Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Not for his climaxes, buddy.
    I'm not entirely convinced Bendis would think of Nightcrawler as being worthy of one of his climaxes. We so need a better phrasing.

Bendis finishes too quickly and with little gusto. He never satisfies my needs and I am always left wanting more.
    The Bubblehead story kinda went out like a lamb, didn't it? Oh well, I thought Henry and Scott casually standing there and watching Dark Beast expire was kinda funny. They might as well have been sitting in lawn chairs and sipping cold water while discussing the last World Cup game. Oh, what the hell, let's go crazy, Henry could've taken a selfie right next to Dark Beast's corpse.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-06-2014 at 10:51 PM.

BANNED

How do you figure? With Magneto we clearly saw him killed, but no clear resurrection. In fact he seemed to have reappeared out of thin air around the time Wanda was losing her sanity to her mutant powers. The ambiguous Xorn/Magneto retcon coinciding with Wanda losing her sanity and control of her reality altering powers supports Magneto being killed at the end of Planet X, and the current Magneto her own creation.

Here Kurt died in plain view of everyone and the body was given a proper burial. Then we clearly see him brooding like an emo at the edge of heaven. He sells his soul, yes, but that isn't evidence he is an impostor or a "pretender." It's definitely Kurt, but soulless.
    He gave up his soul and he's walking around in a body made up of a bunch of congealed demon maggots. There's no part of the original Kurt there, just a copy of his brain wave patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Haven't read the books starring Nightcrawler. I assume it's been a thrilling ride so far, lol?
    There were pirates! Being all pirate-y! And Notcrawler informing his ex-sistergirlfriend that he's "alive" by breaking into her apartment and greeting her with his erection when she walked in the door.

So basically it's been all SORTS of fun!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Let's not be spiritualist bigots.
    Why not? The real Kurt was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    There were pirates! Being all pirate-y! And Notcrawler informing his ex-sistergirlfriend that he's "alive" by breaking into her apartment and greeting her with his erection when she walked in the door.
    Oh well, at least the characterization sounds legit.

Why not? The real Kurt was.
    We soooo need a scene of Nightcrawler telling Kitty, Illyana, Scott and Emma they're going to Hell.

BANNED

I'm not entirely convinced Bendis would think of Nightcrawler as being worthy of one of his climaxes. We so need a better phrasing.
    Ejaculation joke, buddy; and you ruined my careful setup for you to chime in with your own.

The Bubblehead story kinda went out like a lamb, didn't it? Oh well, I thought Henry and Scott casually standing there and watching Dark Beast expire was kinda funny. They might as well have been sitting in lawn chairs and sipping cold water while discussing the latest World Cup game. Oh, what the hell, let's go crazy, Henry could've taken a selfie right next to Dark Beast's corpse.
    Last edited by fod_xp; 07-06-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: had to fix the meme

Ejaculation joke, buddy; and you ruined my careful setup for you to chime in with your own.
    How does this not qualify?

BANNED

How does this not qualify?
    Too obvious. Mine was like a raging bull in a China Shop. I was expecting you to one up me!

Too obvious. Mine was like a raging bull in a China Shop. I was expecting you to one up me!
    Nightcrawler. Devoting too much effort wouldn't have felt right.

BANNED

Nightcrawler. Devoting too much effort wouldn't have felt right.
    Yeah, you have a legitimate point there. Who do you think Scott bangs first? Dazzler or Tampon?

I was pretty sure about Tampon, but since Bendis pulled a Jessica Jones with Dazzler, I am not so sure now.

Yes, Bendis wrote the Kitty that finally got fed up with a bunch of co-workers who never respected her opinion or authority, and a boyfriend who told her that he liked himself better when he was trying to murder her.
    And here I thought that whole business rang with the tone of a disgruntled, tantruming teenager, hell-bent on proving she can do what she wants regardless of the consequences.

You know, who cares about her commitment and responsibility to all those other kids? Who cares about some silly philosophical stance regarding coexistence or war? Who cares that Jeen with the puppy eyes and her crew endangered 7 billion lives and the fabric of reality? When Kitty's friends pointed out that 5 time-displaced teens were not more important than all reality, Kitty disagreed then pouted when she was overruled, leaving in a fit of pique. Now we have said reality endangering teens in the field.

Anyway, I'll be picking up the reunion issue and keeping my fingers crossed that Bendis has actually read the character development done since Kurt's resurrection and doesn't base Nightcrawler on the Fraction era, like he has with a lot of other stuff.

It'll be interesting seeing him write an obvious mutant, rather than a normal looking one, since he never seems to use them.

I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic for this. I really like Kitty and Nightcrawler's friendship. I think it was glossed over too much in Amazing X-men #6. Unlike the rest of the Jean Grey Institute, Nightcrawler is distant from the bitter emotions that caused the team to split. He's basically with the Jean Grey Institute because that's where he ended up when he came back. I'm hoping he could act as a bridge of sorts between the two teams. His relationship with Kitty Pryde could certainly help. Plus, I would love to see him interact more with the O5. I think he could be a good influence on them at a time when they have precious few.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Kitty and Kurt should never be apart. Their friendship was one of the key factors that made Excalibur work.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Yes, Bendis wrote the Kitty that finally got fed up with a bunch of co-workers who never respected her opinion or authority, and a boyfriend who told her that he liked himself better when he was trying to murder her.

Ugh. Just kills.

And on a more upbeat note: Kitty's boots are HAWT.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-07-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Definitely a tearjerking moment but at least we will be seeing them together again very soon. When I hear the song 'Islands In The Stream' by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton it really reminds me of Kitty and Kurt's friendship.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    And here I thought that whole business rang with the tone of a disgruntled, tantruming teenager, hell-bent on proving she can do what she wants regardless of the consequences.

You know, who cares about her commitment and responsibility to all those other kids? Who cares about some silly philosophical stance regarding coexistence or war? Who cares that Jeen with the puppy eyes and her crew endangered 7 billion lives and the fabric of reality? When Kitty's friends pointed out that 5 time-displaced teens were not more important than all reality, Kitty disagreed then pouted when she was overruled, leaving in a fit of pique. Now we have said reality endangering teens in the field.

Anyway, I'll be picking up the reunion issue and keeping my fingers crossed that Bendis has actually read the character development done since Kurt's resurrection and doesn't base Nightcrawler on the Fraction era, like he has with a lot of other stuff.

It'll be interesting seeing him write an obvious mutant, rather than a normal looking one, since he never seems to use them.
    Can we all be honest here?
    Kitty left because Beast is just to much, lately. Beast is the Schism wedge.