Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we all be honest here?
    Kitty left because Beast is just to much, lately. Beast is the Schism wedge.

Oh no doubt modern day Beast is enough to drive anyone temporarily insane

BANNED

Yea, I think BMB is implying more on family breaking apart.

NIGHTC2014004-int-LR2-2-799cc.jpg
    NIGHTC2014004-int-LR2-3-5596a.jpg
    008.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm going to choose to be cautiously optimistic for this. I really like Kitty and Nightcrawler's friendship. I think it was glossed over too much in Amazing X-men #6. Unlike the rest of the Jean Grey Institute, Nightcrawler is distant from the bitter emotions that caused the team to split. He's basically with the Jean Grey Institute because that's where he ended up when he came back. I'm hoping he could act as a bridge of sorts between the two teams. His relationship with Kitty Pryde could certainly help. Plus, I would love to see him interact more with the O5. I think he could be a good influence on them at a time when they have precious few.
    I thank you for your well wrought optimism MM616. As a Nightcrawler fan this 'bridge' seemed like a natural fit when his return was first announced. Yet, as things stand - my worry would be that using Kurt in this way now may only regress his character back into the role of the dream's martyr - the sacrificial embodiment of the divides between the fractions. He's not who he was and while I'm not convinced he is soulless I do feel like he has hardened (justifiably). Rather than mediating and mending I feel like the 'bridge' Kurt could help provide is more of a road away from the pyres that were the X-Men and into a patiently realized new restoration - a bridge to a better place. The journey itself could serve to shed much of the hurt and resentment...the husks of grief and worn out ruts of characterization that bog down so many heroes leaving them little chance to progress beyond bottoming out, dying or fading off panel.

My hope is also (as Sundowhn said) that Bendis' Kurt is consistent with the person we're getting know through Aaron and Claremont. This doesn't appear to be a guy who wants any part in the wars (civil, personal or revolutionary)...he appears to be a man in search of meaning and purpose...and yes, his soul. I can't imagine he's going to find it with Scott or at JGS...but perhaps his individual quest in some ways embodies the quest of the entire X-Men cast...the search for restoration.

And there are signs that this sort of story is happening. Magneto's solo is about him rediscovering himself. Magik has a personal story woven into UXM where she is emerging in a new light. Logan is about to die and that's a big metamorphosis...the younger new mutants we care about are all just discovering themselves...Storm's solo looks like a real opportunity for her to also restore her sense of self...there are signs that individuals are seeking new light and new meaning and perhaps collectively these will coalesce into a profound change.
    Last edited by sungila; 07-07-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

A part of me is thinking hey, Kurt and Kitty together again in ,like, forever! And another part is... afraid. Very afraid.

Very afraid.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-07-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    So..The Beginning of the Alternate Universe in that All new X-Men issue. Kurt and Kitty will have sex.

I'm not being serious...but know Bendis who knows...Maybe what happened in that All New X-Men issue will really happen. And that will suck cause Kurt ends up dying and then Kitty get's back with Colossus!

Ill have to pick up that issue tho cause yall know...Love the Kurtty!

And Fringe Division, The Great Writer in X-Verse history said it was a Fundamental Violation of Character.

And if you remember...I actually think Kitty had plenty of legit reasons to leave. The only fault I had with her leaving teams was it being so sudden. I would have liked to see them all try to talk it out first. But other than that. I agree she was being disrespected at the JGS. But I also think how it happened was a Fundamental Violation. The reasons are perfectly legit for her wanting to switch teams. imo.
    Yep, how it was done was my problem and.. when. That is what chose her to leave? She should have been questioning Scott, Logan and Hank as soon as she stepped off that bullet and left then, not that silly 05 reason. She had no problem that Scott, Logan, and Hank had become mass killers when she came back hiding X-Force and Secret Avengers but... the 05. This is what makes the current X-Men look like flakes to me, lol.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-07-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Can't wait until issue 25 of Uncanny now! I suppose this means that she won't show up at all in Claremont's Nightcrawler series. Shame we can't have both
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

I thank you for your well wrought optimism MM616. As a Nightcrawler fan this 'bridge' seemed like a natural fit when his return was first announced. Yet, as things stand - my worry would be that using Kurt in this way now may only regress his character back into the role of the dream's martyr - the sacrificial embodiment of the divides between the fractions. He's not who he was and while I'm not convinced he is soulless I do feel like he has hardened (justifiably). Rather than mediating and mending I feel like the 'bridge' Kurt could help provide is more of a road away from the pyres that were the X-Men and into a patiently realized new restoration - a bridge to a better place. The journey itself could serve to shed much of the hurt and resentment...the husks of grief and worn out ruts of characterization that bog down so many heroes leaving them little chance to progress beyond bottoming out, dying or fading off panel.

My hope is also (as Sundowhn said) that Bendis' Kurt is consistent with the person we're getting know through Aaron and Claremont. This doesn't appear to be a guy who wants any part in the wars (civil, personal or revolutionary)...he appears to be a man in search of meaning and purpose...and yes, his soul. I can't imagine he's going to find it with Scott or at JGS...but perhaps his individual quest in some ways embodies the quest of the entire X-Men cast...the search for restoration.

And there are signs that this sort of story is happening. Magneto's solo is about him rediscovering himself. Magik has a personal story woven into UXM where she is emerging in a new light. Logan is about to die and that's a big metamorphosis...the younger new mutants we care about are all just discovering themselves...Storm's solo looks like a real opportunity for her to also restore her sense of self...there are signs that individuals are seeking new light and new meaning and perhaps collectively these will coalesce into a profound change.

Yes, I'm really hoping to see this happen. I want to see some thought-provoking interaction, not just token justification for either side thrown out there.

It feels like Marvel has really painted themselves into a corner first with Schism, and then with the plot of the O5. It's quit being about how would this particular character really react (if it ever really was) and more of stories where writers try to force a character into whatever role or non-role they want them to play -- character history be damned. It would be nice to see them actually start trying to fix it. I think this rift has been milked for all it was worth already.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-07-2014 at 09:40 AM.

BANNED

I'd just like to go on record that the topic title was heavily edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    And here I thought that whole business rang with the tone of a disgruntled, tantruming teenager, hell-bent on proving she can do what she wants regardless of the consequences.
    You missed Kitty's statements to the contrary, I guess. Too bad. It was a good scene.

You know, who cares about her commitment and responsibility to all those other kids?
    What commitment and responsibility to all those other kids? Storm stole it from her and then proceeded to try to steal it from Wolverine, too.

Who cares that Jeen with the puppy eyes and her crew endangered 7 billion lives and the fabric of reality?
    Did you misspell "Beast"? Anyway, any evidence as to the O5's effect on reality one way or the other suggests it's only the adult counterparts of the O5 who are effected. So Jean's not an issue, Cyclops obviously doesn't care, whatever happens to Beast is his own fault, and since no one but Bobby cared that the original adult Warren was murdered and replaced, I don't see why anyone would care if Blank Slate Angel suddenly disappeared. That just leaves us with Bobby, and then you have an interesting question about rights, since technically Teen Bobby and adult Bobby are the same person. Whose feelings on the matter are more important between two of the same person at different ages? Plus considering Teen Bobby hasn't yet become someone who regrets not having an excuse to murder his girlfriend and loved ones and every other living creature on Earth, it's probably best if he stick around and adult Bobby disappear, don't you think?

When Kitty's friends pointed out that 5 time-displaced teens were not more important than all reality, Kitty disagreed then pouted when she was overruled, leaving in a fit of pique.
    I don't know, this seems to be similar to many of the moral quandaries being faced by the super hero community lately, and generally speaking all the "good" characters have come down on the equivalent of Kitty's side.

And can I just say, your repeated portrayals of a woman standing up for her beliefs as nothing but a pouting child is... well, it certainly says a lot.

Yes, regarding the complaints around Kitty and the O5 insistence to remain in this time --- not NEARLY enough blame and anger is being directed toward Hank.
    Additionally -- they CAN'T be sent back, as I understand it(?) because Beast jacked things up so bad, right?

Hank endangered the whole of time and space -- to wag a finger at Scott Summers. Da Fuh--???
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Thanks for always listening to the fans, Mr. Bendis. <3 <3 <3
    lolwut? omg, I hope he never listens to the fans here.

I think people are also forgetting, re: Kitty's change of venue, that she watched the people she trusted join up with time travelers from the future (always a shady bunch, and I say that as a Cable fan) to hunt down said teenagers, then allowed them to abuse one of them (Jeen) in the name of protecting the timeline. I am not a particular fan of any of the JGS books, but when we got to that part in BOTA even I sat back and went "Wow. That's some pretty awful character assassination." on behalf of Ororo, Logan, and crew. The whole point of the JGS was to safeguard mutant kids from harm and allow them to grow up to make their own decisions. In the 05's case, in the eyes of Logan and all the staff except Kitty and Rachel, apparently the core imperative of the JGS just... went away. Out of self-interest, and in a fairly brutal way, to boot.

And before anyone brings up the M'Kraan Crystal and the fate of the universe, I would refer you to the crystal wave in the lead-up to the original AOA. If Jeen's absence from the past was inevitably going to be a problem, we would probably know about it by now.

antiochene!
    Did you ever finish firebirds?? I lost the link and I don't know how to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    antiochene!
    Did you ever finish firebirds?? I lost the link and I don't know how to find it.
    Hey! I did. I'll msg you with the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    And can I just say, your repeated portrayals of a woman standing up for her beliefs as nothing but a pouting child is... well, it certainly says a lot.
    I'm sure -- it says that I have little tolerance for baseless, unjustified stances, no patience for teen melodrama, false moral dilemmas, or writing characters to fit a story rather than writing stories and finding the characters that would best fit. I also don't judge a character based on gender. If a female character acts ridiculous, I'm not going to excuse it or justify it because she's female and try to couch that in terms of gender equality.

She was shown as acting immature, tunnel-visioned and supporting a stance that couldn't be justified in story. Her friends called her on it and she threw a little fit and left.

I am a woman and when I say I expect equal treatment, I expect just that -- equality. I don't expect to have someone make excuses for me or expect less from me based on my gender. That's pseudo-feminism and there's nothing equal about it.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    lolwut? omg, I hope he never listens to the fans here.
    I do. That way he throws EVERYONE under the bus for Cyclops just to spite the people smack talking him. Then we can get such titles as "Cyclops" (Since "Wolverine" has to be replaced), "Cyclops and the X-men", "Uncanny Cyclops", and fan favorite UnCyclops Cykevengers" by Rick Remender and BMB, featuring his X-harem Scarlet Witch, Jeen, and Ichisumi. Nightcrawler and Kitty will be the couple of the book.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616