Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I do. That way he throws EVERYONE under the bus for Cyclops just to spite the people smack talking him. Then we can get such titles as "Cyclops" (Since "Wolverine" has to be replaced), "Cyclops and the X-men", "Uncanny Cyclops", and fan favorite UnCyclops Cykevengers" by Rick Remender and BMB, featuring his X-harem Scarlet Witch, Jeen, and Ichisumi. Nightcrawler and Kitty will be the couple of the book.
    You forgot about "Savage Cyclops" to replace "Savage Wolverine". His harem in that title will be brotherhood themed and he'll finally get to be with Mystique since Logan and Xavier aren't around. Also he'll have Lady Mastermind and Frenzy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I think people are also forgetting, re: Kitty's change of venue, that she watched the people she trusted join up with time travelers from the future (always a shady bunch, and I say that as a Cable fan) to hunt down said teenagers, then allowed them to abuse one of them (Jeen) in the name of protecting the timeline. I am not a particular fan of any of the JGS books, but when we got to that part in BOTA even I sat back and went "Wow. That's some pretty awful character assassination." on behalf of Ororo, Logan, and crew. The whole point of the JGS was to safeguard mutant kids from harm and allow them to grow up to make their own decisions. In the 05's case, in the eyes of Logan and all the staff except Kitty and Rachel, apparently the core imperative of the JGS just... went away. Out of self-interest, and in a fairly brutal way, to boot.

And before anyone brings up the M'Kraan Crystal and the fate of the universe, I would refer you to the crystal wave in the lead-up to the original AOA. If Jeen's absence from the past was inevitably going to be a problem, we would probably know about it by now.
    Hey wait about how Scott trusted Cable with Hope and his information from the future and look how that turned out ?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Hey wait about how Scott trusted Cable with Hope and his information from the future and look how that turned out ?
    Mool's right, Cable saved the world by making Scott not hand over Hope to the Avengers, so Kitty should get time powers to let Cyke be right twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    You forgot about "Savage Cyclops" to replace "Savage Wolverine". His harem in that title will be brotherhood themed and he'll finally get to be with Mystique since Logan and Xavier aren't around. Also he'll have Lady Mastermind and Frenzy.
    It's early here, my bad. Also forgot "Young Cyclops's" (his own team of youngsters and Tyke), Adjectiveless Cyclops, Astonishing Cyclops, and 5 Annual Cyclops a year, with each Annual tanking the rep of a beloved X-character (Rogue not included, since she gets Legacy back. Can't all be for Cyclops u.u :P ).
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-07-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Double post
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Yeah, I don't know if tunnel vision is really a topic that some people want to get into here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes, regarding the complaints around Kitty and the O5 insistence to remain in this time --- not NEARLY enough blame and anger is being directed toward Hank.
    Additionally -- they CAN'T be sent back, as I understand it(?) because Beast jacked things up so bad, right?

Hank endangered the whole of time and space -- to wag a finger at Scott Summers. Da Fuh--???
    You're right that the O5 can't be sent back. It might be a natural consequence of Beast being an idiot, or it might be something else. It hasn't been explained yet.

My favorite Beast moment in recent memory was when he was all, "Hello! Do you see a mutant genocide happening? SO OBVIOUSLY MY ACTIONS STOPPED IT!" at Uatu. Stay crazy, Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I think people are also forgetting, re: Kitty's change of venue, that she watched the people she trusted join up with time travelers from the future (always a shady bunch, and I say that as a Cable fan) to hunt down said teenagers, then allowed them to abuse one of them (Jeen) in the name of protecting the timeline. I am not a particular fan of any of the JGS books, but when we got to that part in BOTA even I sat back and went "Wow. That's some pretty awful character assassination." on behalf of Ororo, Logan, and crew. The whole point of the JGS was to safeguard mutant kids from harm and allow them to grow up to make their own decisions. In the 05's case, in the eyes of Logan and all the staff except Kitty and Rachel, apparently the core imperative of the JGS just... went away. Out of self-interest, and in a fairly brutal way, to boot.

And before anyone brings up the M'Kraan Crystal and the fate of the universe, I would refer you to the crystal wave in the lead-up to the original AOA. If Jeen's absence from the past was inevitably going to be a problem, we would probably know about it by now.
    This. All of it.

I do. That way he throws EVERYONE under the bus for Cyclops just to spite the people smack talking him. Then we can get such titles as "Cyclops" (Since "Wolverine" has to be replaced), "Cyclops and the X-men", "Uncanny Cyclops", and fan favorite UnCyclops Cykevengers" by Rick Remender and BMB, featuring his X-harem Scarlet Witch, Jeen, and Ichisumi. Nightcrawler and Kitty will be the couple of the book.
    Wolverine is being killed off just to push Cyclops some more, don'tyaknow?

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Had not crossed my mind whatsoever!!! That fiend Cyclops! I still don't know how his fictional booty does it to convince the editors to boost him up, drawing the ire of the forums. But as stated, crossing fingers to have Cyclops fill in Wolverine's easily fillable shoes. Unless Storm beats him to the punch, which is okay since she was his girlfriend.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Can't wait until issue 25 of Uncanny now! I suppose this means that she won't show up at all in Claremont's Nightcrawler series. Shame we can't have both
    As if Bendis would've taken that Fundamental Violation of Character comment lying down. Good on him.

Hopefully, Logan will spend his final issue thinking of Scott and the motorcycle he named after him.

But as stated, crossing fingers to have Cyclops fill in Wolverine's easily fillable shoes. Unless Storm beats him to the punch, which is okay since she was his girlfriend.
    Ororo won't even be in the running if the mutant community has anything to say about it. Doubly so if there's paperwork involved.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Yeah, you have a legitimate point there. Who do you think Scott bangs first? Dazzler or Tampon?
    The correct answer is "the one that is the least reminiscent of the abomination that would be Kurt/Kitty."

And just like that we're back on topic. Sorta.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ororo won't even be in the running if the mutant community has anything to say about it. Doubly so if there's paperwork involved.
    Storm is mandate-free thanks to Betsy telling her she no need no man u.u

BANNED

The question is, will Logan's death finally free Storm to think about something else for a change, or will she be buried along with him because no one can dislodge her head from his behind?

The question is, will Logan's death finally free Storm to think about something else for a change, or will she be buried along with him because no one can dislodge her head from his behind?
    Storm is already rational. She's finally taken the reigns of her leadership, but I do see your point. The only time she's ARRRRhating is when she's next to Wolverine. Idk if for appearances or some pheromone thing we know not about. So with him gone, Cyke and her can have a peaceful talk, pleasantries exchanged, etc. Then starts the first chapter of the highly anticipated Cyclops and the X-men Vol 1 (out of 15 due to editorial mandate)

BANNED

She was supposed to be co-headmaster. Wolverine regularly disregarded her opinion on things, and then Storm arrived and took her job, and Kitty was demoted to looking after the O5, only for all of her colleagues to block her attempts to do so.

Bobby went on a rampage because of the Death Seed shard and tried to kill her, along with everyone else on the planet. Once the Death Seed was removed, he told her that he liked himself better when it was still inside him (that is to say, when he was on a murderous rampage that almost claimed her as one of its many casualties). She still tried to support him after that, but he refused to return the favor because like Wolverine, Storm and Beast, he is a hypocritical douchebag.

And then she changed her mind. People do that. We saw it happen over the course of the story. It's not like Kitty was completely for the O5 being forcibly sent back the entire time and then switched gears suddenly in the epilogue.
    You do know Kitty walked away from the position?

o

BANNED

I was referring more to her all-consuming preoccupation with Wolverine's every movement.

I doubt his being gone would change her behavior towards Scott. She was being judgmental towards him before Logan was.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Storm is mandate-free thanks to Betsy telling her she no need no man u.u
    Wait, no. Psylocke was whining about how useless/irrelevant Storm was unless she had a male antagonist to properly play off against.

Nah. Once Logan bites it, the only difference is that Storm won't have any scapegoat left for her team's failure to make much of a dent in the x-verse's overall narrative. Unless Cyclops does her a solid and steps in as heroic antagonist (again), she'll still be just as irrelevant.

Storm really, really needs to take a page from Prof K. Trolling the space-time continuum always, always beats whining about paperwork.

I doubt his being gone would change her behavior towards Scott. She was being judgmental towards him before Logan was.
    Well, if Logan's dead, then he can't whine about Scott pre/mid/post-coitus. That might take some of the edge off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    A part of me is thinking hey, Kurt and Kitty together again in ,like, forever! And another part is... afraid. Very afraid.

Very afraid.
    Bendis isn't known for writing people in character, so you should be afraid, very afraid.

o

I was referring more to her all-consuming preoccupation with Wolverine's every movement.

Either way, his death can only be good for her in the long run. So let's try to see some silver lining. They shouldn't be killing Wolvie ;-;. Well, not when Mutant Genocide is still allowed to lie and harm the timestream -_-

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Nah. Once Logan bites it, the only difference is that Storm won't have any scapegoat left for her team's failure to make much of a dent in the x-verse's overall narrative. Unless Cyclops does her a solid and steps in as heroic antagonist (again), she'll still be just as irrelevant.
    No, Cyclops uses scapegoats, never is one (lol, couldn't type that with a straight face)