Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You do know Kitty walked away from the position?

o
    Yes, after Storm declared herself the head of the school (with Logan two feet away from her, no less). The "walking away" was all but a formality at that point.

I suppose it's really all Kitty's fault for hiring her over an actual qualified teacher in the first place.
    Last edited by Fringe Division; 07-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Yes, after Storm declared herself the head of the school (with Logan two feet away from her, no less). The "walking away" was all but a formality at that point.

I suppose it's really all Kitty's fault for hiring her over an actual qualified teacher in the first place.
    Wrong Kitty gave it up and offered it to Storm then Storm declared it.

o

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I think people are also forgetting, re: Kitty's change of venue, that she watched the people she trusted join up with time travelers from the future (always a shady bunch, and I say that as a Cable fan) to hunt down said teenagers, then allowed them to abuse one of them (Jeen) in the name of protecting the timeline. I am not a particular fan of any of the JGS books, but when we got to that part in BOTA even I sat back and went "Wow. That's some pretty awful character assassination." on behalf of Ororo, Logan, and crew. The whole point of the JGS was to safeguard mutant kids from harm and allow them to grow up to make their own decisions. In the 05's case, in the eyes of Logan and all the staff except Kitty and Rachel, apparently the core imperative of the JGS just... went away. Out of self-interest, and in a fairly brutal way, to boot.

And before anyone brings up the M'Kraan Crystal and the fate of the universe, I would refer you to the crystal wave in the lead-up to the original AOA. If Jeen's absence from the past was inevitably going to be a problem, we would probably know about it by now.
    Timeline trumps everything, especially in the X-verse: JGS unwilling to follow Kitty in her irrational stance tells everything there is to know about the sheer stupidity of the O5 affair.
    The Purifiers of all people pointed the sheer stupidity of the O5 affair.
    Pryde acted foolishly in BotA, full stop.

"If Jeen's absence from the past was inevitably going to be a problem, we would probably know about it by now."
    Wait, what ?
    The story is still being told atm you know, and this is Bendis we are talking about.
    So no, we won't know anything before a long while, that he didn't deliver in that regard is pretty typical and expected with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I'm sure -- it says that I have little tolerance for baseless, unjustified stances, no patience for teen melodrama, false moral dilemmas, or writing characters to fit a story rather than writing stories and finding the characters that would best fit. I also don't judge a character based on gender. If a female character acts ridiculous, I'm not going to excuse it or justify it because she's female and try to couch that in terms of gender equality.

She was shown as acting immature, tunnel-visioned and supporting a stance that couldn't be justified in story. Her friends called her on it and she threw a little fit and left.

I am a woman and when I say I expect equal treatment, I expect just that -- equality. I don't expect to have someone make excuses for me or expect less from me based on my gender. That's pseudo-feminism and there's nothing equal about it.
    Also, THIS.
    very well said Sundowhn.

Back on topic, I'd expect Nightcrawler to try and gloss over the whole Schism to just enjoy being with his friend.
    It's well-due catch-up time between them.
    That being said, I wouldn't be surprise if there's some sort of trolling going on at some point, we know the writer is really into that kind of thing.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

o
    I was also under the impression that Kitty's commitment was to the kids and a philosophy, not a job title.

BANNED

o
    Screen cap or scan of Kitty offering it to Storm? Issue and page number, even?

I could be wrong. But I just looked over the issues again and I see Storm in ANXM #4 tell the O5 that she is in charge. Then in #5, Kitty volunteers to look after the O5. In #6, Kitty tells Jeen she's no longer headmistress. There's no exchange between Kitty and Storm about the headmistress position. No mention of such a conversation taking place, either.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Timeline trumps everything, especially in the X-verse: JGS unwilling to follow Kitty in her irrational stance tells everything there is to know about the sheer stupidity of the O5 affair.
    The Purifiers of all people pointed the sheer stupidity of the O5 affair.
    Pryde acted foolishly in BotA, full stop.
    Too bad Beast never got the memo ;-;
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

I was also under the impression that Kitty's commitment was to the kids and a philosophy, not a job title.
    1. Her ability to look after all the kids was continually impeded by the actions of several of her colleagues. Other than kicking them out or taking the entire student body with her, against their will, there wasn't much she could do for them.

2. Her reasoning for dedicating herself to the O5, specifically, was made clear several times throughout the run prior to BOTA. But I'm sure, like the fact that if BOTA proved anything it is that the O5 being in the present does not endanger all of space-time, this is going to be ignored because it doesn't support your stance.

1. Her ability to look after all the kids was continually impeded by the actions of several of her colleagues. Other than kicking them out or taking the entire student body with her, against their will, there wasn't much she could do for them.

2. Her reasoning for dedicating herself to the O5, specifically, was made clear several times throughout the run prior to BOTA. But I'm sure, like the fact that if BOTA proved anything it is that the O5 being in the present does not endanger all of space-time, this is going to be ignored because it doesn't support your stance.
    1. Nope. The only thing interfered with was her saying the O5 deserved a choice in whether to go back or not. She was over-ruled.

2. BOTA showed the erasure of the current counterpart if one of the O5 was killed. Take some of the mega-story lines from the past and remove one of the major characters from the equation. Might cause things to turn out differently, right? That impacts the time stream. For fans of Bendis, even he wrote about the impact of Beast bringing the O5 to present in ANXM #25.

1. Nope. The only thing interfered with was her saying the O5 deserved a choice in whether to go back or not. She was over-ruled.

2. BOTA showed the erasure of the current counterpart if one of the O5 was killed. Take some of the mega-story lines from the past and remove one of the major characters from the equation. Might cause things to turn out differently, right? That impacts the time stream. For fans of Bendis, even he wrote about the impact of Beast bringing the O5 to present in ANXM #25.
    BOTA also showed a time displaced Jeen dying with no consequences to any timeline.

BANNED

Screen cap or scan of Kitty offering it to Storm? Issue and page number, even?

I could be wrong. But I just looked over the issues again and I see Storm in ANXM #4 tell the O5 that she is in charge. Then in #5, Kitty volunteers to look after the O5. In #6, Kitty tells Jeen she's no longer headmistress. There's no exchange between Kitty and Storm about the headmistress position. No mention of such a conversation taking place, either.
    It's there, but someone else will have to find it as I don't have time to look but Kitty gave it up willingly and then didn't like that folks wouldn't listen to her even though what she said was stupid.

o

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised No More Humans hasn't been mentioned yet.

There's quite literally billions of reasons to give Prof K a break.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised No More Humans hasn't been mentioned yet.

There's quite literally billions of reasons to give Prof K a break.
    Can't make a crap argument while using actual canon, FluffyCyclopsRLZ. That's not how it works. That and ignoring the main cause of said problem and holding said person responsible............ But let's just blame Kitty. She is what's wrong in the otherwise perfectly flawless JGS
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Beast and Wolverine's actions routinely put the school and its students in danger (not to mention all of the multiverse, but LOL, that only counts when it's Kitty, because Reasons). This goes back to before Bendis was even writing an X-Book. Under Storm's "leadership," an entity that had reduced one of the students to nothing but a brain in a jar was allowed to roam the halls. The school's a lost cause that Kitty can't fix because she has no real say. She's not helping anyone by standing around being ignored all the time.

2. BOTA showed the erasure of the current counterpart if one of the O5 was killed. Take some of the mega-story lines from the past and remove one of the major characters from the equation. Might cause things to turn out differently, right? That impacts the time stream.
    Except we very clearly saw that it didn't, twice over. Scott disappeared from the present, but nothing about the situation changed and everyone around him remembered him. Their past had not been altered. Xorna was killed without ever having returned to the past (which would mean no Jean from Uncanny X-Men #8 forward) and everything is fine.

Compare this to the specific evidence that all of space-time would be screwed. Oh, I'm sorry you can't because none exists. Whoopsie.

For fans of Bendis, even he wrote about the impact of Beast bringing the O5 to present in ANXM #25.
    Some timelines were removed, some new ones sprung into existence. Your point? That happens every time someone time travels. Why aren't Beast and Wolverine and Havok, etc., etc., framed in the same way Kitty is by the readers who think she was wrong? I can really only pinpoint two crucial differences between her and the others, and neither of them have to do with time travel and the effects thereof...
    Last edited by Fringe Division; 07-07-2014 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

It's there, but someone else will have to find it as I don't have time to look but Kitty gave it up willingly and then didn't like that folks wouldn't listen to her even though what she said was stupid.

o
    The burden of proof is on you, especially since I cited specific issues that contradict your claim. Until you can prove me wrong, we're going to have to go with, "It's not there." Can you even provide context? What title did it happen in? What arc? Did anything else happen in the scene that you can recall?

Beast and Wolverine's actions routinely put the school and its students in danger. This goes back to before Bendis was even writing an X-Book. Under Storm's "leadership," an entity that had reduced one of the students to nothing but a brain in a jar was allowed to roam the halls. The school's a lost cause that Kitty can't fix because she has no real say. She's not helping anyone by standing around being ignored all the time.
    Awwww, now I feel worse for poor Rachel ;-;