Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Will Randy Moss receive the same treatment?
    Moss's antics never reached the team-destroying level, so perhaps not. But his next year is his first year of eligibility, so we'll find out soon enough.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its really how much they ask for him. But the Patriots likely will take a 2nd for a couple reasons.

- Jimmy G hasn't played much beyond a couple games last year and was a good fill in for Brady. But how much was it the Patriots offense by McDaniels and how much was it him ? Also the teams looking at him have to be concerned that he could be another Matt Cassel or Ryan Mallett.

- His contract expires after this season and they will want to get something for him. With Brady's extension happening soon (he'll get a 2-3 year extension) , that means he won't be replacing him yet. And they will wanna move him.

The 49ers will look at QB's right now. Shanahan has 3 names circled he could pursue. One is Garappolo , the next one is Kirk Cousins and the last one is Matt Schaub . With Schaub he wants a veteran to be there that knows his system and he'd start awhile if the 49ers draft a rookie QB to learn.
    I think the Patriots would be very happy to take a 2nd, especially if it's the Browns 2nd. I mean, just for the reasons you said, He is unproven and there is no way he will stay in NE after this season. Unless they worked out a deal with Jim before the trade; the Browns would be nuts to give up a 2nd rounder on a player who could walk away after one season.

I, personally, wouldn't think Jimmy is worth anymore than 4th rounder. But, I'm no expert.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Chris Carter waited a number of years to get in , he had to wait awhile. Terrell Owens and Randy Moss will likely wait a few years. It happens , WR's don't always go in every year. Its a fact of life. I'd be more angry that someone who created the modern day wide open passing offenses like Don Coryell who has went years without being elected in. That is the real sad story . A guy like that who deserves it for years , keeps getting denied.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Chris Carter waited a number of years to get in , he had to wait awhile. Terrell Owens and Randy Moss will likely wait a few years. It happens , WR's don't always go in every year. Its a fact of life. I'd be more angry that someone who created the modern day wide open passing offenses like Don Coryell who has went years without being elected in. That is the real sad story . A guy like that who deserves it for years , keeps getting denied.
    They only put in 5 per year (plus 2 from the senior committee IIRC) and there are far more than 5 positions.

That said, Owens' prospects don't exactly look rosy because of who else is becoming eligible in coming years.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Its really how much they ask for him. But the Patriots likely will take a 2nd for a couple reasons.

- Jimmy G hasn't played much beyond a couple games last year and was a good fill in for Brady. But how much was it the Patriots offense by McDaniels and how much was it him ? Also the teams looking at him have to be concerned that he could be another Matt Cassel or Ryan Mallett.

- His contract expires after this season and they will want to get something for him. With Brady's extension happening soon (he'll get a 2-3 year extension) , that means he won't be replacing him yet. And they will wanna move him.

The 49ers will look at QB's right now. Shanahan has 3 names circled he could pursue. One is Garappolo , the next one is Kirk Cousins and the last one is Matt Schaub . With Schaub he wants a veteran to be there that knows his system and he'd start awhile if the 49ers draft a rookie QB to learn.
    I read stuff that Shanahan likes Smith, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Without Coryell, you could argue that the Patriots wouldn't have the offense they have today or their overall success. In a way, he has a piece of every Super Bowl won by the 49ers, Patriots, Buccaneers, and Seahawks.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Carson Palmer announced he will return for the 2017 season. Last week Larry Fitzgerald announced he'd return for the 2017 season. Palmer was on the fence as it was told that this past season he was beaten up badly due to taking 40 sacks. This could be him and Fitzgerald's final season ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

For some reason the Seahawks sighed former Vikings Kicker Blair Walsh.
    Hope he has been seeing a Shrink since he was cut to get over the yips.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Carson Palmer announced he will return for the 2017 season. Last week Larry Fitzgerald announced he'd return for the 2017 season. Palmer was on the fence as it was told that this past season he was beaten up badly due to taking 40 sacks. This could be him and Fitzgerald's final season ahead.
    If 2017 is the last rodeo for Palmer, Arizona had been accelerate their search for his replacement.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If 2017 is the last rodeo for Palmer, Arizona had been accelerate their search for his replacement.
    Its said the Cardinals are gonna try and beef up the offensive line to protect Palmer. He took a lot of punishment and Arians doesn't want that to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Moss's antics never reached the team-destroying level, so perhaps not. But his next year is his first year of eligibility, so we'll find out soon enough.
    When he was in Oakland he did give up on the team though and just dogged it not long after he arrived. I understand that Oakland was a terrible franchise at the time, but Owens from what I recall never quit on the field.

Owens has a better career resume than Carter does though when he retired. Apparently Owens didn't even make the final ten in the selection process and the voters didn't spend much time talking about his candidacy. Which is a shame, because he should have gotten in his first year he was eligible. We're talking about a guy who is second to Jerry Rice in receiving yards and third in touchdowns behind Rice and Moss. Owens might be held out or years with his recent comments saying that he doesn't care about the HOF. Can't blame him as it's really turned into a popularity contest for who has a nice persona in conjunction with their statistical achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    For some reason the Seahawks sighed former Vikings Kicker Blair Walsh.
    Hope he has been seeing a Shrink since he was cut to get over the yips.
    Well, he did make one of the biggest kicks in Seahawks history.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Glad to have Kyle as the head coach of the 49ers. He's someone I wanted a few years back. Glad to get him coming off the best year of his coaching experience. John Lynch was a surprise and I'm still on the fence about it. I'm not sure what to think. He seems to really be sure of himself, and he sounds like a leader. He's also started to bring aboard some guys that folks are chirping about as good additions to the front office. At the same time Lynch has zero experience and that scares me. I watched the presser today and was impressed overall. More so with Kyle, but he spoke most of the time in contrast to John. These guys do seem to be on the same page. This definitely doesn't feel like a shotgun wedding like it did with Trent Baalke and Chip Kelly. Also, it's nice to have someone back who was here during the days where the 49ers were still at the height of their powers. Kyle knows what the standard used to be for the franchise.

Honestly though it could get worse before it gets better. This is a first time head coach and first time GM. The entire roster needs to be turned off. Projects that were tied to the previous regime like Tank Carradine need to go. Or past their prime veterans that have stuck around like Ahmad Brooks. The 49ers do have a lot of cap space, but I don't expect some blockbuster deal for a guy like Jimmy Garrapolo or Kirk Cousins. This team needs bodies and can't just give up draft capital for an unproven QB. I think this team will still be bad next year. Like 2-14 bad. Still not as bad as Jimmy Tomsula's year though. I know that team had a better record than Chip's lone season, but it felt twice as worse. And according to DVOA they were far worse.

As a fan though I am excited. Jed gave them 6 year deals so he's obviously all in. If this does work out and the team gets on track, Jed needs to vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Owens has a better career resume than Carter does though when he retired. Apparently Owens didn't even make the final ten in the selection process and the voters didn't spend much time talking about his candidacy. Which is a shame, because he should have gotten in his first year he was eligible. We're talking about a guy who is second to Jerry Rice in receiving yards and third in touchdowns behind Rice and Moss. Owens might be held out or years with his recent comments saying that he doesn't care about the HOF. Can't blame him as it's really turned into a popularity contest for who has a nice persona in conjunction with their statistical achievements.
    Chris Carter when he retired in 2002 , was 2nd all time in TD's and receptions to Jerry Rice. Those figures were surpassed by others of course after his retirement. Carter waited 5 seasons to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.