Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Romo will ask to approve the trade and likely have to redo his contract for that to happen though. His cap hit is one teams will wanna bring down before he comes in. I mean , everyone knows Tony Romo won't be approving a trade to the Cleveland Browns and even if they took his full salary on (and they have massive cap room) , he would say NOPE. And nix a trade and even refuse a physical. And Jones relationship with Romo as close as he is , he's gonna let Romo likely do what Montana did and visit the teams that are close and go from there if they wanna do a trade.

Dallas will get a 3rd round pick I'm sure for Romo. He's not worth more than that.
    I expect something like a 2nd or 3rd with a possible future conditional pick depending on playing time and other things (like if he takes his team to the playoffs, etc.)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I expect something like a 2nd or 3rd with a possible future conditional pick depending on playing time and other things (like if he takes his team to the playoffs, etc.)
    Whatever Dallas gets will be a major boon for them. Dallas and New England are going to get to set the trade value higher than the player's actual worth. If they deal them.

Speaking of Dallas, they just restructured their OL contracts. All in for 2017.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-20-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Difler thinks Romo goes for a 4th or 5th, Jimmy G would go for a 3rd or 4th.

Apparently the Bears are the only ones looking to deal for Romo and Jimmy G. 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Romo, like Cousins, would get more money as a FA. I guess it depends on what he wants. To play? To win? To get paid?

The latest rumors are that the Pats and Dallas won't be dealing either.

Romo would be a good back-up for Dak.
    Romo however won't do that and his salary cap number is one that Dallas will want rid of since they know they need defensive free agents to help. They add to that defense they could have something special. But the cap number of Romo's will hurt that.

Whatever Dallas gets will be a major boon for them. Dallas and New England are going to get to set the trade value higher than the player's actual worth.
    Dallas won't set that much trade value in a man who has been injured the last 2 seasons. And has folks questioning how his back and neck will handle a 16 game schedule. The Patriots will likely get that 12th pick from Cleveland , unless they deal for McCarron.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, if Romo wants a chance to compete for a Super Bowl, that AIN'T happening in Miami, Cleveland, Buffalo or Chicago while Houston is iffy at best. His best chance would be with Denver.
    I think Buffalo and Miami are closer than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Romo however won't do that and his salary cap number is one that Dallas will want rid of since they know they need defensive free agents to help. They add to that defense they could have something special. But the cap number of Romo's will hurt that.

Dallas won't set that much trade value in a man who has been injured the last 2 seasons. And has folks questioning how his back and neck will handle a 16 game schedule. The Patriots will likely get that 12th pick from Cleveland , unless they deal for McCarron.
    Here's my off-beat prediction:

Romo is injury prone, the sample size of Jimmy G proves he has the most up side but it's still small, and Kirk makes bad mistakes throwing into double coverage. Romo can be explosive in the deep game, Jimmy was ranked with Carr on the board, and Cousins can get the job done when motivated. Therefore, I think Romo goes to Denver, Garoppolo goes to the Bears (they want him and Yee has connections to the Bears), and Cousins gets tagged. I think there's a small chance Jimmy goes to Cleveland and Romo gets Favre'd and goes to the Jets.

I still think anybody trading for those guys is dumb, but it's gonna happen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Whatever Dallas gets will be a major boon for them. Dallas and New England are going to get to set the trade value higher than the player's actual worth. If they deal them.

Speaking of Dallas, they just restructured their OL contracts. All in for 2017.
    No, they always do this. They structure contracts so they can move the bonus money around and spread it out over several years. These are just the first two that they're going to do. Expect more of this in the next week or so.

They have the ability to get to anywhere from $40-50 million under the cap.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think Buffalo and Miami are closer than people think.
    Agreed. Any team that is an All-Pro, franchise QB away from contending will be immediate contenders if they trade for Romo, which is why he still has value.

The Dolphins and Jaguars have worked out the deal for the trade of Julius Thomas and Brandon Albert. They have to deal them separate in 2 different trade deals. So the Jaguars dealt Thomas 1st and got a 7th round pick for him. Its expected once Albert is traded , they will ship a draft pick back lol. (Contract issues is why they were dealt in 2 different style trades)

The big question is if Thomas can rebound career wise. His numbers have fallen big time since leaving Denver. His old offensive coordinator from Denver is now leading the offense in Adam Gase.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Eagles are reportedly interested in moving Connor Barwin back to the Texans or to the Ravens. I guess LA Chargers have already shown interest.

Man ... having two LA teams sucks. I had to go back to add Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    You guys are going to be really surprised when Dallas gets draft pick(s) from another team for Romo. Yes, he's not Joe Montana, but there are a lot of QB starved teams who will overpay for Romo's services. Just watch
    Totally agree. And, even though he doesn't have the "pedigree" of a Montana in terms of Superbowl victories, Romo right now is every bit as good as Joe was when he joined the Chiefs. Its not like the 49ers traded Montana in 1984! It was old, rusty Montana that they traded who had more head knowledge than cartilage.

Honestly Romo will do well wherever he lands. But teams that already have their starting QB shouldn't trade for him unless they want to start a QB controversy. Looking at you, Chiefs, because I keep hearing they are interested.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Honestly Romo will do well wherever he lands. But teams that already have their starting QB shouldn't trade for him unless they want to start a QB controversy. Looking at you, Chiefs, because I keep hearing they are interested.
    Well ...

Chiefs and Romo have about the same level of playoff success!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Totally agree. And, even though he doesn't have the "pedigree" of a Montana in terms of Superbowl victories, Romo right now is every bit as good as Joe was when he joined the Chiefs. Its not like the 49ers traded Montana in 1984! It was old, rusty Montana that they traded who had more head knowledge than cartilage.

If the Chiefs had a better cap situation , maybe. But right now they are looking at trying to get money to sign Eric Berry to an extension as well as signing Poe if they can. In all , Reid has spoken of his support for Alex Smith the last few weeks.

The Pittsburgh Steelers, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the great Pittsburgh Penguins are the three major league sports teams and all wear the same colors. Do any other cities do this? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the great Pittsburgh Penguins are the three major league sports teams and all wear the same colors. Do any other cities do this? Why not?
    The only other one I can think of are the Knicks, Mets, Islanders.

They tried to do this with the Seahawks/Sounders/Mariners but M's fans don't overlap much with Seahawks/Sounders fans. Plus Allen owns the Seahawks and Sounders so neon lime it is.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-22-2017 at 10:39 AM.

The Chicago Bears are trying to shop Jay Cutler. But a release is more than likely since few teams may trade for Cutler due to his cap number.

The Buffalo Bills are leaning more towards keeping Tyrod Taylor and getting a coach to help with his issues (seeing the middle of the field , being consistent) because there are few options out there. Taylor is expected to be medically cleared from his surgery on his groin and its rumored both sides are working on his contract where he's due $27.5 million by March 11th.