Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I read the latest issue;
    1) are they trying to do a “frozen” take with the queen of fables and killer frost? Why does caitlin keep talking about freyja?
    2) who’s the dark haired guy that i thought was ryan choi? At least he’s not wearing his costume over his glasses anymore.
    I don't think it's that connected to Frozen. I mean other then Catilin and Elsa both not wanting the powers they have. Also the Queen of Fables, if I remember right, was able to convince Caitlin to make a wish by telling her about her own sister and how similar her story was to Caitlin. So Caitlin talks about it because the Queen convinced her that what happened to her sister in the end would happen to her. That scares Frost, so when she mentions Freya, if I recall right, it's talking about how she doesn't want to end up like her.

I'm lost in who you mean by the dark haired guy. Ryan does have dark hair, but so does the Ray's boyfriend or whatever they are. I'm also guessing he stopped wearing his glasses cause it's not easy to fight with glasses on lol. Trust me, glasses get in the way a lot. Maybe he has contacts that he puts in now?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I don't think it's that connected to Frozen. I mean other then Catilin and Elsa both not wanting the powers they have. Also the Queen of Fables, if I remember right, was able to convince Caitlin to make a wish by telling her about her own sister and how similar her story was to Caitlin. So Caitlin talks about it because the Queen convinced her that what happened to her sister in the end would happen to her. That scares Frost, so when she mentions Freya, if I recall right, it's talking about how she doesn't want to end up like her.

I'm lost in who you mean by the dark haired guy. Ryan does have dark hair, but so does the Ray's boyfriend or whatever they are. I'm also guessing he stopped wearing his glasses cause it's not easy to fight with glasses on lol. Trust me, glasses get in the way a lot. Maybe he has contacts that he puts in now?
    I kept seeing the atom and the dark haired guy in numerous panels together. I thought ray palmer had returned from the microverse, until they referred to as “ ryan” so now i’m wondering who the other guy is.
    Last edited by protege; 01-18-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A surprising new addition to JLA (spoiler): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...promethea-jla/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A surprising new addition to JLA (spoiler): https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...promethea-jla/
    As i said elsewhere, i don’t know who promethea is, but if azteka is joing as well, that sort of upsets the male/female ratio a bit. I’d suggest finding someone to replace black canary.

Default Justice League of America #25

Batman, Black Canary, Dreamslayer, Uatu ..err I mean... Adjudicator. Boring debate issue. Went on too long and Havok never became an interesting antagonist. Most interesting part was 1 panel of Blue Jay alive and not remembering Batman. Plus, this stretched on for extra anniversary pages of the same stuff - but never ended up being a preferable special one-shot. And, the next issue is restarting another arc with more of the same. Bringing in "Lady" Aztek is kind of neat even if it is in unheralded fashion.

And the nice cover actually spoils the story.
    25_medium.jpg

This book lacks character development, and if there is any, it's poorly done and only given to Killer Frost to talk about how sick she is or The Ray who keeps arguing at Batman and posturing , Lobo just repeats the same thing like it's a catchphrase and he an annoying toy, Ryan is just there to be a support for Killer Frost, Black Canary is there is to argue with Lobo, Vixen is there is to showcase her powers like a video game character on display at E3 ...and pretend like she's co-leading the team when she's really not; and Batman is here b/c he created the team otherwise there really is no purpose to him or any of them being on this team.

They have not connected as a team or rather it's really never shown that they have built relationships with each other, instead we just keep jumping into one crap disaster after another with no build up, and there is never an over arching plot thread that can be picked up later ...other than the constant reminder of how Killer Frost is sick and how she wants to get better.

This is a true waste of money, luckily I didn't need to spend money to read this.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I keep wanting this book to be like the X-Men when they went to Australia or Stormwatch when Ellis took over, a true strike team. To me, the team has the potential to a great book but the writer is not sure how to get them there.

You have the strong tactical mind/leadership of Batman, the versatility of Vixen, the brute strength and unkillable Lobo, the genius of the Atom, and the all most unlimited power of Killer Frost and the Ray and the fighting skill and sonic scream of Canary...all the making of an awesome team.

This book needs a co-writer.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-04-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This title was so dissapointing. I was looking foward to The Ray, Black Canary and Vixen finally being on a JL team again but this title is terrible. Everything Kurenai24 said was on point. Honestly they should've given this title to Priest along with JL.

Not to mention both Lobo and Killer Frost throws the connection between these characters off. They have to make everything focus on KF because they turned her into a hero so they have to develop that while ignoring everyone else. Lobo is just there to be annoying. Don't see nothing of worth in this character. Both should've never been used for this book.

Steve Orlando is just a meh filler writer imo. He was fine with Midnighter but everything else? Blegh.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 03-04-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I keep wanting this book to be like the X-Men when they went to Australia or Stormwatch when Ellis took over, a true strike team. To me, the team has the potential to a great book but the writer is not sure how to get them there.

You have the strong tactical mind/leadership of Batman, the versatility of Vixen, the brute strength and unkillable Lobo, the genius of the Atom, and the all most unlimited power of Killer Frost and the Ray and the fighting skill and sonic scream of Canary...all the making of an awesome team.

This book needs a co-writer.
    This book is already cancelled though.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This book is already cancelled though.

is it as of when?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    is it as of when?
    There's a number of shake ups going on, including the Superman books with Bendis taking over (Supergirl out of her own book, possibly into the Teen Titans series, Super Sons is apparently canceled, which is the most annoying of all, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    is it as of when?
    It was announced as cancelled when No Justice event was announced. Mostly likely the teams are being merge in some way. I expect a lot of these characters to go into limbo though.