Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This may be a broad generalization since I'm not reading every book, but it seems DC Rebirth books all have continuous arcs and once one arc ends another quickly begins; there doesn't seem to be any "filler" issues; for a team book this could mean a lack of down time in bonding/character relationships. So does anyone read Justice League, Titans, or Teen Titans? Can anyone tell me if there is actual relationship growth between members in those books or is it never focused on?
    A lot of Rebirth books have actually had a few "downtime" issues or even smaller arcs after big ones, while still progressing the general story and character developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Titans actually had a fill-in issue, but it's all so very focused on Wally West. The other Titans are background in comparison.
    Yeah I figured, I kind of stopped reading it ...waiting for the next arc.

And with the Titans team, they're all the bestest of best friends, so I'm not going to see them learning how to fight together, learning who to team up with to tag team a villain and which members abilities benefits their own, and just mild potential conflicts that erupts when someone doesn't know what line not to crossed which is what I like out of team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of Rebirth books have actually had a few "downtime" issues or even smaller arcs after big ones, while still progressing the general story and character developments.
    That's good to hear, at least to me that is.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Looks pretty. I can't wait to get my hands on issue 1 and smell the pages. That new book smell lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Happy Harbor? Mt. Justice !?

Guess I can't blame Canary for throwing the first punch, but that seems a little too hot-headed, even for Dinah. Especially if Killer Frost just wanted to talk with her.

I like that they're picking her up in Seattle, which I guess is probably the closest to a Green Arrow nod as we'll get .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Still gotta read Vixen's one shot, but I really enjoyed everything being teased so far. Can anyone explain who the extremists are for me? I understand they have to do with the multiverse?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Still gotta read Vixen's one shot, but I really enjoyed everything being teased so far. Can anyone explain who the extremists are for me? I understand they have to do with the multiverse?
    My understanding is that they're based on Marvel heroes, and that their leader is a Dr. Doom expy.

Extraordinary Member

So, wait....how does Batman even know of the Secret Sanctuary's existence if the League that used it as their headquarters never "existed"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, wait....how does Batman even know of the Secret Sanctuary's existence if the League that used it as their headquarters never "existed"?
    He says that it's his, so I guess it always belonged to him now, maybe it's something his family have always owned ...*shrugs* who knows, but Batman refers to it as his.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-06-2017 at 09:12 PM.

~~

~~

Extraordinary Member

He says that it's his, so I guess it always belonged to him now, maybe it's something his family have always owned ...*shrugs* who knows, but Batman refers to it as his.
    Jeez, I wish DC would just undo the reboot already. Just say that its the old JLA headquarters and you, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman Barry, Hal, and MM used to hang out there back in the day, Batman!!
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-06-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Spectacular Member

So with Lobo... when did he fight Deathstroke and appear in Stormwatch if he was trapped in Waller's basement? Wasn't there a Suicide Squad in New-52, so Lobo should have been locked up before Waller got Harley and crew? I'm just not sure of the timing of Lobo's appearances in New 52 compared to when Suicide Squad showed up in New 52.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    So with Lobo... when did he fight Deathstroke and appear in Stormwatch if he was trapped in Waller's basement? Wasn't there a Suicide Squad in New-52, so Lobo should have been locked up before Waller got Harley and crew? I'm just not sure of the timing of Lobo's appearances in New 52 compared to when Suicide Squad showed up in New 52.
    I think Lobo's appearance in Justice League vs Suicide Squad is supposed to be the first time we've seen the "real" Lobo post-Flashpoint. So while his other appearances in the New 52 happened, they happened to an (as yet unexplained) fake.

Uhm, was it ever mentioned what Mount Justice was before it became a base, was it always a cave (and was that cave naturally created i.e by nature), or was the Mountain dug into, I'm asking b/c with this preview there are already utilities in the cave so potentially Orlando could be reusing the same explanation?

~~

~~

Extraordinary Member

Uhm, was it ever mentioned what Mount Justice was before it became a base, was it always a cave (and was that cave naturally created i.e by nature), or was the Mountain dug into, I'm asking b/c with this preview there are already utilities in the cave so potentially Orlando could be reusing the same explanation?
    I think the original explanation in the old Silver Age comics was that Aquaman discovered the caves within Mt. Justice while exploring underwater grottos. So, they were naturally formed caves and the JLA just moved in in the aftermath of the Appelaxian invasion. It was only later that they moved into the Watchtower. So, if this is the same Mt. Justice/Secret Sanctuary, then DC would have to admit that the JLA that originally used the caves as their headquarters (the OG seven Silver Age Leaguers) actually existed.

Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-07-2017 at 12:25 AM.