Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Still gotta read Vixen's one shot, but I really enjoyed everything being teased so far. Can anyone explain who the extremists are for me? I understand they have to do with the multiverse?
    The Extremists are a group of characters based on Marvel villains. They come from Earth 8 also know as Angor. The Champions of Angor are called The Assemblers (one of my favorite parody names). Morrison showed an updated version of DC's Marvel U during his Multiversity.

The Extremists consist of:

Lord Havok the Dr. Doom of Earth 8
    Gorgon who is a parody of Doctor Octopus
    Dreamslayer a parody of Dormamu
    Tracer is a parody of Sabertooth
    Dr. Diehard is a parody of Magneto

Lord Havok from Multiversity:

Marvel has done some cool things with their DC doppelgängers over the years. I'm glad DC is bringing back Angor and The Extremists. We aren't going to be getting any crossovers any time soon so we may as well enjoy this.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-07-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Hmm, Can Killer Frost only take heat from living things?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I think the original explanation in the old Silver Age comics was that Aquaman discovered the caves within Mt. Justice while exploring underwater grottos. So, they were naturally formed caves and the JLA just moved in in the aftermath of the Appelaxian invasion. It was only later that they moved into the Watchtower. So, if this is the same Mt. Justice/Secret Sanctuary, then DC would have to admit that the JLA that originally used the caves as their headquarters (the OG seven Silver Age Leaguers) actually existed.

Thank you for explaining, if Batman is the only owner of this space, and there is no reference to a previous league than I guess either the Wayne family got into possession of it, or Batman got into possession of it.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Love the preview and we are already developing relationships between batman and KF (Killer frost not kid flash) and canary and KF. Mt justice is cool and i am really looking forward to this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    I think Lobo's appearance in Justice League vs Suicide Squad is supposed to be the first time we've seen the "real" Lobo post-Flashpoint. So while his other appearances in the New 52 happened, they happened to an (as yet unexplained) fake.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
    Glad I could help

The preview looks great. I hope we get at least a Green Arrow cameo. I'd have loved to see him and Martian Manhunter instead of Batman and Lobo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Thank you for explaining, if Batman is the only owner of this space, and there is no reference to a previous league than I guess either the Wayne family got into possession of it, or Batman got into possession of it.
    Well, what I'm hoping is that DC finally comes to their senses and says "guess what, folks! The Silver Age did in fact happen in DC continuity yet again" like what Meltzer did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The preview looks great. I hope we get at least a Green Arrow cameo. I'd have loved to see him and Martian Manhunter instead of Batman and Lobo.
    I'm good with Lobo on the team. But instead of Batman and Killer Frost, I would've preferred Black Lightning and Zatanna or Hawkgirl. Sort of like as a callback to the Brad Meltzer run on JLA. And of course some MM love (*cough* reestablish that he was a founding member and not Cyborg *cough*)

I'm fine with Batman on the team, I like the character, I don't really read any of the current batman books, and I'm not even gonna touch the Justice League book so this would be my only exposure to the character right now, that and I just don't care how many books he's in cause let me tell you quantity does not mean quality, plus I'm mostly reading this book for Vixen so if Batman's presence is the thing that will keep this book afloat he can stay on until another reboot happens for all I care; it would be cool though if each of the holy trinity formed their own justice league based off their image, maybe other well written Justice League books would help break up the school yard club house feel of the main Justice League book, so we could have some other heroes in that roster.

As for the other members of the JLA, I know why Lobo is on the team but I don't know why this is a character you would want on the team, I feel like there were other characters to choose from that were similar in what they represented, but with JLA spinning out of the Justice League vs Suicide Squad event it really shackled us to the character, same with Killer Frost, I know there are better villains turned heroes to choose from but that JL vs SS event along with her tv notoriety helped her snag a spot. I think I'm most confused by Black Canary being on the team b/c while I like her she's already in two books, at least with Batman we know he's here not only b/c he's popular but b/c business speaking his popularity shows in sales, so I really think Black Canary's spot could have been given to a fan favorite who hasn't been seen in Rebirth yet.

I guess the only good thing about this is that Orlando has hinted on twitter that the roster could grow and change.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-07-2017 at 03:44 PM.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I'm curious to see if any team expansion or shift in the roster will be somewhat dictated by presence in the Arrowverse as much as diversity or whatever Orlando wants?

Because I can definitely see him fitting in Mera, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Batwoman, and even Midnighter/Apollo if he can.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Extremists are a group of characters based on Marvel villains. They come from Earth 8 also know as Angor. The Champions of Angor are called The Assemblers (one of my favorite parody names). Morrison showed an updated version of DC's Marvel U during his Multiversity.

The Extremists consist of:

Lord Havok the Dr. Doom of Earth 8
    Gorgon who is a parody of Doctor Octopus
    Dreamslayer a parody of Dormamu
    Tracer is a parody of Sabertooth
    Dr. Diehard is a parody of Magneto

Lord Havok from Multiversity:

Marvel has done some cool things with their DC doppelgängers over the years. I'm glad DC is bringing back Angor and The Extremists. We aren't going to be getting any crossovers any time soon so we may as well enjoy this.
    Thanks so much for explaining all of this. Very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Thanks so much for explaining all of this. Very interesting
    No problem. I'm really looking forward to Batman vs (kinda) Dr. Doom.

Since most of us are hours away from getting our hands on this issue, I would like to suggest we all temper our excitement as this Rebirth #1 is most likely about the recruiting of the team members, members who we've known would be on this team for months now, so there probably is not going to be any meat to the issue, nothing to really discuss, but hopefully it'll satisfy our hunger for the real #1 that comes out in 2 weeks time.

~~

~~

BANNED

I hope Tieri's Extremists mini is acknowledged. It really did a lot to flesh out the characters and make them more than just parodies and it was the only good thing about Countdown.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 02-08-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Well I got my hands on an issue faster than I normally would, so I'm just gonna take my time to digest seeing Vixen in an ongoing before talking about this introductory issue.

~~

~~