Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I also couldn't help thinking the red gem in Lobo's iron cross necklace might still contain that Red Lantern Power Ring ...
    Red?......Pfft. He makes more sense going Yellow or Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I like Lobo,but don't know why he is here on a mortal earth based team,anybody have the answers,so I don't have to read the crossover?

Good issue btw,can't wait till next issue
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe Batman saves/helps him so Lobo gave Batman his word, and so now Batman is cashing it in essentially.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-08-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Lobo would work as an Outlaws member (especially if something happens to Bizarro).
    He might but I quite the Outlaws as they are. The dynamic between Jason and Bizarro is excellent not sure how Lobo would play against Red Hood.

Does the main League know about Batman forming this new Justice League? Did they condone or approve it? I hope Batman's other team doesn't feel slighted that he's going off on his own to form a more "relatable and diverse" Justice League potentially behind their backs...heck, I think some of them wouldn't take well to being referred to as "gods" compared to the League Batman is forming here.

So Seattle is now Black Canary's "city?" I was under the impression Dinah was a Gotham native, though I guess this means she's officially taken up roots in Seattle along with Green Arrow. Guess it's not any different from when she migrated to Star City back in the day.

I feel like Canary and Lobo's banter is going to be the highlight of the book going forward.

Nice to see Orlando teasing that there's more to Lobo then meets the eye, and that he's definitely smarter then he looks. He's going to be fun to have around on a team like this.

I imagine a big revelation for the team will be that Frost is still absorbing heat from people, just subtly and not as lethally as she used to. Though Batman is still under the impression she's kicked her addiction, when she hasn't really, so maybe a turning point will be if Frost is close to relapsing and being forced to choose between being a hero and a villain again?

Roxy Rocket getting busted by Vixen was cool. Always nice to see Roxy make an appearance in the comics .

I'm kind of surprised at Ray's garb, if that is Ray, in the flashforward to this year's stories, since it seems a little more fancy then I was expecting. I was thinking we'd be getting a classic savage Atom by the time the group and Ryan found him.
    Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    I enjoyed it very much. It was only an introductory issue, but we already have an idea of how the team dynamics work with everyone. Strange how Batman tells BC that he's making a team of mortals and then has her go after the guy who can regenerate seemingly fatal injuries.
    Or goes for Dinah, who's a Metahuman, rather then her boyfriend who's actually a baseline human .

Though I guess he probably trusts Black Canary more then he does Green Arrow at this point, and unlike most Metas she doesn't need to rely on her powers thanks to her martial arts skills.

Kinda feel like there's a deliberate nod to GA's role on the JLA as their "social conscience" in making Black Canary the "conscience" of this JLA.

Uhm, did anybody read Detective Comics #950 spoilers:
    some people are saying that there is some dialogue which kind of hints that Batman didn't form the JLA b/c of the reasons he says in the JLA book.
    end of spoilers

Are people projecting these two stories together, or is there a possible actual connection between them?

If someone could answer using the spoiler function so as not spoil people who haven't read the recent Detective Comics.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Overall, I really liked it. I think it's long overdue Black Canary and Vixen started playing bigger roles in the DCU. It's awesome seeing them acknowledged here.
    Ray and Ryan also have tons of potential and Frost as the team's "Rogue" is working well.
    I did hate Lobo's involvement. Feels like they're trying too hard to make him the group's Wolverine, but his presence is too overbearing, kind of ruined some otherwise good moments. I have no idea how a murderous alien fits Batman's idea of a team of humans capable of inspiring regular people. Just really forced in an otherwise very well done comic.

Batman Handpicks New Justice League.

This video has Orlando explaining a bit of the JLA.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or goes for Dinah, who's a Metahuman, rather then her boyfriend who's actually a baseline human .

Though I guess he probably trusts Black Canary more then he does Green Arrow at this point, and unlike most Metas she doesn't need to rely on her powers thanks to her martial arts skills.

Kinda feel like there's a deliberate nod to GA's role on the JLA as their "social conscience" in making Black Canary the "conscience" of this JLA.
    I mean, at least the word human is in the term "metahuman". Implies some sort of mortality. Batman had a front row seat when Lobo got his head 'sploded. Ain't nothing mortal about that.

As for Green Arrow, maybe Batman secretly likes being the only human on a team of super people. It turns him on or something.

Does anyone else think this should be titled The Outsiders?

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I think this version of the JLA does kind of function like the Outsiders did, as Batman's personal, diverse, Superhero team outside the Justice League.

Though I don't blame them for not calling them the Outsiders .

BANNED

Nice to see Orlando teasing that there's more to Lobo then meets the eye, and that he's definitely smarter then he looks. He's going to be fun to have around on a team like this.
    Like this, too. Implies some interesting character choices on the part of Lobo.

I imagine a big revelation for the team will be that Frost is still absorbing heat from people, just subtly and not as lethally as she used to. Though Batman is still under the impression she's kicked her addiction, when she hasn't really, so maybe a turning point will be if Frost is close to relapsing and being forced to choose between being a hero and a villain again?
    At the very least, a discussion of whether that actually makes her a bad person. For one thing, how much of an "addiction" is it if she needs it to function normally? Is it really POSSIBLE for her to live without taking heat from organic sources? And if so, then her taking heat from people without causing them major harm >IS< her controlling it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Yes.

Though I don't blame them for not calling them the Outsiders .
    Batman's presence alone would guarantee the book a couple years, but yeah, the JL branding will give it a longer lifespan...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Really enjoyed this issue. Orlando has become the "can't miss" guy at DC right now. I've loved everything his written recently.

As others have said, it's so awesome to finally get Vixen in a monthly comic. I also loved how badass Black Canary was here. Batman's reason for wanting her on the team is pretty much why the Trinity wanted her as the Justice League leader in pre-Flashpoint continuity. She doesn't take crap from anyone no matter what supposed reputation they have.

I liked how Orlando handled Lobo. He's still the wild man but he's definitely more centered than previous incarnations. I already love the back and forth between him and Dinah. With Lobo usually acting like a lunatic we often forget that he's pretty damn smart. there's the advanced alien intelligence and the guy has to be smart enough to build weapons of mass destruction. Loved the facial expressions he made when Batman got in his face. Reis gave him a great range of emotions. Batman obviously chose him for a reason. Even if he's trying to create a more human team, they're gonna need a powerhouse sooner or later. Especially if Bats knows that something bad is on the horizon.

As for the teaser, looks like Destiny of The Endless. Since the team is dealing with Earth 8/Angor/Marvel I'm guessing the shield belongs to a Captain America-like character. Or even Liberty Belle.

Always love seeing Roxy Rocket make an appearance!

Yes, I am also very surprised how the new set-up intrigued me.
    At first I thought it might be too weak, JL without the mainstays, ok Bats is there, but that is it.
    It is truly a fresh start and I hope the creative team can carry it and give us a rewarding reading experience, but if the first issue is an indication we might be in for a great ride.

BANNED

Orlando has said that Batman and Vixen are the leaders of sorts not Batman and Canary.