Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Does anyone else think this should be titled The Outsiders?
    No, but that's because I think the name and characters should be used elsewhere. I want Katana to do something parallel to what Batman originally did when he left the League and created the Outsiders: she should leave the Suicide Squal and create a new Outsiders as a covert superhero unit with no affiliations to any governments or organizations. Add Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger, Metamorpho, Grace etc and you'd have a killer team.

This book feels a lot more like a Justice League UNLIMITED, which I've said before. It's about moving the League away from its status as gods among men and opening the membership to new heroes and new ways of handling threats.
    "Unlimited" would get that point across a lot more than "America" does.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    No, but that's because I think the name and characters should be used elsewhere. I want Katana to do something parallel to what Batman originally did when he left the League and created the Outsiders: she should leave the Suicide Squal and create a new Outsiders as a covert superhero unit with no affiliations to any governments or organizations. Add Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger, Metamorpho, Grace etc and you'd have a killer team.

This book feels a lot more like a Justice League UNLIMITED, which I've said before. It's about moving the League away from its status as gods among men and opening the membership to new heroes and new ways of handling threats.
    "Unlimited" would get that point across a lot more than "America" does.
    Unlimited seems like a good goal, but you have to start somewhere. I did think of this as Batman's new Outsiders though to the point that I wish they had reintroduced Geo-force instead of bringing in Lobo. Gotta say I love your idea for a new Katana led Outsiders!

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

If Batman wants this league to be Humans why do we have Lobo on the team? That's the only part of this first issue that seemed really wrong to me. Katana or Black Lighting would have been perfect on this team. Maybe they're down the road some...

BANNED

Art was easily the highlight of the issue, but i'm very hyped about the 1st arc and the choice of villain is cool.

Enjoyed it, happy to see Vixen AND Canary in a book...next issue please. :0
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I thought the first issue was alright. A nice "gathering the team" sequence, round-robin style to give us a hint of the team dynamics and so it wasn't so repetitive with Batman recruiting them all. My biggest concern was Lobo, but it's nice that he's a bit more measured version of the Main Man. I was concerned that his presence would be a rehash of the Batman/Guy Gardner dynamic, but it seems they have more of an understanding and that (for now) Lobo is willing to go along with it. Interesting that Lobo chooses to stand up for Ryan. They'd certainly be an interesting bromance - "Rybo?"

The teases didn't really get me excited, but there's nothing wrong with them either. Is that Destiny in the Frost panel? And interesting that Ray Palmer's "modern savage" look is based on Assassin's Creed now rather than Conan. Nice nod to current trends. Are we to assume that nobody here has already been part of the JLA? (including Ray/Atom) I wish certain large parts of characters' old continuity still existed, even if they have to massage specific events. Having been on a JL team would be one of those that should remain.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Orlando has said that Batman and Vixen are the leaders of sorts not Batman and Canary.
    When was this said?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    When was this said?
    The exact word was orbit, it was an All Acess interview.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I genuinly enjoyed this issue. Orlando is becoming one of my favorite DC writers. I look forward to seeing what the future of JLA has in store for readers!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The exact word was orbit, it was an All Acess interview.
    Oh ok, I posted the video here, I guess I didn't put together that statement in the context of them being leaders.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-09-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

This is definitely the Justice League book I've been waiting for since pre-Flashpoint. I like a lot of the Big 7 characters but frankly the continued focus on them in the Justice League books is just overdone, played out, and exhausting to me. The best line-ups are the ones with secondary characters who aren't swallowed up by the icons. I don't think there was a single false note in this book and I love that there's actually some (shudder) depth/character development to Lobo. So far he, Ray, and Vixen are the high points for me, in a book where I couldn't find a low point.

Definitely looking forward to what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Uhm, did anybody read Detective Comics #950 spoilers:
    some people are saying that there is some dialogue which kind of hints that Batman didn't form the JLA b/c of the reasons he says in the JLA book.
    end of spoilers

Are people projecting these two stories together, or is there a possible actual connection between them?

If someone could answer using the spoiler function so as not spoil people who haven't read the recent Detective Comics.
    spoilers:
    Last of the three stories in Detective #950 is a flashback to months ago with Red Robin questioning Batman about why it seems like he's been slowing having members of the Bat family take up roles that cover the areas Batman normally covers solo. Red Robin rattles off each of the roles Nightwing, Red Hood, and Damian have taken up and then says "What's next? Your own Private Justice League?".

It probably has nothing to do with anything happeining in JLA. Imo it just seems like a teaser to the Batman event we have been hearing about for the summer, or just the third of the three Detective comics story lines this issue teased.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    spoilers:
    Last of the three stories in Detective #950 is a flashback to months ago with Red Robin questioning Batman about why it seems like he's been slowing having members of the Bat family take up roles that cover the areas Batman normally covers solo. Red Robin rattles off each of the roles Nightwing, Red Hood, and Damian have taken up and then says "What's next? Your own Private Justice League?".

It probably has nothing to do with anything happeining in JLA. Imo it just seems like a teaser to the Batman event we have been hearing about for the summer, or just the third of the three Detective comics story lines this issue teased.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seems like Tim made the right call ...
    end of spoilers

Yes as I was reading it.i was thinking the same thing.the only cons will be that VIXEN and BLACK CANARY aren't OUTSIDERS material.but I loved the book so far.but I was wondering are they planning on changing ''KILLER FROST'' name since she's not a ''KILLER'' anymore.the only thing that would make this book a lil better for me is to have ZATANNA and BLACK LIGHTNING on the team.other than thing FANTASTIC 1st issue.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Is Reis the ongoing artist on this title....I really hope so.