Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-POSITION: Dennis Hopeless Dives Into Cyclops & Jean Grey’s Psyches

The new X-Position is up.

Not bad. Like we've noted before, Hopeless seems more enthusiastic and forthcoming when it comes to the Jeen solo than with ANXM.

But there's nothing the writers can to do salvage the whole "Cylops is Hitler!" nonsense.

Hope sighting. Wow.

Nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The new X-Position is up.

Not bad. Like we've noted before, Hopeless seems more enthusiastic and forthcoming when it comes to the Jeen solo than with ANXM.

But there's nothing the writers can to do salvage the whole "Cylops is Hitler!" nonsense.
    Looks like he intends to keep running with his creator's pet AU Maddie, rather than the Maddie everyone WANTS to see.

Sweet! One of my questions got asked and for once, it was the most important. I wish Hopeless had gone into more detail, but since IvX isn't over yet, I didn't expect much. I'll definitely keep an eye on All-New X-men #19. It sounds like that'll be an epilogue of sorts before the team gets going on X-men Blue. I hope O5 Cyclops and O5 Jean take some time to talk about what happened with Emma, adult Cyclops, and how their future played out. Now they can both say they've ended up dead in the future and that gives them something to change. If nothing else, that should put them on the same page.

Really looking forward to Jean's solo series as well, but I'm not looking forward to Hope Summers again. I think it's very telling how quickly she disappeared after O5 Jean entered the picture. She became, by far, one of least likable characters in all of Marvel. She was such a dismissive, whiny little brat who abandoned everyone who did so much to save her the second she had the chance. Personally, I'd like to see O5 Jean punch her in the jaw before she leaves. But I know that's probably hoping for too much.

Still, this spring looks very promising. I'm glad Hopeless is getting more opportunities to write Jean Grey. After X-men Season One, he's proven that he can bring out the best in her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Hopeless says: "The world thinks of Cyclops as a villain because of what transpired with the Inhumans. That’s how we discussed it in the room when all of this was first being conceived."
    Sounds like Hopeless was either incapable of shifting or unwilling to adapt his story when Death of X changed things, so we end up with a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Sounds like Hopeless was either incapable of shifting or unwilling to adapt his story when Death of X changed things, so we end up with a mess.
    Or Soule and Lemire/editorial didn't let him in on the change of plans re: DoX. There's a long lead time on these books and changing direction doesn't happen quickly.

I'm actually very keen to see Hope again. It still irritates me that someone can be simultaneously a messiah and totally irrelevant. Regardless of my feelings of the character herself, it just seems a bit too sloppy to not continue that story on (in whatever minuscule way that is).

Naturally I'm not expecting this to be a Hope resurgence, I'll just be glad to check in on her, see what she's up to, maybe find out what happened to X-Force, these kinds of things.

I don't mind only being able to see Goblin Queen, partially because I dig the character, I think she's quite fun, but mainly because I'd already given up on seeing true Maddie again some time ago.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Finally the return of HOPE.

Been waiting for that about 2 years now.

My day is good, very good.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I don't like Hope, but I'm amused by the idea that she could have been running a version of X-Force than no one's heard about all this time because they're scarily competent.

BANNED

Loving that #2 cover!

I'm OK with the Goblin Queen instead of Maddie. This Jean doesn't have the history with Maddie that her adult self has. Her rivalry with the GQ can therefore be fresh if developed properly.

I'd rather see Maddie show up in the adult teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or Soule and Lemire/editorial didn't let him in on the change of plans re: DoX. There's a long lead time on these books and changing direction doesn't happen quickly.
    Which is why I'm not surprised that Hopeless circumvented the question as best he could. I don't doubt he knew of the plans for the X-books before his run started. But I don't know how much influence he had on those plans. Again, his name isn't on Death of X or IvX. From the looks of it, he didn't have much say in how Death of X played out. So I don't see why anyone should get upset with his response.

At this point, can we all agree that the setup with Death of X is exceedingly flawed? It can't be repaired at this point. It's just too late. I'd much rather focus more on what will happen after IvX is done. Hopefully, that will be less dire and divisive. I'm sure we'll all find something to argue about on this board. We always do. But the arguments about Death of X and "Cyclops is Hitler!" are just a dead end at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Which is why I'm not surprised that Hopeless circumvented the question as best he could. I don't doubt he knew of the plans for the X-books before his run started. But I don't know how much influence he had on those plans. Again, his name isn't on Death of X or IvX. From the looks of it, he didn't have much say in how Death of X played out. So I don't see why anyone should get upset with his response.

At this point, can we all agree that the setup with Death of X is exceedingly flawed? It can't be repaired at this point. It's just too late. I'd much rather focus more on what will happen after IvX is done. Hopefully, that will be less dire and divisive. I'm sure we'll all find something to argue about on this board. We always do. But the arguments about Death of X and "Cyclops is Hitler!" are just a dead end at this point.
    Hence I think a retcon is needed. Mass psychic manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hence I think a retcon is needed. Mass psychic manipulation.
    I say no retcon either. That could just make things even more messy. I'm okay with this being one of those plots that just gets cast, like Xavier having the hots for Jean Grey back in the O5 days. I really don't think there's a credible way to fix this, absent more time travel. And we already have enough of that in the current X-men comics.

I love that Jean Grey cover! I'm glad to see Hope again. Even Rachel looks great on it. And I'm taking nothing over Goblin Queen, considering how she was used on ANXM.

BANNED

They just need to say Inhumans won the PR war on panel. Move the goal posts from what-Cyclops-did to how-Cyclops-was-perceived. Soule and Hopeless have both basically said that online but it needs to actually be said in the comics.