View Poll Results: what do you think of the Weapon X Roster?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love It

10 33.33%
  • Hate It

2 6.67%
  • Indifferent

7 23.33%
  • Needs More Gambit/Deadpool

7 23.33%
  • [Insert Greg Land Comment Here]

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Weapon X Apppreciation Thread(Don't Call Us X-Force!)

WeaponX.jpg

Since there needs to be more discussion about this upcoming book and the threads for each of the cast member doesn't get that active

i decided to create a thread where we can all discuss the potential for this book and also discuss the book's cast members without necro bumping an appreciation thread that dies all too often

Weapon X Cast(2017)
    1.Old Man Logan
    2.Sabretooth
    3.Lady Deathstrike
    4.Domino
    5.Warpath

Needs More Gambit/Deadpool is excatly what I would answer
    Perfect option!

ah man, you know you'll never get people to not call it x-force, people couldn't even understand bunncanny wasn't an x-force team

i'm just mad hype to see warpath again, what he been doin all this time

i like to think he worked at a bar, but not even a special mutant super bar, just like a regular bar. or maybe a supermarket

I'm mainly excited for more Warpath and Domino. I could totally do without OML (they could at least give his Gold spot to someone else if he's going to be here) and we all know where allying themselves with Deathstrike and Sabretooth will get them, but I liked Bunn's take on inverted Sabretooth. I hope he keeps changing back.

I'm still very sad Marrow isn't in this line-up, thought. Come on, she would've been perfect. It's Weapon X!

I'd read it if Laura was on hit. But the way it is I couldn't care less.

If Deadpool was in this it'd be an automatic pull... as it is.. I'm still somewhat interested. I'll consider them X-Force because as far as I know they're not called Weapon X. They're just dealing with Weapon X.

its pretty much X force though lol.

Which is good. X force is alwasy the most consistently well done X line

im here for the stabbing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    its pretty much X force though lol.

Which is good. X force is alwasy the most consistently well done X line

im here for the stabbing
    which reminds me....isn't this team a little too focused on close combat? what if they had to go about against Soldiers With Uber Mech Suits firing lasers

just running straight at them slashing at the air is liable to result in getting their asses kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    which reminds me....isn't this team a little too focused on close combat? what if they had to go about against Soldiers With Uber Mech Suits firing lasers

just running straight at them slashing at the air is liable to result in getting their asses kicked
    stealth

healing factors

domino luck/sniping
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post

Domino uses guns, so she isn't close combat.
    Sunfire or Gambit would help. The powerset of this team is pretty limited, really similar to Kyost's X-force.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Why does OML have to be on 3 books?

Come on Marvel, don't make the same mistake you made with Wolverine, by placing him on multiple books.

So or replace this Gold membership with someone like Rogue, or Gambit, or Hellion

Or replace his spot on this team for Archangel, or Elixer, or Vanisher.

I will buy the book, thanks to Domino, Sabretooth and Warpath. Do not care for lady D though. So she can be replaced by Warbird, Lifeguard or Hapzibah.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

My most anticipated X-book. Im all in for the sheer violence I am hoping for in this title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why does OML have to be on 3 books?

Come on Marvel, don't make the same mistake you made with Wolverine, by placing him on multiple books.

So or replace this Gold membership with someone like Rogue, or Gambit, or Hellion
    I don't think that's a mistake. For new people - Wolverine is the X-man and X-men. He is popular.

Weapon X without him but with Archangel, or Elixer, or Vanisher will have 12 issues max.

Gold without him also would have weaker sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I don't think that's a mistake. For new people - Wolverine is the X-man and X-men. He is popular.

Weapon X without him but with Archangel, or Elixer, or Vanisher will have 12 issues max.

Gold without him also would have weaker sales.
    I'm not sure Gold would sell that much less without him. They could have used Laura as that team's Wolverine then.
    Or they could have given OML's role in Weapon X to Cable, who is also pretty popular. Add some other fan favorites like Gambit and/or Deadpool and the title would do just fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not sure Gold would sell that much less without him. They could have used Laura as that team's Wolverine then.
    Or they could have given OML's role in Weapon X to Cable, who is also pretty popular. Add some other fan favorites like Gambit and/or Deadpool and the title would do just fine.
    Cable was popular but he wasn't in the movies, he didn't had many new series. New readers didn't had many chances to read his stories. Especially because new readers always read Cyclops stories because he was really really important. He definitely is less popular than ten or 20 years ago.

Yes They could replace Wolverine with Wolverine.
    Add some other fan favorites like Gambit and/or Deadpool and the title would do just fine.
    Yeah... Too much Wolverine... We should replace him him with Deadpool who has even more books.

I'm not sure Gold would sell that much less without him.
    anad books:
    Extraordinary 1 - 134k
    Uncanny 1 -96k
    All New 1 - 85k

all new wolverine 1 -119k
    old man logan 1 - 104k

Wolverine = good sales (for first issue) after that quality rules