Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Scarlet witch is irredeemable. Reguardless of either if ahe was in control of her actions or not her response to depowering and killing a huge number of mutants, and sufferrd no consiqunces and showed no guilt or remorse for her actions and every interaction with the x-men since then she made the situation worse. She is a garbage person and should not be around them. She should have taken some responsibility and undergo some form of punishments or penance.

Wanda pretty much feels like her home is on avengers, that is why on the end of her solo she asks to be back on avengers team

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wanda pretty much feels like her home is on avengers, that is why on the end of her solo she asks to be back on avengers team
    The Avengers should not want her either because getting manipulated and betraying them is practically her signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    The Avengers should not want her either because getting manipulated and betraying them is practically her signature move.
    she grew up a lot on her solo. I don't think it will happen again

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bingo, Wanda is intricately connected to the Avengers in a way she is not the X-Men. She sees her world though that of the Avengers.

Progressively Marvel become more and more overzealous in disconnecting her from all things mutant related so such a moment could't even happen today.

Yes, for decades she was an Avenger, but she kept one foot in the world of Mutants where she started. Obviously the thing is Marvel used her to Decimate the mutant race then her redemption arc wasn't really collaborated on by both sides of the franchise so it was a mess.

But, that is water under the bridge.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

Even if she were still a mutant, I think she'd just be a weird fit with the X-Men. Some characters who've mostly appeared in team books are just synonymous with that team. Wanda just fits with the Avengers.

With the X-Men, she'd look as weird and out of place as Cyborg does with the Justice League. Being an X-Man worked for her brother, because Quicksilver's always had a chip on his shoulder that always kind of left him something of an odd man out. That narrative works with the X-Men.

And, as others pointed out, I really couldn't see the X-Men accepting her, given the history between them in recent years.

Fantastic Member

Edit: My bad. I got the comics and movie universes mixed up. Also confused with Northstar.

Haven't had my coffee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Bingo, Wanda is intricately connected to the Avengers in a way she is not the X-Men. She sees her world though that of the Avengers.
    Progressively Marvel become more and more overzealous in disconnecting her from all things mutant related so such a moment could't even happen today.
    Yes, for decades she was an Avenger, but she kept one foot in the world of Mutants where she started. Obviously the thing is Marvel used her to Decimate the mutant race then her redemption arc wasn't really collaborated on by both sides of the franchise so it was a mess.
    But, that is water under the bridge.
    Her only 'foot in the world of Mutants where she started' was being Magneto's daughter. Her former mutant status was barely touched on in the Avengers books for years pre-Decimation beyond a description of her mutant hex power that warped into chaos magick or whatever foolishness it was back then. All focus lay on her magic, her connection to Vision, and her near-constant insanity. Wanda didn't do a damn thing for mutants for decades before she almost murdered them all, and she certainly cared more about getting back on the Avengers after that than about atoning for the actions she was a part of whether totally complicit or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

There are a lot of interesting things Marvel could do if they had Wanda join one of the X teams.

X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants etc.

Avenger, Former Brotherhood member, rough childhood, family/parental drama, mental/personality problems. Wanda and Pietro would be right at home on the X-titles.

HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Her only 'foot in the world of Mutants where she started' was being Magneto's daughter.
    Well no this was way before that. Her family revel happened in 1983, but she was part of two iterations of the Brotherhood before that. The first one in issue four of the X-Men and the 1968 version. After she was part of another short lived one in the Darker then Scarlet arc. Yes, she was also dragged into other Mutant events like Genosha in the 90s in part due to her parentage and in part due to her being a mutant.

As time went on yes her tie to the mutant world became more and more about her for the moment defunct family. One can watch the evolution of that since her parentage was reveled in 1983 thru the 90s and on.

But, it didn't start off that way. Remember she started off as just a mutant allied to Magneto.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2017 at 07:59 AM.

BANNED

I just don't want Scarlet Witch to be on the X-Men for the simple fact that even if she was still a mutant at the end of the day she's an Avenger, as simple as that.
    This is also part of the reason I'm glad she and Pietro aren't related to Magneto anymore, seemed like a way just to tie more the X-Men simply because they're mutants.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I just don't want Scarlet Witch to be on the X-Men for the simple fact that even if she was still a mutant at the end of the day she's an Avenger, as simple as that.
    This is also part of the reason I'm glad she and Pietro aren't related to Magneto anymore, seemed like a way just to tie more the X-Men simply because they're mutants.
    And yet, the way TPTB at Marvel treat the Maximoff twins is rough. They are eXcluded from all recent Avengers shows (Assemble, Earth's Mightiest Heroes), they're not in any of the games (Disney Infinity, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite), they miss nearly all the recent big events (IvX, CW II only appearing in a tie-in for SW, Secret Wars, Time Runs Out, each of the 3 Avengers titles under Hickman, Original Sin, Fear Itself); although they did make it into AXIS and AvX, and finally their parental status keeps being changed. Altered during AXIS (November 2014), altered again for Uncanny Avengers vol 2 (June 2015), altered a 3rd time during Wanda's ANAD different title (2016). Pietro and Wanda have had 3 different moms in 2 almost 3 years now. Hahaha. I wager anything they'll get a new mom sometime this year as well.

The twins have both made it into the current Secret Empire event. Mostly due to Cap being on the Uncanny Avengers title recently (around Civil War II) and Quicksilver being on the UA team (at a different time) as well.

I feel TPTB having no idea what to do with the twins. Despite being main stay Avengers for decades and CB properties and IPs being more popular than ever, Wanda and Pietro are lucky to get any exposure. It's like Bendis and Brevoort got their way and didn't have a follow up plan/story to tell after.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Well no this was way before that. Her family revel happened in 1983, but she was part of two iterations of the Brotherhood before that. The first one in issue four of the X-Men and the 1968 version. After she was part of another short lived one in the Darker then Scarlet arc. Yes, she was also dragged into other Mutant events like Genosha in the 90s in part due to her parentage and in part due to her being a mutant.
    As time went on yes her tie to the mutant world became more and more about her for the moment defunct family. One can watch the evolution of that since her parentage was reveled in 1983 thru the 90s and on.
    But, it didn't start off that way. Remember she started off as just a mutant allied to Magneto.
    I know her history but the vast majority of it has nothing to do with her former mutant heritage. She may have started out as an Evil Mutant and may have been dragged into Magneto-related business a few times over decades but her biggest stories pre-Decimation are not related to mutants in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

They made her a big part of the last two animated shows and had her own all the X men in Evolution with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I know her history but the vast majority of it has nothing to do with her former mutant heritage. She may have started out as an Evil Mutant and may have been dragged into Magneto-related business a few times over decades but her biggest stories pre-Decimation are not related to mutants in any way.
    That is Marvel's argument for delinking her to all things mutant and the mutant side of her family, but it still doesn't change the film rights context and it was written that way in the 90s for a reason as she started a mutant and has been somewhat involved in mutant stuff over the years though not as Pietro.

The x-books always wanted to use Wanda much more then she was allowed by Avengers editoral. The Avengers editors never cared as much about Pietro so they often handed him over for years for use on the x-titles.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-29-2017 at 10:52 AM.