Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Indeed!

First off, I have to say how bummed I am that Power Man & Iron Fist is ending. I really feel like that book was an underappreciated treasure.

That said, I'm stoked that Walker will be continuing Luke's adventures and the art on this looks like it'll be sensational.

I fully agree about Power Man & Iron Fist, one of the top 5 from Marvel

As I'm sure others have said, the Power Man and Iron Fist book was essentially a Luke Cage book anyways, so no net loss here whatsoever. If this means we can once and for all stop calling Cage Power Man, all the better.

It'll be interesting to see how this book flows with Defenders, Jessica Jones, and the Crew. It sounds like he's going to be doing his own thing (which is good), but the editors will probably need to stay on top of it assuming anything big happens. We'll see how that turns out.

Indeed!

First off, I have to say how bummed I am that Power Man & Iron Fist is ending. I really feel like that book was an underappreciated treasure.

That said, I'm stoked that Walker will be continuing Luke's adventures and the art on this looks like it'll be sensational.
    I wish PM IF had this art lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

start creating new adversaries. national and international adversaries.
    Come to Detroit. Come to Gary, Ind. Come to Chicago.
    There should also be a space adventure. Asgard. Olympus.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-06-2017 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, I bet a lot more people would've hopped on that book if it had! PM & IF is really a very straight-forward, street level book that takes a pretty traditional approach to Luke and Danny's adventures. It's very much in line with the way Mary Jo Duffy wrote the book back in the day. But sadly I think the art made most fans leave it on the shelf.

Personally I really love the art on PM & IF - even though I have to admit it took some getting used to - but I totally understand why it's a turn off to many people.

BANNED

Greg Land Should have done the art For PM&IF Then People would have totally picked that up

Spectacular Member marcotheblerd's Avatar

I like the artist that they have on this series. I really think the Sanford Green's artwork in PMIF turned alot of people off, which was a shame because the writing was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    start creating new adversaries. national and international adversaries.
    Come to Detroit. Come to Gary, Ind. Come to Chicago.
    There should also be a space adventure. Asgard. Olympus.
    Walker said in the interview that he is creating a new villain just for Luke Cage, and the first arc of the story takes place in New Orleans, which has parts where there is still after effects of Katrina.

BANNED

Well, I bet a lot more people would've hopped on that book if it had! PM & IF is really a very straight-forward, street level book that takes a pretty traditional approach to Luke and Danny's adventures. It's very much in line with the way Mary Jo Duffy wrote the book back in the day. But sadly I think the art made most fans leave it on the shelf.

Personally I really love the art on PM & IF - even though I have to admit it took some getting used to - but I totally understand why it's a turn off to many people.

I don't because I'd take Greene over same old **** Jim Lee or in this case Nelson who's art tends to look like a yawn on paper

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Nice. I won't pick it up at first, but probably will give it a try if I hear good things about it.

Yeah tbh that's exactly why I didn't get into the book. I heard only good things about it, always wanted to read more about IF and Cage, and even have a friend who is a huge Luke Cage fan and he talked all but good things about the book. But sadly I just can't stand that art. :/ Whenever I don't like the art it really gets in the way of my enjoyment of a book, regardless of how well it's written. With the art change I can surely get into at least this book heh.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Though I can't say I loved the art, I do think it suited the tone and writing of the book. It wasn't gorgeous per say But it worked well enough.

Mighty Member

Well, look at Marvel making me eat crow. I was JUST saying how they wouldn't give him a book.

I hope it isn't like the show (wasn't a fine of his series...at least the second half of it.)but heres to hoping it sells well.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Thank crap PF&IF is over.

I may give this solo a read.

A bit of a bummer for me cuz I loved PM&IF but it was mainly a Luke Cage book anyway so I'm glad Walker still gets to write the character.
    Will probably pick up the trade for this.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I don't because I'd take Greene over same old **** Jim Lee or in this case Nelson who's art tends to look like a yawn on paper
    Put Greene on a book like Deadpool and see how many complaints you'll get. Folks said the same thing about Greg Land yet he sold on certain books, while the excuses got made when Mighty Avengers showed up.

If you are a bad artist-you are a bad one and if you turn off folks on one book-it should apply to all the book you do.

Sweet Christmas!!