Default The Ghostbusters at Hogwarts!

(for this match, we're using the film versions of the Harry Potter universe, and the film/game/IDW versions of the 1984 Ghostbusters)

Due to being the Muggles' top experts in the supernatural, the Ghostbusters get an invitation by Dumbledore as part of his new cultural exchange program. This friendly trip coincides with Harry Potter's first year. The Ghostbusters have an open invitation throughout all the films.

Egon gets a fellowship to conduct research on the history and "mechanics" of magic. Ray will work on an extensive collaborative engineering project merging magic and technology. Winston will get to study mysticism of ancient Egyptian culture. Peter is tagging along because he told Dumbledore that he was their "manager." They have no prior knowledge of this world (otherwise, what's the point of an exchange?) but both Dumbledore and the Ghostbusters have good intentions for this visit. The Ghostbusters have brought over all their equipment and are eager to get to work.

However, everything else in the movies remains the same -- the looming schemes of Voldemort, the threats of the Death Eaters, the destiny of Harry Potter himself. How do their respective worlds change? How do the boys fare? Which HP characters do they get along with the best? Or the least? Can they lend a hand whenever shit hits the fan at Hogwarts? And more open ended questions!

I see this ending very badly for Moaning Myrtle and Nearly Headless Nick.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Astonishing Member

Well, if the the GBs can handle the proton guns efficiently, that charge of the bad guys towards Hoggy would not go well for them. Always wondered why the good guys didn't port in and magic to make them work - a few 1000 assault rifles.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I see this ending very badly for Moaning Myrtle and Nearly Headless Nick.
    Eh, those two are probably fine - they're not particularly threatening or annoying. The Bloody Baron and Peeves, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Well, if the the GBs can handle the proton guns efficiently, that charge of the bad guys towards Hoggy would not go well for them. Always wondered why the good guys didn't port in and magic to make them work - a few 1000 assault rifles.
    Hilariously, Hagrid is probably the Hogwarts staff most familiar with the concept of guns. He bends them.

Well the charms in place that make technology crap out the moment it enters into the schools vicinity would need to be removed in order for this to work.

Headless Nick would probably be fine due to him being a chill and friendly ghost. Peeves would be royally screwed though.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

Once the young wizards discover Iphones and the Internet, the tech ban will be removed as their parents bow before the concentrated whining of the kids.

Sitting in some old fart Victorian world isn't going to cut it. The muggle origin students will lead the charge - for their phones.

Once the young wizards discover Iphones and the Internet, the tech ban will be removed as their parents bow before the concentrated whining of the kids.

Sitting in some old fart Victorian world isn't going to cut it. The muggle origin students will lead the charge - for their phones.
    Iphones didn't exist in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Iphones didn't exist in 1984.
    To clarify, the Ghostbusters are forwarded in time to Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts. I just meant that the original incarnation of the Ghostbusters were here. Not that they had iphones back then either, though.

If we're going by the books (since years weren't really said in the movies, unless I'm wrong), that puts them in 1991-92, which coincidentally puts them in the same rough time frame as the video game.

But, in fairness, I did mention the comic Ghostbusters, and their world is supposed to be in canon, but they're a little loose on timing since they have modern technology along with their 80s and video game tech.

I might have to rethink the timing here.

BANNED

Egon Spengler.

With hybrid magi-tech.

This is going to go about as well as giving Rodney McKay a planet full of ZPM's.

It shall end with...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    To clarify, the Ghostbusters are forwarded in time to Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts. I just meant that the original incarnation of the Ghostbusters were here. Not that they had iphones back then either, though.

If we're going by the books (since years weren't really said in the movies, unless I'm wrong), that puts them in 1991-92, which coincidentally puts them in the same rough time frame as the video game.

But, in fairness, I did mention the comic Ghostbusters, and their world is supposed to be in canon, but they're a little loose on timing since they have modern technology along with their 80s and video game tech.

I might have to rethink the timing here.
    First Harry Potter took place on July 31st, 1980.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    First Harry Potter took place on July 31st, 1980.
    From what I've seen, that's his date of birth, not when the first year is set.

Birthday, according to Pottermore: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/1980

First year at Hogwarts, as told in Chapter 7 of the Philosopher's Stone: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/1991
    Last edited by Cyke; 02-17-2017 at 09:17 AM.