Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I really don't care about anyone besides Wally (legit only reason I'm reading) so I'm hoping the story is good this time, otherwise I will drop it. And I hope Wally still keeps getting a good amount of focus, this is the only place I can read about him ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    Great preview. DC Editor Alex Antone has said to expect an announcement regarding Titans and Teen Titans. Rumour has it Titans is going to twice-monthly. I certainly hope so.
    It's Judas Contract announcement. Why are they involving Damian's team into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    It's Judas Contract announcement. Why are they involving Damian's team into it?
    Maybe they want to see the two Titans teams interacting? Maybe Starfire was involved in the new Judas Contract and they want to re-establish her ties and membership to the original Titans?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they want to see the two Titans teams interacting? Maybe Starfire was involved in the new Judas Contract and they want to re-establish her ties and membership to the original Titans?
    I'm hoping not just Starfire, but at least Raven and Beast Boy too. I mean, one of the central plot threads of Judas Contract was Beast Boy and Terra's relationship and how her betrayal hit him hard. He even tried to kill Slade at one point after that story was originally told. It wouldn't be the same story if he wasn't a member at the time.

And it also makes me really mad that Cyborg is still not going to be a part of this. Honestly, this whole thing just seems like a huge slap in the face to Wolfman and Perez. Trying to retell a story that they already told. I think I'm probably gonna skip it.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Preview is good and both covers are great, can't wait for the arc as it seems more team orientated. At first i was shocked Mal removed his power but either A:Meta solutions are shady and it is temporary or B: If writers want to use him he can just use his Guardian alias instead of Herald.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Preview is good and both covers are great, can't wait for the arc as it seems more team orientated. At first i was shocked Mal removed his power but either A:Meta solutions are shady and it is temporary or B: If writers want to use him he can just use his Guardian alias instead of Herald.
    I'm gonna go with C: Both.
    Meta Solutions makes my Spider-Sense tingle.

If they can take powers away... maybe they can give powers...
    What if they're transferring powers under the pretense that they're curing people?

I see the possibilities for a new Amazo, New Olympians, Cadre or Hybrid...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Didn't solicits imply Meta Solutions is related to HIVE?

This book is everything I want from a Titans book. Well done DC.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Super good. I'm thrilled Abnett didn't feel the need to arbitrarily decide which of the six members of the Fearsome Five had to go so that there were only Five of them. And I'm really stoked that they got colorful fashionista updates.

The Mal and Karen story beats are pretty delightful. I mean we might see where a lot of that is going, trope-wise, but it has a really X-Men feel, which is pretty great. There's always been a lot of overlap between your Teen Titans and your X-Men and those sorts of stories work well in both worlds. Dick and Wally felt like classic Dick and Wally here, Donna and Roy continue to circle around one another, but I was most pleasantly surprised by Garth and Lilith interacting. Funny, endearing, seriously I'm not sure Garth has ever been depicted better than in Abnett's rebirthed Titans stories. A nice, holistic Tempest depiction with a great look, that culls from everything from the Sixties Aqualad stuff to the Young Justice depiction ... yep. Dig.

More please.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Really good issue!
    Weird how quick they got to Malcolm at the end. I guess is good to have a speedster in the team.

Pretty good issue. Far better than the first arc already. Love seeing the Titans going up against their old enemies HIVE and the Fearsome Five.

I really like how Bumblebee's wings are energy constructs now. she doesn't have to walk around with big insect wings all the time. Plus it works with her being able to shoot energy blasts from her hands. It sinks up her powers.

Amazing Member

It was a pretty good issue overall. I really loved everyone's interactions. I just hope we'll get more diversity in future issues. There's been a lot of focus on Donna and Roy, and perhaps Dick and Wally, but I really want to see Donna interact with Dick and Wally too. Garth and Lilith were a nice surprise though, their scene was fun and sweet. I also particularly liked Mal and Karen's storyline, especially the fact that he isn't putting any pressure on her to get rid of her powers. It's her choice and he respects it and supports her 100%. It's sweet.

Brett Booth's art though... The first arc was mostly costumed heroes and action scenes, so it was tolerable. But this issue was all downtime and character development, which just highlighted all of his weaknesses. He can't draw a decent face, everyone looks the same with maybe a different haircut and skin colour. In an issue focusing on the characters instead of the action, the art is supposed to translate emotions into the page. Here all I felt was boredom. It's like asking Michael Bay to direct an adaptation of Of Mice and Men.

This issue was much better already. It actually felt like a team book and made me decide to continue at least for this arc. I hope Bumblebee joins the team soon.
    The art still bothers me a lot. The training uniforms were so basic. Made me wonder why they don't just train using their regular costumes. Oh well, anything is better than more pages featuring Omen's new look LOL.

It was okay pretty good issue at least spreading the focus on others no longer just about Wally but there was things that bugged me in issue was training session between Garth and Lilith that punch shouldn't made him finch in Titans Hunt Garth tanked hits from Donna and Mammoth not mention gun shots due Atlantean durability so unless Lilith got major boast in strength she should not even affect Garth with that punch, the good thing about this issue was Bumblebee hope member of the team and Mal has not lost his powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    It was a pretty good issue overall. I really loved everyone's interactions. I just hope we'll get more diversity in future issues. There's been a lot of focus on Donna and Roy, and perhaps Dick and Wally, but I really want to see Donna interact with Dick and Wally too. Garth and Lilith were a nice surprise though, their scene was fun and sweet. I also particularly liked Mal and Karen's storyline, especially the fact that he isn't putting any pressure on her to get rid of her powers. It's her choice and he respects it and supports her 100%. It's sweet.

Brett Booth's art though... The first arc was mostly costumed heroes and action scenes, so it was tolerable. But this issue was all downtime and character development, which just highlighted all of his weaknesses. He can't draw a decent face, everyone looks the same with maybe a different haircut and skin colour. In an issue focusing on the characters instead of the action, the art is supposed to translate emotions into the page. Here all I felt was boredom. It's like asking Michael Bay to direct an adaptation of Of Mice and Men.

Of Mice and Mountain Dew

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    It was okay pretty good issue at least spreading the focus on others no longer just about Wally but there was things that bugged me in issue was training session between Garth and Lilith that punch shouldn't made him finch in Titans Hunt Garth tanked hits from Donna and Mammoth not mention gun shots due Atlantean durability so unless Lilith got major boast in strength she should not even affect Garth with that punch, the good thing about this issue was Bumblebee hope member of the team and Mal has not lost his powers.

Maybe she can telepathically MAKE YOU THINK she hit you harder than she really did