Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So everything concludes. Ashi developing his powers and immediately using the time portal was sudden, although I liked the 'oh ****' reaction on Aku's face.

I kind of saw the bittersweet ending coming, but I still feel like they pulled a Gurren Lagann on us.

BANNED

No words, but just thank you. I'm glad this series is finally over. Bittersweet ending, but it was worth it.

Great series as a whole and spectacular 5th season. Loved the call backs and returns of several characters spoilers:
    The Scotsman reuniting with Jack and immediately trying to hook him up with his daughters was especially awesome
    end of spoilers

Bittersweet but I think we all knew it would be.

I kind of saw the bittersweet ending coming, but I still feel like they pulled a Gurren Lagann on us.
    lol I said the exact same thing to a person I was watching with. Least Jack didn't become a wandering hobo.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I didn't particularly care for it after the halfway mark. A lot of the season was about Jack letting go of the past and accepting that yes, he failed to travel back in time to prevent EVERYTHING from getting like this but that doesn't mean he can't fix things in the now and help make a better future going forward. Then Ashi just sends him back and kind of breaks everything Flash season 1 finale style.

If Aku is dead in the past, then how does everything in the future that facilitates Jack's return to the past happen if Aku's dead and he never broke the world? Is it a Dragon Ball thing where history splits into two time lines when a big enough paradox is introduced? In that case, Jack still has one version of the future left behind where Aku's about to murder all of his allies and continue ruling 100% unopposed by anyone.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I do think the first half was stronger than the second but man did I ever have the biggest grin any time I was watching this. A proper continuation keeping the balance of dark and comedic tone, silent tension, the use of color in action its what I could ask for and more. I can't wait for next Saturday to watch it all in one sitting.

I'm just spitballing here but maybe Jack's immunity to time negates the effects of time paradoxes he is involved with and maybe that's why Ashi stayed as long as she did instead of disappearing immediately.

Ultimate Member

I was kinda disappointed we never saw the now good future that Jack helped bring about. Good end overall, mind, but still.

Astonishing Member

It worked for me. Sure, you can say they should have done XY or Z but it ended on a good tight note.

I think it hit all the right notes. Lots of cameos at the end with the battle against Aku, especially loved seeing Jack and the Scotsman together, and I also loved everything about Jack and Ashi, and Jack returning to his time made me smile. There were consequences of course, so it wasn't 100% happy, which it shouldn't have been.

I'm going to (attempt) to watch it all in one marathon, and overall I was really pleased by season five. I feel like my two biggest disappointments were never meeting the assassins deadlier than Scaramouche and the Guardian being killed off-screen and not knowing what that future Jack prophecy was about.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the time travel of the ending and as a whole leaves a lot of questions to wonder about.

Is Jack still ageless for example?

Does this mean there's now a timeline where the younger Jack was thrown into the future only to find a peaceful world since his future alternate self killed Aku?

I thought the whole season was simple brilliant. From the script to the voice acting to the design to the animation. It was Breaking Bad season 5 good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

Felt the ending work since a bittersweet ending is the only type of ending that works for Samurai Jack.