BANNED

Default Superman Returns, the videogame: What went wrong

This is about the video game, not the movie.

It's well worth reading if you're interested in the troubled production of the game, and the hurdles game developers face when making Superman games.

We would send renderings of Superman, and we would get images back from Warner Bros. with his crotch area circled, 'Make this part bigger; make this part smaller.' This went on for months.
    http://www.polygon.com/features/2017...hat-went-wrong

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Well, that was enlightening. I wonder if the same thing lead to the cancellation of that other, unreleased Superman game for X360/PS3, and the rumored new Superman game.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

iMan 42s

Thinking back on when I played this it reminded me of DCUO.

I genuinely believe a good Superman game can be made. Worrying about civilians is difficult in areas of mass damage but that comes with the territory, and multiplayer is totally doable in a Superman game given the right amount of creative freedom. Probably the worst thing about this game was that it had to be tied to Superman returns of all things since it's a much more introspective movie than Man of Steel. You just aren't going to get that much creative scenarios out of this than other Superman stories.

I did think playing as Bizzaro was really fun
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Dunno about multiplayer, but I hear you. And given what was said in the article, pretty much most of the problems with the game came from the WB offices, and the need to make the game as closely related to the movie as possible.

I do believe a great Superman game can be made, too. Actually there's a thread somewhere around here dealing with the subject.