Mighty Member

Default Do you think DC could make successful feature animated films?

The dceu may not be looking good but if theyou were to try animated films similar to Disney and Pixar do you think they could manage to be nearly as successful as those other companies?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    The dceu may not be looking good but if theyou were to try animated films similar to Disney and Pixar do you think they could manage to be nearly as successful as those other companies?
    To be as successful as Disney and Pixar, they would need to expand the target audience.
    And their current audience wouldn't like that. At all.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Didn't DC just release an animated movie that has like a 97% on RT?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'll admit I generally adore D.C. Animation, and would love more of it. But, while I acknowledge the lack of coherent plot in Suicide Squad and the fact that there were a few scenes in all three movies that could've been done better, I love the DCEU, and I know it's controversial but I think BvS was an absolute masterpiece when you look at the ultimate edition, so I want that tone to continue as well
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

You need to be more specific. What kind of animated films? Films ultra cartoony like Finding Dory or CGI films like Toy Story? Because there have been lots of DC animated films made over the years in the style of the
    TV animated shows. And there is the Lego Batman movie coming out in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You need to be more specific. What kind of animated films? Films ultra cartoony like Finding Dory or CGI films like Toy Story? Because there have been lots of DC animated films made over the years in the style of the
    TV animated shows. And there is the Lego Batman movie coming out in a few days.
    I've said before they should start doing some CGI "family" films. Some characters would really lend themselves to it, like Plastic Man or Metal Men.

The dceu may not be looking good
    Posts like this make me feel grateful for the user blocking tool.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    I've said before they should start doing some CGI "family" films. Some characters would really lend themselves to it, like Plastic Man or Metal Men.
    Those are great shouts. And characters that wouldn't necessarily be "missed" by most in a live-action lineup. Not that I wouldn't love seeing PM shapeshifting among real objects.

I don't see why not.

They've already had multiple successes in the direct-to-DVD movie market, and the films for Batman: The Animated Series are well-regarded .

Gotham Academy would be a great choice for an animated film for theaters.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

You mean CGI films? That could work, pretty much any character would look good in a Arkham style animated universe. Plus, I always like their animations, mostly because one can do more than with live action.

Or if you're talking about more family friendly films... I don't see why not. No portrayal is a waste unless it's really bad, and most DC characters can do family without losing their core.

Gotham Academy would be a great choice for an animated film for theaters.
    I think a cartoon would be good too.