Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Default I Wish Marvel Would Return to Normal

Thor's dead and there's some construction worker being Thor? Hulk is smart and wears shirts and he's a jerk? Marvel's going to kill Mr Fantastic? What is this? When did Gambit get so hot? Wasn't he created like two months ago? Dane Whitman is evil? Legacy virus and Acolytes? Why is Marvel bringing back Adam Warlock when they could be bringing back Mar-Vell? What possible good could they get out of Adam Warlock? At least they aren't replacing Captain America again this month.

Why can't they just be normal!

Thirty years earlier than that...

There's a NEW Human Torch? WTF, Marvel! Superheroes don't sell any more. Get with it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Thor's dead and there's some construction worker being Thor? Hulk is smart and wears shirts and he's a jerk? Marvel's going to kill Mr Fantastic? What is this? When did Gambit get so hot? Wasn't he created like two months ago? Dane Whitman is evil? Legacy virus and Acolytes? Why is Marvel bringing back Adam Warlock when they could be bringing back Mar-Vell? What possible good could they get out of Adam Warlock? At least they aren't replacing Captain America again this month.

Why can't they just be normal!

Thirty years earlier than that...

There's a NEW Human Torch? WTF, Marvel! Superheroes don't sell any more. Get with it.
    Wouldn't mar-vell being brought back from the dead after 30 or so years of being dead negate and complicate marvel's push for Carol Danvers as captain marvel?

Also I don't know if you're trolling because half of what you stated in your post isn't even what is happening.

Sorry if I took you seriously and if you're just telling I can't tell when someone is being serious or sarcastic lol.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 02-07-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Fantastic Member

I chuckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Wouldn't mar-vell being brought back from the dead after 30 or so years of being dead negate and complicate marvel's push for Carol Danvers as captain marvel?
    I think the thing keeping him dead is the fact that he died of cancer and nobody wants to bring him back permanently after that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I'll personally never accept a Human Torch that isn't Jim Hammond and what is worse they are giving the new version a spotlight in Strange Tales. Not to mention they are totally ruining Namor's character, sure he started as a villain but he was nothing like he is in Fantastic Four now and speech sounds nothing like this Stan Lee guy writes him. Notice how the Fantastic Four have a monster on their team? This is to get monster fans to buy the book, they are totally shoving them down our throat while sidelining the actual monsters.

I don't know about you but I'm buying less and less Atlas books and more National Periodical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Also I don't know if you're trolling because half of what you stated in your post isn't even what is happening.
    He's listing significant changes Marvel's made to their books and characters in the past to mirror the outrage threads that keep popping up over Marvel making changes to their current IP. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to list all the ways in which it's not the saaaaaame.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I don't know about you but I'm buying less and less Atlas books and more National Periodical.
    *rofl*
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-07-2017 at 10:46 PM.

This reminds me that I miss Dane and Adam Warlock...

What is Marvel normal?

Post-9/11 we can't have the squeeky clean anymore. We can't have apple pie and baseball either. What happened with 9/11 changed the certainty and trust for the super heroes to such an extent that Marvel is trying to figure out the best representation of confusion our political and cultural world is today.

Normal?

That is Cap Hydra, Unworthy Thor, a dead Hulk, and Spiderman who is a corporate lacky to big business. America today is in confusion as to what it wants to represent its MYTHOS, because it hasn't quite settled on what to do, but instead, swapped Freedom for Security, as an ongoing chorus. So we get these infiltration stories, and outside Invasions looming, and threats to start killing all the super heroes one by one. Oh, and predictive justice, because thats not going away anywhere soon.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-08-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Yeah I hate they replaced Ironman with some black guy called Rhodey. How lame, that guy will never last. Or how they replaced Captain America with a guy called John Walker and Steve goes by the name nomad now. When will it be Captain America again?? Marvel needs to stop appealing to social justice warriors and focus on good stories!!!
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 02-08-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I waited 5 years for them to bring back the X-Men and instead they have Cyclops leading a team of nobody characters. Where are the real X-Men? Iceman? Angel? Beast? Without their star power and fan appeal, this new version will never catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I waited 5 years for them to bring back the X-Men and instead they have Cyclops leading a team of nobody characters. Where are the real X-Men? Iceman? Angel? Beast? Without their star power and fan appeal, this new version will never catch on.
    Yeah! These international folks are serious duds. This black chick has white hair and acts all assertive and this midget has knives in his hands. Way to scrape that barrel clean, Marvel. This'll last 8 issues tops. Mark my words!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't know, I think this Thunderbird character has potential as the sort of anti-leader jerk with a secret heart of gold. I think it could set up some fun conflicts with Scott.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

uncannyad.jpg

What the hell is this Marvel? Why are you trying to alienate the older readers who got you where you are today? Stick to your base and stop chasing after a new audience!

Honestly, I don't even recognize these characters anymore!

I find myself enjoying Gold Key comics these days much more than what passes for Marvel.

I see you forgot to list Teen Tony Stark, which was definitely the highlight of the entire history of the Iron Man series. Replacing the main character with a kid after a totally satisfying event works great.

At least we finally learned that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's parents are the Whizzer and Miss America.
    At least they have easy to follow continuity