Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rank in Strength

This is only how strong each character is.

Captain America
    US Agent
    Batman
    Spider-Man
    Colossus
    The Thing
    Luke Cage
    She Hulk
    Savage Dragon
    Black Bolt
    Wolverine
    Beast
    Namor
    Captain Britain
    Aquaman

Mighty Member

Wolverine
    Batman
    Captain America
    US Agent
    Beast
    Spider-Man
    Luke Cage
    Savage Dragon
    She Hulk
    Aquaman
    Colossus
    The Thing
    Black Bolt
    Captain Britain
    Namor

Something roughly like that, though I am not sure where Aquaman, Savage Dragon, and Black Bolt slot.

My list would look roughly like:

Wolverine ~ Captain America ~ Batman (CBPH)
    Beast (Class 1 to Class 5-ish max)
    US Agent (Class 10 - that was the standard Power Broker package)
    Spider-Man (Class 15-20ish)
    Luke Cage ~ Aquaman ~ Savage Dragon ~ Black Bolt (All about Class 50)
    The Thing (Class 80)
    She Hulk (probably marginally above Ben)
    Colossus (possibly marginally above Shulkie)
    Captain Britain (Class 90)
    Namor (Class 100... barely on land, thoroughly in water)

I'd expect some arguments on the Class 50 crew (e.g. Black Bolt may be slightly above, Cage slightly below) and the Ben/Jen/Piotr thing, but the rest should be right.

Beast was able to lift .5 to 1 ton back in the original XMen series. After mutating all the different times, he is most likely Cl 7-10.

Luke Cage started out at about 3 tons and now is in CL25 ton range.

Thing was able to lift 85 tons back in the 1980's, so at least CL85, if not higher by now.

Black Bolt was always listed as CL 60 max

She-Hulk is at the Cl 100 mark, I believe, after losing much of her added bulk and mega-strength.

Colossus, who started at 70 tons as a teenager, is reportedly CL 100 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Beast was able to lift .5 to 1 ton back in the original XMen series. After mutating all the different times, he is most likely Cl 7-10.

Luke Cage started out at about 3 tons and now is in CL25 ton range.

Thing was able to lift 85 tons back in the 1980's, so at least CL85, if not higher by now.

Black Bolt was always listed as CL 60 max

She-Hulk is at the Cl 100 mark, I believe, after losing much of her added bulk and mega-strength.

Colossus, who started at 70 tons as a teenager, is reportedly CL 100 now.
    No matter what Marvel say, as soon as you get above Class 10, Class does not equal numbers of tons.

Class 50s are probably well into the 80-100 tons range, if not more.

Class 80s like Ben Grimm have used skyscrapers as weapons. So that's probably around 100,000 tons.

Class 100s start at small islands and go up from there.

As for the ones you mentioned, I think Luke's taken a serious boost in recent years.

Shulkie and Piotr basically always lose when they come up across anyone in the actual Class 100 range. And Shulkie mostly regressed back to normal after the Champion thing.

Yeah, thinking on it, you may be correct on that, Beadle. Otherwise, they would be way underpowered for the feats they do and compared to the DC characters.

Agreed that Jen and Peter do tend to lose to others more considered CL 100, so they may be more 85-90?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, thinking on it, you may be correct on that, Beadle. Otherwise, they would be way underpowered for the feats they do and compared to the DC characters.

Agreed that Jen and Peter do tend to lose to others more considered CL 100, so they may be more 85-90?
    Comic book writers/editors seem to have issues with the idea of how heavy things really are. We get guidebooks where it talks about how such and such a character is 'Class 20', then they're shown flinging around tanks (which actually run higher than 50 tons). Classic Rogue is a 'Class 50', but she flies around with a locomotive (a couple hundred tons). Ben is Class 85, but he JUGGLES tanks (casually) and compresses buildings into weapons (estimated at over 1000 tons).

Class 100's move mountains (or more). 100 tons is a MINISCULE part of a mountain's weight (they can be estimated in the billions of tons). People like Black Adam grab and throw battleships/aircraft carriers, sending them miles - these things mass tens of thousands of tons displacement.

But we still use the 'Class system' as a shortcut way of saying 'This character is as strong as these characters, because they have feats that are in the same range'. Also noted here. <-- unabashed self-promotion.

I'd be curious to see Peter's feats of strength in an effort to qualify his strength; does he have anything absolutely tremendous, or is it a case where he kind of hangs in with Class 100s in fights?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    My list would look roughly like:

Wolverine ~ Captain America ~ Batman (CBPH)
    Beast (Class 1 to Class 5-ish max)
    US Agent (Class 10 - that was the standard Power Broker package)
    Spider-Man (Class 15-20ish)
    Luke Cage ~ Aquaman ~ Savage Dragon ~ Black Bolt (All about Class 50)
    The Thing (Class 80)
    She Hulk (probably marginally above Ben)
    Colossus (possibly marginally above Shulkie)
    Captain Britain (Class 90)
    Namor (Class 100... barely on land, thoroughly in water)

I'd expect some arguments on the Class 50 crew (e.g. Black Bolt may be slightly above, Cage slightly below) and the Ben/Jen/Piotr thing, but the rest should be right.
    That's a good list but I think Aquaman is stronger then Like Cage and Savage Dragon.

Even with the Marvel scale, it is hard to estimate just how much each one can lift.

I am at a real loss for how the Marvel characters compare with their DC counterparts.

It does get a little odd. So we go by feats, and see what is comparable. Then we also look at presentation - if the Hulk has some crazy strength feats, and he consistently dukes it out with Thor and Hercules while kicking Ben Grimm's butt, then he's pretty clearly in the range of Thor and Hercules. Juggernaut doesn't often actually lift stuff or throw it around. But presentation-wise, he matches strength with Thor, the Hulk, and the like in their fights while beating down lesser opponents. So....

It's not exactly an exact science. ^_^ The lack of consistency in comics makes it even LESS exact.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yes, I concur!

I am not sure why Marvel has not updated their scales since the 1980's.

Even though they may be in left field with what things weigh, I would think Marvel would want their characters to be able to lift more than 100 tons, especially when their Distinguished Competition has characters moving planets! If we follow what Marvel "Officially" gives us, they set up a paradox with fans: either the comics are wrong or their Official book is wrong. Why won't Marvel get this!

Their website, with its numerical system, is just chock-full of stuff that really, really doesn't make sense.

It's one reason why 'guidebooks', 'official ratings', and the like aren't really taken into consideration here if they contradict what we see on the page (assuming what is on the page matches the character's consistent presentation). Part of how it was decided this site would do things. Other sites would disagree, and that's cool.
    Why are we here?

Even with the Marvel scale, it is hard to estimate just how much each one can lift.

I am at a real loss for how the Marvel characters compare with their DC counterparts.
    You should just compare feats. For example, Thor and Superman (most versions) are comparable strength wise. Same with Batman and Captain America, Wonder Woman and Hercules etc.

This reminds me of Vegeta vs Metalman in Dragon Ball Super. Vegeta can't lift 1000 tons? Seems fishy.

Really, writers should keep lists of stuff they need to know.

Comic book writers? Lists of 'How much stuff actually weighs', along with 'How fast do things actually move in absolute terms and in comparison to normal people'.
    Why are we here?