Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superwoman #7 - Spoilers

There's a lot that happened this issue and I loved it, but for now I'll stick to what's sure to be the main discussion that will surround this issue, which is actually the least interesting thing about this issue for me, but whatever.

The ending of this issue heavily alludes that:

spoilers:
    New 52 Lois and New 52 Superman are Rebirth/Post-Crisis Lois and Superman.

The hooded figure that's been appearing in this book turns out to be Rebirth Lois Lane, and when Lana is "dying" just like Lois did, Rebirth Lois tells Steel that the same thing that happened to the other Lois is happening to Lana, "the same thing that happened-- to me".

She even calls Lana "Red", like New 52 Lois did.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-08-2017 at 02:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

I'm so excited for the unification of the Superman fans and characters. This whole division period of Pre-Flashpoint vs Post-Flashpoint Superman family is really getting tiresome.

Once this will be resolved, I'll be buying the entire Superman line.
    Last edited by GodofBoredom; 02-08-2017 at 02:57 AM.

Action (maybe this issue too, I dunno, it was provided in flashback form) hinted at the same thing. The thing where Lana gained knowledge that only 52 Superman knew is now applying to Rebirth Superman. She somehow knows where his fortress is too and tells Steel how to get there to get her aid.

I still think the Red/Blue saga will play into this. Maybe not like we've all thought though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

So wait there are somethings that confuse me with this reveal. Why did New 52 Lois take on the appearance of her Reborn self and how did she come back to life? Also what does it mean for the version of Lois that's been appearing in Lana's head throughout this run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Renix View Post
    So wait there are somethings that confuse me with this reveal. Why did New 52 Lois take on the appearance of her Reborn self and how did she come back to life? Also what does it mean for the version of Lois that's been appearing in Lana's head throughout this run?
    That wasn't New 52 Lois at the end, it was Rebirth/Post-Crisis Lois.

What I think is happening is that when Post-Crisis Lois sees Lana "dying", it makes her remember going through the same thing as New 52 Lois. Until that happened, Post-Crisis Lois couldn't recall her history as New 52 Lois.

I'm not sure what's gong on with the ghost Lois, but that should be explained in the next issue which ties into Reborn. My guess right now is that it's something like the Solar Superman situation. New 52 Lois's powers leave her when she "dies", but they exist in incognito with remnants of New 52 Lois's personality. Because her powers didn't go into anyone else like the Solar Superman situation, only a few people can see her.

This would explain why, if New 52 Lois and Post-Crisis Lois are the same person, why Post-Crisis Lois doesn't have powers anymore.

All-New Member

Ah that makes sense. Can't wait for Reborn to answer all these questions now.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    I'm so excited for the unification of the Superman fans and characters. This whole division period of Pre-Flashpoint vs Post-Flashpoint Superman family is really getting tiresome.

Once this will be resolved, I'll be buying the entire Superman line.
    Well it won't end anytime soon. I don't want New 52 Superman and Lois to be merged into Superdad and Malois. I want them to be separate characters, with their own stories.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So excited to finally see the merge happen, but I really hope they don't kill off Lana in the process.

BANNED

Meh. This, like the past issues, was an almost unreadable mess. And made Luthor into a real idiot---again.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well it won't end anytime soon. I don't want New 52 Superman and Lois to be merged into Superdad and Malois. I want them to be separate characters, with their own stories.
    It could be that rather than a merge or a retelling of the Red/Blue arc, Vyndktvx's changes to Nuperman's life are being undone. so he gains back his actual age, the fact he debuted in 2009 alongside Batman instead of in 2011 as a rookie alongside other JL members, a ten-year old career.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's ironic that over the last few years before Rebirth the Nuperman fans were telling those that weren't that Nuperman was the same guy as before just with a slightly differing history . Now that it looks like indeed Nuperman and Nu Lois are indeed going to be shown as just that here soon, suddenly some Nuperman fans demand he stay a separate character. So does that mean he was a completely different character all along? Either he was always Superman or he isn't. Can't be both ways.

I for one am glad it's looking like it's all going to be canon. Nuperman and Nu Lois are likely going to be as legit and real as Super dad and Ma Lois. No imposter or double or clone or other similar crap. I honestly think given the circumstances, it's the best outcome. Not everyone can be pleased, but this hinted resolution is the closest we are gonna come to pleasing the largest amount of Superman fans.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-08-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's ironic that over the last few years before Rebirth the Nuperman fans were telling those that weren't that Nuperman was the same guy as before just with a slightly differing history . Now that it looks like indeed Nuperman and Nu Lois are indeed going to be shown as just that here soon, suddenly some Nuperman fans demand he stay a separate character. So does that mean he was a completely different character all along? Either he was always Superman or he isn't. Can't be both ways.

they are the same or they aren't the same, simple like that

I had just 2 words da #%@$.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I for one am glad it's looking like it's all going to be canon. Nuperman and Nu Lois are likely going to be as legit and real as Super dad and Ma Lois. No imposter or double or clone or other similar crap. I honestly think given the circumstances, it's the best outcome. Not everyone can be pleased, but this hinted resolution is the closest we are gonna come to pleasing the largest amount of Superman fans.
    As I've said above, Vyndktvx's intentional changes to Nuperman's life are being undone. so he's back, but now he's as old as he should physically be considering that he actually debuted alongside Batman in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    It could be that rather than a merge or a retelling of the Red/Blue arc, Vyndktvx's changes to Nuperman's life are being undone. so he gains back his actual age, the fact he debuted in 2009 alongside Batman instead of in 2011 as a rookie alongside other JL members, a ten-year old career.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Before Lana died, she said "Clark?!" as if in at that moment she was seeing him. dun dun dun