Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's ironic that over the last few years before Rebirth the Nuperman fans were telling those that weren't that Nuperman was the same guy as before just with a slightly differing history . Now that it looks like indeed Nuperman and Nu Lois are indeed going to be shown as just that here soon, suddenly some Nuperman fans demand he stay a separate character. So does that mean he was a completely different character all along? Either he was always Superman or he isn't. Can't be both ways.

I for one am glad it's looking like it's all going to be canon. Nuperman and Nu Lois are likely going to be as legit and real as Super dad and Ma Lois. No imposter or double or clone or other similar crap. I honestly think given the circumstances, it's the best outcome. Not everyone can be pleased, but this hinted resolution is the closest we are gonna come to pleasing the largest amount of Superman fans.
    I fail to see how Nuperman being different from Superdad doesn't make him Superman.

Superman doesn't need to be in a relationship with Lois Lane to be Superman. He doesn't need to work with the Daily Planet, a red underwear or the Kent alive in his adulthood to be Superman. What he need is to be true to the, well, "character" of the character : an alien from Krypton who helps people and is one (if not the) strongest hero there is. Is is totally different from saying "Guys, you got it all wrong, Nuperman was totally Superdad in the past, thanks to timey whimey magic stuff than nobody understand". That's terrible writing and a way for DC to have its cake and eat it too, which I find quite insulting. New 52 Superman was in love with Diana, he had moved out of the "Lois is the only woman Superman can be with", he had a different approach from the previous iteration of the character, but he was still Superman.

A different one, but Superman nonetheless.

I also fail to see how DC can hope to reconcile the things which happened to New 52 Superman with the ones Superdad did. And, honestly, isn't it totally hypocrite to have DC use Rebirth to get ride of the things it didn't like in the Pre-Flashpoint, add to it everything it liked from New 52 and call it the "everything is canon" approach ? It doesn't work that way. Either all of Pre and Post Flashpoint is canon, or is is only a new timeline designed as canon for the time being. Honestly, that's my problem with the comics in general anyway here : instead of creating new characters or at the very least new iterations of the same character, they simply try to pretend that there has been one legacy, one true timeline, when it makes no sense to do so and -personally- fail to entice me to the characters and their stories. I don't like to simply have throwback in one issue on something which happened twenty or more years ago, I can't invest in the character that way.

That's why the New 52 brought me in for comics, and why Rebirth is clearly showing me the door more and more when it comes to Superman (and clearly bit me and thrown me out of Wonder Woman) and even Batman is often on the verge of doing this.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well it won't end anytime soon. I don't want New 52 Superman and Lois to be merged into Superdad and Malois. I want them to be separate characters, with their own stories.
    Seconded. Sadly, given that hint, it seems that won't happen.

Gee thanks, DC/Didio/Jurgens/Johns/Lee.

I fail to see how Nuperman being different from Superdad doesn't make him Superman.

Superman doesn't need to be in a relationship with Lois Lane to be Superman. He doesn't need to work with the Daily Planet, a red underwear or the Kent alive in his adulthood to be Superman. What he need is to be true to the, well, "character" of the character : an alien from Krypton who helps people and is one (if not the) strongest hero there is. Is is totally different from saying "Guys, you got it all wrong, Nuperman was totally Superdad in the past, thanks to timey whimey magic stuff than nobody understand". That's terrible writing and a way for DC to have its cake and eat it too, which I find quite insulting. New 52 Superman was in love with Diana, he had moved out of the "Lois is the only woman Superman can be with", he had a different approach from the previous iteration of the character, but he was still Superman.

A different one, but Superman nonetheless.

I also fail to see how DC can hope to reconcile the things which happened to New 52 Superman with the ones Superdad did. And, honestly, isn't it totally hypocrite to have DC use Rebirth to get ride of the things it didn't like in the Pre-Flashpoint, add to it everything it liked from New 52 and call it the "everything is canon" approach ? It doesn't work that way. Either all of Pre and Post Flashpoint is canon, or is is only a new timeline designed as canon for the time being. Honestly, that's my problem with the comics in general anyway here : instead of creating new characters or at the very least new iterations of the same character, they simply try to pretend that there has been one legacy, one true timeline, when it makes no sense to do so and -personally- fail to entice me to the characters and their stories. I don't like to simply have throwback in one issue on something which happened twenty or more years ago, I can't invest in the character that way.

That's why the New 52 brought me in for comics, and why Rebirth is clearly showing me the door more and more when it comes to Superman (and clearly bit me and thrown me out of Wonder Woman) and even Batman is often on the verge of doing this.
    What I can say? not every new interation works. new52 superman didn't worked, why would DC keep trying to pretend a bad version works?
    post crisis superman stand the test of time, because it worked from day one. The hiccups at the end didn't made anyone (fans and creators) give up on him and now he is back.
    That is comics, when something doesn't work it is discarded

Astonishing Member

Why is Superman being reduced to who he's with in order to be deemed Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What I can say? not every new interation works. new52 superman didn't worked, why would DC keep trying to pretend a bad version works?
    post crisis superman stand the test of time, because it worked from day one. The hiccups at the end didn't made anyone (fans and creators) give up on him and now he is back.
    That is comics, when something doesn't work it is discarded
    I disagree about your assertion that New 52 Superman didn't work. he was sabotaged. Even after Savage Dawn, he had quite a lot of potential and was in no need to be replaced. Instead, DC sabotaged him to force feed us with Superdad, without even the decency of an honest reboot. And the sales of Rebirth aren't looking that great, even with the new take on Superman, which makes me think that DC's made a mistake in betting to pure nostalgia to bring in or keep new (or relatively new, like in my case) readers.

I disagree about your assertion that New 52 Superman didn't work. he was sabotaged. Even after Savage Dawn, he had quite a lot of potential and was in no need to be replaced. Instead, DC sabotaged him to force feed us with Superdad, without even the decency of an honest reboot..
    Yes, you are right..

I still remember that DC said that Superman was a character who recovered from difficult times(before rebirth).. FAKE.. You have replaced him, idiots.

... Ok... I followed this comic in memory of N52 Superman.. But now is time to leave this comic... And continue only with comics that I like and not follow one comic for my respect for one character that no longer exists..

New Super-man is an exception, I enjoy that comic and I will try to enjoy him during his short existence..

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post

Gee thanks, DC/Didio/Jurgens/Johns/Lee.
    Thanks, I will try to remember that people and never expect anything good from them..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Lot of stuff happening,but why is lex shown so dumb? Really he is the smartest man on earth (even if his sister is smarter),he doesnt need to be shown dumb sorry.

Also nuperman WAS sabotaged,that is a "almost" factby now,BUT superdad has been a good read(which nuperman could have been also easily).

So without Vyndktvx's corruption of supermans life,is it possible that rebirth Lois and Clark are from the future(or the actual real time),and then dropped back in the past when his younger self started getting screwed with? Like superdad lived on this earth,then got sent to the past,but his past self was Vyndktvx's victim,so as time went on things were different,even though it is exactly the same earth?

Now with time paradoxes more and more time is going to fix itself no matter what.so expect Lois and Clark to be Lois and Clark,and a lot of THEIR old history to comeback,because they did,as in you can't have 1 without the other idea.

Nu Lois is probably is NOW the paradox that might be why she can still animate herself to Lana,even though she is dead.

That would take away the red/blue explanation,but still make everyone the same as before,and a time paradox happened,or at least a "flashpoint"(yeah I went there CW fans)happened.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 02-08-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Wait. So....I'm confused. Does this mean that NuLois "dying" was just somehow a way to undo the changes that had been made to her character with Flashpoint? So, if NuLois and Nuperman and Lois and Superman are the same characters, their "deaths" were just some way for DC to return to them all of their Pre-Flashpoint memories and continuity?

Please. Someone clarify this for me. I'm starting to get a headache.

Don't really care either way what they do with Nuperman. The Morrison stuff was cool, but after that he just kinda became a failed experiment and a means to do stupid ideas that weren't and shouldn't stick, like Truth, heroic Lex ,the WW romance and the solar flare powers.

I disagree about your assertion that New 52 Superman didn't work. he was sabotaged. Even after Savage Dawn, he had quite a lot of potential and was in no need to be replaced. Instead, DC sabotaged him to force feed us with Superdad, without even the decency of an honest reboot. And the sales of Rebirth aren't looking that great, even with the new take on Superman, which makes me think that DC's made a mistake in betting to pure nostalgia to bring in or keep new (or relatively new, like in my case) readers.
    there were barely any worthwhile Superman stories in that 5 year period. All the complaints about PC Supes coming back seemed to have the ring of "but he had potential, you just had to give him a chance," well potential is great, but pointless when it's never realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Before Lana died, she said "Clark?!" as if in at that moment she was seeing him. dun dun dun
    She didn't die, not yet. That clearly leads in to what happens in today's issue of Action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Wait. So....I'm confused. Does this mean that NuLois "dying" was just somehow a way to undo the changes that had been made to her character with Flashpoint? So, if NuLois and Nuperman and Lois and Superman are the same characters, their "deaths" were just some way for DC to return to them all of their Pre-Flashpoint memories and continuity?

Read my post above yours.

Or just consider.it a time paradox fixing itself with what is alive at the present time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

none of us know yet because Reborn didn't happen, everyone is just guessing at the moment.

BANNED

Guessing,then with another guess,then another,then another lol

Extraordinary Member

I just read the issue. It was good overall. The ending though didn't exactly give the answers that the OP suggested that it did, though. BUT, if the ending is alluding to what the OP thinks it is, then I think it might be tying into the larger Rebirth mystery. So, if Flashpoint simply turned the Pre-Flashpoint characters/DCU into the New 52 characters/DCU, maybe the "deaths" that Nuperman and NuLois went through was simply them transforming back into their Pre-Flashpoint selves. So, in other words, they gained back the 10 years that Dr. Manhattan stole from them (otherwise known as their Pre-Flashpoint lives). So, if that's what ends up happening with Reborn, it'll make Superman the focal point of the Rebirth mystery and perhaps he'll be the harbinger of everyone else's Pre-Flashpoint lives as well.