Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Batman is larger than life, it makes sense that his dialogue is strange. King's BATMAN is quality, real quality. I think it's going to go to levels that will be "classic Batman run" levels.

As for Synder, I didn't read his Superman but I wasn't talking purely about King and Synder being on these books- just somebody of their caliber. Scott Synder and Tom King are masters of their craft, whether you enjoy them or not.
    Batman is larger than life...so he should bark, meow, cock a doodle doo, speak in mermish plz I cant even take that type of defense seriously. King's Batman is a non entity, it sells only because its Batman. The chatter is almost zero when it comes to that book and it's just an in betweener comic. Essentially the middle point between Snyder and whoever Snyder's true replacement will be. King's run =modern Tony Daniel Batman. He can write all the Visions and Omega Mens in the world but his Batman is a second fiddle book even with in the Bat line itself. Tynion and Snyder are leading Batman, the villains and the larger family, Tomasi,Larson, Seeley and Lobdell are working on Damian,Babs Dick and Jason. Where exactly is King going again? a contrived Catwoman mystery that he back pedaled on after the backlash, Gotham Girl who no one gives a crap about, some already overused Kite-Man jokes, Z-list villain cameos, constant crossovers etc. If anything I expect Steve Orlando to be the next Snyder/Morrison/classic run writer. King has utterly failed to carve his own niche, every character he touches he either fails to do anything with them or does something that pisses of the fans of those characters. He turns Catwoman in to a murderer, Bane in to a junkie even though Dixon himself moved Bane away from venom, does nothing with Batman's so called Suicide Squad and so on.

There's no point in hypothetical scenarios if the writer in question has written Superman which is true in case of Snyder. Yang and Pak had good reputation but they flunked on Superman. It means nothing, maybe King can write a great Superman run, maybe he cant but because he has written Sherrif of Babylon and gotten praise for it doesn't mean he can write Superman. His Batman is testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Batman is larger than life...so he should bark, meow, cock a doodle doo, speak in mermish plz I cant even take that type of defense seriously. King's Batman is a non entity, it sells only because its Batman. The chatter is almost zero when it comes to that book and it's just an in betweener comic. Essentially the middle point between Snyder and whoever Snyder's true replacement will be. King's run =modern Tony Daniel Batman. He can write all the Visions and Omega Mens in the world but his Batman is a second fiddle book even with in the Bat line itself. Tynion and Snyder are leading Batman, the villains and the larger family, Tomasi,Larson, Seeley and Lobdell are working on Damian,Babs Dick and Jason. Where exactly is King going again? a contrived Catwoman mystery that he back pedaled on after the backlash, Gotham Girl who no one gives a crap about, some already overused Kite-Man jokes, Z-list villain cameos, constant crossovers etc. If anything I expect Steve Orlando to be the next Snyder/Morrison/classic run writer. King has utterly failed to carve his own niche, every character he touches he either fails to do anything with them or does something that pisses of the fans of those characters. He turns Catwoman in to a murderer, Bane in to a junkie even though Dixon himself moved Bane away from venom, does nothing with Batman's so called Suicide Squad and so on.

There's no point in hypothetical scenarios if the writer in question has written Superman which is true in case of Snyder. Yang and Pak had good reputation but they flunked on Superman. It means nothing, maybe King can write a great Superman run, maybe he cant but because he has written Sherrif of Babylon and gotten praise for it doesn't mean he can write Superman. His Batman is testament to that.
    The rise to A+ list on tom king was so fast, it's almost like...

King's Batman is that awful, it show that a+ list writers aren't always the solution. Tynion is doing far more solid work on detective

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm not getting the complaints about pacing. The Clark Kent mystery is a subplot, and it's moving at about the speed you'd expect for that kind of thing. It would really only be a problem if every issue had the 'other Clark Kent' mystery at the forefront. But the last six issues were about Superman trying to save Lex Luthor from the Godslayer, with a bit of Clark Kent stuff in the background. I think Jurgens has done an excellent job of slow burn anticipation toward the story's resolution.

I suspect that the other Clark Kent is a part of Superdad and New 52 and will be involved in the merger. It's been said before, but Superdad doesn't seem complete without the 'metropolitan reporter' side of his personality. Investigative journalism was never just a front for Clark, it's as much a part of who he is as Superman.

Maybe the other Clark Kent seems creepy to Lois because he's a little off without the Superman side of his personality. But on the flip side, he could bring Lois' attention to something incomplete about her husband. Maybe she's more troubled by that lingering sense of something lacking in their lives than the mystery Clark himself. He's only creepy in the sense that he's a ghost of the past, part of a picture she hasn't quite put together yet.

His usage of 'hoosegow' makes me wonder if he's an incomplete pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'm not getting the complaints about pacing. The Clark Kent mystery is a subplot, and it's moving at about the speed you'd expect for that kind of thing. It would really only be a problem if every issue had the 'other Clark Kent' mystery at the forefront. But the last six issues were about Superman trying to save Lex Luthor from the Godslayer, with a bit of Clark Kent stuff in the background. I think Jurgens has done an excellent job of slow burn anticipation toward the story's resolution.

I suspect that the other Clark Kent is a part of Superdad and New 52 and will be involved in the merger. It's been said before, but Superdad doesn't seem complete without the 'metropolitan reporter' side of his personality. Investigative journalism was never just a front for Clark, it's as much a part of who he is as Superman.

Maybe the other Clark Kent seems creepy to Lois because he's a little off without the Superman side of his personality. But on the flip side, he could bring Lois' attention to something incomplete about her husband. Maybe she's more troubled by that lingering sense of something lacking in their lives than the mystery Clark himself. He's only creepy in the sense that he's a ghost of the past, part of a picture she hasn't quite put together yet.

His usage of 'hoosegow' makes me wonder if he's an incomplete pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman...
    He is creepy because he stalks her (he is always close to her) and he said that she couldn't say NO to him.
    It's almost like he thinks they are destined to be together or is self righteous

Amazing Member

The fake Clark definitely comes across as creepy and pathetic and a bit of a jerk to me. Also he seems a bit dumb? I'm not sure why, that's just how he makes me feel. However I'm enjoying not knowing where the story is going, even though it's probably going to end with all 3 Supermen merging back into one.
    Last edited by Browncoat Alex; 02-11-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Welcome, Alex!

You know, he's less creepy to me after "hoosegow." If I didn't feel like he was luring them into a trap, and if I didn't know that the classic Superman status quo was more or less returning, I'd welcome him.

Incredible Member

Okay, here is my theory about all the crazy stuff that's been happening. Dr. Manhattan took 10 years away from DC, so events that happened 10 years or so ago are now happening again. Clark fought Doomsday, Eradicator, etc. So we are seeing the Death of Superman and Reign of Superman cycling again. But this time, Clark is smart enough to not pummel Doomsday, so he lived. He didn't throw Eradicator into the sun, so Hank didn't become Cyborg Superman.

So is this accurate in what is going on?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    She also is in possession of a female version of the Superman Blue suit.
    Another very interesting mystery. To date, we had two women wearing this suit:

- Strange Visitor AKA Sharon Vance AKA Kismet
    - Pre-Flashpoint Livewire

Last time we saw Shay she got thrown into the Phantom Zone. She also seemed to have a problem where she could't leave her lab or something.

The Phantom Zone plays fast and loose with time, so did Shay get a pre-Flashpoint object from somewhere or something? Or does Shay know something about pre-Flashpoint?

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post
    The fake Clark definitely comes across as creepy and pathetic and a bit of a jerk to me. Also he seems a bit dumb? I'm not sure why, that's just how he makes me feel.
    He's definitely written as creepy in this issue. I think he was understandably emotional before (believing that nu52 Superman unintentionally set him up to look like an impostor in his own life), but now he's starting to cross the line into obsession with Lois, after she's given him nothing but the cold shoulder. He's had no reason to think she'd be interested. Plus, both Jon and the random gangster could tell there was something off about "Clark."

What we see in this issue is that he does have an apartment somewhere, but it isn't in nu52 Clark's old building. It actually looks like he enters the door of the old building and is teleported... elsewhere. Then he's presumably teleported back when he leaves. The implication is that someone is manipulating "Clark" on a profound level, and he's totally unaware of it.