Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Thanks and to answer your question: Yes. People of all nations and religion need a positive representations in all forms of media to show others that there are GOOD people in the world and we can compromise to work together for justice.
    So why then are advocating for Replacing one minority character with another. DC has a diverse Robin and Batman is training another diverse character as a stand alone hero. I fail to see what your problem is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Nice shuffle. You didn't answer my question. Don't Arabic or mixed people not need representation too? Is only those who are visual ethnic that count as diverse in your book?

If only DC would get rid of the nasty problem of coloring Damian as the normal white male, unless you actually know his history you'd just assume going by Bruce he's just another white kid in comics

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So Why can't DC have an African American Robin as Batman's sidekick ?
    I was under the impression they already had. Duke was Robin in Futures End and in We are Robin. He has worn the Robin colours. DC already has had an African American Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So why then are advocating for Replacing one minority character with another. DC has a diverse Robin and Batman is training another diverse character as a stand alone hero. I fail to see what your problem is.
    I just don't want to see Duke and Harper fall into limbo once Tim is revealed alive and the Watchmen mystery is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I was under the impression they already had. Duke was Robin in Futures End and in We are Robin. He has worn the Robin colours. DC already has had an African American Robin.
    Yet it isn't a Robin approved by Bruce. Alfred and Dick and the other Robins maybe, but not the one true Batman himself.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Yet it isn't a Robin approved by Bruce. Alfred and Dick and the other Robins maybe, but not the one true Batman himself.
    He WAS Batman's approved Robin in Futures End.

There is no point in duke becoming robin IMO it would set his character back more then it already is, plus he is already consider a partner to Batman at least

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Damian is Robin. I think having Robin be Batman's actual son is the way to go. Personally I'd do away with Jason and Tim. I'd have Dick as Robin and when he grows up and goes on his own, bring in Damian Wayne.

Duke can be his own thing within the supporting cast of Batman.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I think people should just be patient. Bruce has shown that his employment needs for young men will eventually result in him having assistants from the entire globe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    If only DC would get rid of the nasty problem of coloring Damian as the normal white male, unless you actually know his history you'd just assume going by Bruce he's just another white kid in comics
    This is Lexi Alexander, a half-Arab half-German woman.
    IMG_8571.JPG

Truth is, many half-Middle Eastern people appear to be fully white. I'm half-Persian and no one can tell, and my Persian family is fairly dark. Realistically Damian would probably be white passing. Or maybe "somewhat" darker than the other Robins.

Unhappy

We have a Robin... are not enought the Bruce words?

Something New... and better..

Although I disagree that of something better than Robin.

BANNED

Well, he is a partner, he is African American and he is part of the cast.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Honestly why is Batman training Duke and not making him a partner ?

Why isn't he Robin ?

I mean look at Marvel, they have an African American/Purto Ricain Spider-man. So Why can't DC have an African American Robin as Batman's sidekick ?

I mean Does DC want more diversity into their series of comics or not ?
    Duke Is Lark & Luke Is Batwing

Thats 2 Batfmaily Members that are black and then if we leave out Tiffany & nell. they still have diversity. as a minority myself I think its great but I care more of the story then diversity for the sake of diversity. this is one reason I stopped messing with marvel. you take all of my favorite heros and replace them with another hero and then sit there and act like your new creation is the same as the guy I grew up being a fan of.... its annoying to say the least.

I like Batwing. Good Representation Of My people in comics. Genius, Has Money, owns his own business, hes not batman's sidekick hes his own standing hero. that beautiful. no need to kick damian out when Lark Can do wonderful things by himself. He's the head of the ''We Are Robin crew'' as well Lark could Go out and teach them what he learned from batman and make his own private army taking care parts of gotham Batman Overlooks. You never know.
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 02-08-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Duke was effectively the Robin of Snyder's run, and he's basically the closest thing Batman has to a traditional Robin at this point with Tim moving on and Damian being Damian and doing his own thing in other books.

King's treating him like in-training Tim and his role in stories often amounts to what you would expect from a Robin. He may not be using the codename or costume, but he's effectively like Katana in Beware the Batman or Batgirl in certain instances where they essentially fill the exact same role a Robin would while having a different identity.

Batman says he's going to be treating and training him differently then he has his other partners, and there's a different endgame and role for Duke in mind, but for all intents and purposes he's still basically a Robin in all but name.

If Damian had not come back, I would not have been surprised to see Duke become the new officially Robin, and Damian's popularity and youth is probably what's keeping him as Robin as Duke basically fills out the Robin role in the Bat-books while Damian's off gallivanting with Superboy and the Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    Duke Is Lark & Luke Is Batwing

Thats 2 Batfmaily Members that are black and then if we leave out Tiffany & nell. they still have diversity. as a minority myself I think its great but I care more of the story then diversity for the sake of diversity. this is one reason I stopped messing with marvel. you take all of my favorite heros and replace them with another hero and then sit there and act like your new creation is the same as the guy I grew up being a fan of.... its annoying to say the least.
    It's more annoying to create new minorities and have their book boycotted, bashed, trashed and even REFUSAL to sell their books based on their skin color. If that was stopped we wouldn't need all these replacements.

Maybe the reason folks want him in that Robin suit is it makes the writer USE him. As long as he's not he's doing cameos in books and backups.

However a legit reason to not have a black Robin is because sooner or later someone will figure out who Batman is.

A white guy with a black teenager. Even Riddler can figure that out. Unless Gotham has a huge market on white families with black sons.