Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would say he already is a partner and they might as well as just call him "lark" and get it over with.

As to whether or not DC wants an African American robin, i couldnt say. I think they are ok with the idea but they havent found the right oppurtunity yet. I think they also might be afraid of the backlash because fans arent know for being open minded or tolerant.
    Give the customers what they want. I think people go along with almost anything as long as it's done well. Grant Morrison could make a star out of Duke and he'd do it by making the character compelling. Right now, Duke isn't being written that way at all. Comics are so expensive these days (they were only 10 cents when I started out). If I have only ten bucks to spend on comics and it's a choice between supporting diversity for the sake of supporting diversity--or buying a different book that I actually find entertaining--which is the customer naturally going to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Give the customers what they want. I think people go along with almost anything as long as it's done well. Grant Morrison could make a star out of Duke and he'd do it by making the character compelling. Right now, Duke isn't being written that way at all. Comics are so expensive these days (they were only 10 cents when I started out). If I have only ten bucks to spend on comics and it's a choice between supporting diversity for the sake of supporting diversity--or buying a different book that I actually find entertaining--which is the customer naturally going to choose?
    I think it just comes down to DC not having the right circumstances for an african american robin. Right now Damian is Robin and he's going to be for the forseeable future so Duke and whoever else that pops up is going to have to find other roles to fill (or other families to join). Hell i think Duke and Harper would have been better off with Green Arrow (less competition).

I think im more jaded about fans than you are but I dont think your wrong.

BANNED

Hell i think Duke and Harper would have been better off with Green Arrow (less competition).
    I mean, yeah, the Arrow family is smaller than the BatFam, but it's not like it's small. Right now there's Oliver, Roy, and Dinah, along with newcomers Emiko, Henry, and Diggle, and myself and many others are still calling for the return of Connor and Mia. Hell, she may not be directly connected to the Arrow family, but as far as archers go, Cissie is also still MIA.

Maybe they could have been new additions to the Martian Manhunter family?

BANNED

Why should Duke be added to any "family"? If he's good enough, he should be able to anchor his own book like Dick, Jason, and Damian do (and Tim has in the past, until his recent exile). Why not take Duke out from under the all-encompassing shadow of The Batman and let him show what he can do on his own? Give Duke a solo title.

BANNED

Why should Duke be added to any "family"? If he's good enough, he should be able to anchor his own book like Dick, Jason, and Damian do (and Tim has in the past, until his recent exile). Why not take Duke out from under the all-encompassing shadow of The Batman and let him show what he can do on his own? Give Duke a solo title.
    I was mostly just joking. Conceptually, Duke and Harper shouldn't have been created.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I mean, yeah, the Arrow family is smaller than the BatFam, but it's not like it's small. Right now there's Oliver, Roy, and Dinah, along with newcomers Emiko, Henry, and Diggle, and myself and many others are still calling for the return of Connor and Mia. Hell, she may not be directly connected to the Arrow family, but as far as archers go, Cissie is also still MIA.

Off topic but I'd have taken YJ Artemis over Emiko though I don't really mind Emiko
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-24-2017 at 11:42 PM.

BANNED

I was mostly just joking. Conceptually, Duke and Harper shouldn't have been created.
    You're absolutely correct. If DC feels it needs to pamper Snyder, just slip an extra hundred in his paycheck and tell him no more teen vigilantes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Off topic but I'd have taken YJ Artemis over Emiko though I don't really mind Emiko
    Really just a matter of personal preference. I like Emi quite a bit more, and I think there's a lot of potential for stories and development with her.

According to YJ martians have large families so maybe not.

I was thinking about the Arrow being just Ollie/Roy/Mia/Connor/Cissie and Ollie was supposed to be 23/25/28 in the new 52 when i said that. Connor is Ollie's grownup son and Cissie's mother was a green arrow fangirl so i thought it be better to shelve them before changing them. Even with them still involved Duke and Harper are different enough to not steps anyone's toes.

I think someone recommended Cass be brought in the new 52 as a WW character so i think some fans try to re imagine legacies. I think someone mentioned tim should be the new Nite-Owl (i'm more fond of him being the new Question). I thought that Simon Baz was better off being a new hero than the 5th green lantern. So on and so on.

I'm cool with Snyder doing a Duke solo title because it would be him making a direct case for why Duke should stick around. If it suceeds great, if it doesnt that's the brakes.

On topic, i think Duke's already a partner to batman and a robin in spirit, whether he has the name or not.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-25-2017 at 03:02 PM.

BANNED

According to YJ

I'm cool with Snyder doing a Duke solo title because it would be him making a direct case for why Duke should stick around. If it suceeds great, if it doesnt that's the brakes.
    Exactly. I'm in favor of giving him a chance instead of just using him as a token.