Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's what makes it funny.
    There's pretty much nothing that'd make her a villain at this point short of murdering Inhuman kids in their sleep.
    there's an old social psychology study (i'll try and look up the citation later on). In it, the researchers found that the act of being manipulated was one of the more disquieting and upsetting experiences a person can have, even more disturbing than being cheated, disrespected or even physically threatened. Manipulation is kind of like a inter psychic assault.
    I love Emma (and always will) but I wonder if her fellow X-Men might turn on her simply due to the fact that she manipulated them. Her intentions were nobel, but people just really dislike being manipulated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    there's an old social psychology study (i'll try and look up the citation later on). In it, the researchers found that the act of being manipulated was one of the more disquieting and upsetting experiences a person can have, even more disturbing than being cheated, disrespected or even physically threatened. Manipulation is kind of like a inter psychic assault.
    I love Emma (and always will) but I wonder if her fellow X-Men might turn on her simply due to the fact that she manipulated them. Her intentions were nobel, but people just really dislike being manipulated.
    You are missing the point. Cyclops is hated because of Emma actions. Her intentions weren't noble. Even Magneto said this. She cared only about Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You are missing the point. Cyclops is hated because of Emma actions. Her intentions weren't noble. Even Magneto said this. She cared only about Cyclops.
    If she cares only for Cyclops then she would simply retaliate by killing BB when she had the opportunity.

If you want to call Emma to be a manipulative go ahead but she cares about the mutants almost as much as Scott or she would never have become a teacher or ally of the X-men in the first place.

In addition Emma has saved mankind several times alongside the X-mens, but it seems to have no value compared to being a King or Queen who kills mutants and humans with a toxic cloud.

That's why in both AvX and IvX several readers do not buy this idea that they are villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    If she cares only for Cyclops then she would simply retaliate by killing BB when she had the opportunity.

If you want to call Emma to be a manipulative go ahead but she cares about the mutants almost as much as Scott or she would never have become a teacher or ally of the X-men in the first place.

In addition Emma has saved mankind several times alongside the X-mens, but it seems to have no value compared to being a King or Queen who kills mutants and humans with a toxic cloud.

That's why in both AvX and IvX several readers do not buy this idea that they are villains.
    As both AvX and IvX are hero vs hero stories, you're probably not supposed to buy them as villains. Well I guess the P5 did technically end up the villains in AvX but they were possessed so it wasn't really them.

It is possible I suppose that Emma could end up being the villain in IvX... but we're not at that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As both AvX and IvX are hero vs hero stories, you're probably not supposed to buy them as villains. Well I guess the P5 did technically end up the villains in AvX but they were possessed so it wasn't really them.

It is possible I suppose that Emma could end up being the villain in IvX... but we're not at that point yet.
    Even so the Phoenix 05 were treated as villains and unfortunately every conflict between heroes always has one or more scapegoats.