Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    One thing that still bothers me about IvX #3 is Forge's machine was going to suck and compress the Terrigen into a solid state before he incinerates it. Why not just give the solid state Terrigen back to the Inhumans?

Boom, conflict solved.
    we will see if this machine works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    we will see if this machine works that way.
    It's can't anymore, Iso destroyed it after knocking out Forge.

BANNED

It's can't anymore, Iso destroyed it after knocking out Forge.
    then they will build new

but probably it can't

abd Moon girl will create better machine

One thing that still bothers me about IvX #3 is Forge's machine was going to suck and compress the Terrigen into a solid state before he incinerates it. Why not just give the solid state Terrigen back to the Inhumans?

Boom, conflict solved.
    The fact that he did not leads me to believe that it could not be saved in that way. I think if it was the case that some X-Men where going to vindictively destroy the cloud when it could be saved, then it would be less vague and a much bigger element to the story.

Boom, conflict solved.
    Assuming it's that's simple, perhaps its an indicator of the X-Men's mindset at this point in the story. They're no longer interested in any sort of compromise... they just wanna destroy the thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Assuming it's that's simple, perhaps its an indicator of the X-Men's mindset at this point in the story. They're no longer interested in any sort of compromise... they just wanna destroy the thing.
    mosaic would know that...

BANNED

then they will build new

but probably it can't

It kinda seemed as if Emma and Magneto were thinking of using BB to destroy the cloud.

So now that the NuHumans are shown as sympathetic, maybe they wake up Forge, and Lunella somehow improves the machine allowing it to contain the mists without collateral but before they can do this, Emma destroys the cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm getting Champions vibe.
    How long this doesnt lead to a triangle between him, Kamala and Teen Jean; but that would be hilarious nevertheless.

Boom, conflict solved.
    Because the X-men havent been able to distinguish good from evil since like a decade ago when the Scarlet Witch said 3 little words; and Nuhumans that escaped New Attilan were too focused on destroying that machine to pay attention to what Forge said. And given that he is being kept knocked out, it's not like there are plans to rebuild it.

BANNED

Yeah, it's been obvious for awhile now Emma will be scapegoated for her "lie" while the Inhumans will be the ones to destroy the cloud. The latter at least makes some sense though, at this point it's really the only way to salvage the Inhumans and their morally indefensible position.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    To me, I read it as Magneto having such a strong telepathic defense that it didn't affect him the same. Mosaic wasn't even able to fully control him like he had everyone else. He got inside Magneto and basically freaked out a bit. I don't remember him having any trouble at all controlling and immediately "copying" the person's maneurisms immediately. He couldn't do it with Magneto.

Parker's mental defenses were able to fight Mosaic away from is "personal" part of his brain... so I guess mental defenses work to an extent with Mosaic if they are strong enough. And Magneto has some of the strongest, non telepathicc mental defenses out there. Hence why he said he coudln't even get into many of the brains of the Xmen.

Basically... Mosaic is a brand new character and his power set isn't fully defined. The fact he coudl even waltz into the room and not be immediately detecte dby the 10 billion telepaths the Xmen have is impressive in its own sense.
    In addition to Magneto's helmet he also has a degree of natural resistance to telepathy and even limited psychic abilities due to his magnetic powers. He can even enter the astral plane directly and has combated non-physical entities like the Shadow King before.

During his long life Magneto has also witnessed an inordinate amount of horror too, I got the impression that was possibly a lot for Mosaic to really face all at once. It'd be hard for anyone really and lends credence to the idea that maybe it made things that much more difficult for Mosaic going in.

Course, for the most part Beast was also the only person working on a cure from the X-Men side of things too. I'm sure there are other people generally speaking, but really trying to find a cure was pretty much left to Beast.
    No, Sunspot also had AIM working fulltime on the Terrigen issue and an M-Pox cure. It's too bad they/Ewing couldn't be more involved in IVX but then there are tons of mutants being left off the table (Cable, Hellfire Club, MI13, etc). And it's not like the research went nowhere, Beast did develop treatments and a vaccine that slows M-Pox and reduces it's side effects. Rogue would still be hospitalized if not for that, possibly even dead by now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    It kinda seemed as if Emma and Magneto were thinking of using BB to destroy the cloud.

So now that the NuHumans are shown as sympathetic, maybe they wake up Forge, and Lunella somehow improves the machine allowing it to contain the mists without collateral but before they can do this, Emma destroys the cloud?
    i think that moon girl will solve cloud problem because nuhumans need some feats in this story.

XPac
    Course, for the most part Beast was also the only person working on a cure from the X-Men side of things too. I'm sure there are other people generally speaking, but really trying to find a cure was pretty much left to Beast.
    No. That's completely wrong. Many X-men characters did something to stop Terrigen.

BANNED

i think that moon girl will solve cloud problem because nuhumans need some feats in this story.
    They'd be stupid NOT to do this. They already set it up perfectly when Lunella and Forge were trying to find a solution to the cloud in the Extraordinary Annual.

I predict next issue they'll allow Forge to wake up and then Lunella will improve his machine. That'd bring their story full circle.

I don't think they'll get a chance to use it though. Emma will not want the Royals to have the crystals.

BANNED

Well it is toxic and has the potential to poison the entire planet, why shouldn't they want it eliminated? Also it's not like the Inhumans have been the most responsible stewards over terrigen, again there's a legitimate question over if they should really be trusted with it given their recent history.

then they will build new

but probably it can't

If she can't her big red mutant buddy might be dead next week.

Ultimate Member

Yeah it seems fairly obvious that Emma will be thrown under the bus just to "salvage" the Inhumans. Just like Cyclops got thrown under the bus in the name of "we cannot openly acknowledge the Aveger's screw-ups" in AvX. Despite the fact that the Inhumans have even LESS of a valid point than the Avengers did.

It sucks, and Marvel seems utterly incapable of making these "hero vs. hero" events work well.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Well it is toxic and has the potential to poison the entire planet, why shouldn't they want it eliminated? Also it's not like the Inhumans have been the most responsible stewards over terrigen, again there's a legitimate question over if they should really be trusted with it given their recent history.

If she can't her big red mutant buddy might be dead next week.
    It's possible that they just forget DD is a mutant. I mean, they did forget Jonny Storm's nephew is a mutant.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's possible that they just forget DD is a mutant. I mean, they did forget Jonny Storm's nephew is a mutant.
    He's a mutant from another universe, there's no evidence to suggest the cloud would even bother him.