Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, he is. It's his character, he is the authority on how his powers work.

A person using a character as a cameo is not a bigger authority on that person's powers than the person writing their dedicated title.

The author has addressed Mosaic's powers and the limitations and he has said telepaths can't detect him, he can only be rapid kicked out of a body by a healing factor and that is not a psionic or mental entity. He is an energy entity designed to be the perfect infiltrator.

So no, the X-Men can not defend their minds against Mosaic.

End of story.
    But Your story ... Did You even read his solo?
    Spider-man was able to resist... his powers... Why he can and X-men can't?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Unfortunatelly the creator of a character in a company like Marvel or DC are not gospel, or it is until some other writer change it.
    I agree but that doesn't change their core powers. There are times when Emma Frost uses her telepathy while in diamond form, it doesn't change the cannon that she can't do that. That feat just became an OOC outlier feat and largely gets ignored and written off in future.

BANNED

Unfortunatelly the creator of a character in a company like Marvel or DC are not gospel, or it is until some other writer change it.
    But... Creator of Mosaic changed this because Spiderman was able to defend part of his brain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    But... Creator of Mosaic changed this because Spiderman was able to defend part of his brain.
    Up to a point. Mosaic still maintained control over him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Up to a point. Mosaic still maintained control over him.
    It only proves that defense is possible (because he fought)
    X-men are better in this area (probably because they live with large group of telepaths).

Did you miss the part where i said healing factors kick him faster?

I agree but that doesn't change their core powers. There are times when Emma Frost uses her telepathy while in diamond form, it doesn't change the cannon that she can't do that. That feat just became an OOC outlier feat and largely gets ignored and written off in future.
    I know what you mean, but lets take Cyclops for exemple, his optic blast should be capable of going through a mountain and be extremaly lethal, but how many times did he hit some character without any enhanced resistence and they not even get knock out? Powers are the characters part that is most likely to change to suit a story.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    if you want to get technical...

if it hasn't happened on panel yet... what they say interviews doesn't mean crap honestly.

Mosaic needed to come out 3 months sooner so his powers could have been fully explored in his own book lol

Plus, Parker completed invalidated the "its not a mental attack" and "you can't prepare for him." He telepathically resisted and fought off Mosaic from certain sections of his brain.
    Maybe someone realized that an invincible attack in the hands of a protagonist transforms them from character to walking plot device. Anything that easily becomes an 'I Win' button serves to make a character less interesting, not more.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I prefer to belive that some character memory can be too much, so someone like Magneto, Ilyana or Emma could drive him easily.

I know what you mean, but lets take Cyclops for exemple, his optic blast should be capable of going through a mountain and be extremaly lethal, but how many times did he hit some character without any enhanced resistence and they not even get knock out? Powers are the characters part that is most likely to change to suit a story.
    Cyclops has the excuse of his visor controlling the power of his beams, like he once took his visor off and cut a monster clean in half. So while it doesn't make sense you can kind of argue it away with 'well the visor so'

With Mosiac it has been stated on the page and by the author that healing factors kick him, and he is essentially a new nervous system in the brain, a kind of energy parasite even like the corticepts virus.

So the idea prof x taught some x-men psychic defences would stop Mosiac possessing him is wrong. Because he's no psionic, the creator said that telepaths won't detect him unless they're consciously looking for him because he is a completely different energy signature, it'd be like them detecting the mind of a plant or something. It's just tuned out to them unless they're actively looking for it and honed in on that on psychic frequency his mind exists on .

But I think it's obvious Soule didn't have time to chat with the author or read the comics and just read a summary 'body snatcher inhuman? got it. off we go with IVX"

I prefer to belive that some character memory can be too much, so someone like Magneto, Ilyana or Emma could drive him easily.
    It's possible, but the only thing we know can kick him is a healing factor as they'd see his presence in the brain like it's a disease and quickly try to combat it. That's what happened with Spider-Man for example and Mosaic still overcame it and continued the possession.

I'd say Magneto or Emma would be easy possessions, Illyana we don't know because magic is a wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe someone realized that an invincible attack in the hands of a protagonist transforms them from character to walking plot device. Anything that easily becomes an 'I Win' button serves to make a character less interesting, not more.
    Yeah, that's true, that's why Reader is blind and has a limit and why Magik and Scarlet Witch are always losing control of their powers and Tempus disapeared.

BANNED

Did You missed IvX?
    I know that You think that all Inhumans are above X-men/Avengers/gods and can solo everything but that's not true.

Mosiac had problems because Spiderman has too big intelligence... It only shows that there are many ways to defend against him. IF he would posses Magneto he would be scared. If he would posses Rogue he would end up insane.

Cyclops has the excuse of his visor controlling the power of his beams, like he once took his visor off and cut a monster clean in half. So while it doesn't make sense you can kind of argue it away with 'well the visor so'

With Mosiac it has been stated on the page and by the author that healing factors kick him, and he is essentially a new nervous system in the brain, a kind of energy parasite even like the corticepts virus.

So the idea prof x taught some x-men psychic defences would stop Mosiac possessing him is wrong. Because he's no psionic, the creator said that telepaths won't detect him unless they're consciously looking for him because he is a completely different energy signature, it'd be like them detecting the mind of a plant or something. It's just tuned out to them unless they're actively looking for it and honed in on that on psychic frequency his mind exists on .

But I think it's obvious Soule didn't have time to chat with the author or read the comics and just read a summary 'body snatcher inhuman? got it. off we go with IVX"

It's possible, but the only thing we know can kick him is a healing factor as they'd see his presence in the brain like it's a disease and quickly try to combat it. That's what happened with Spider-Man for example and Mosaic still overcame it and continued the possession.

I'd say Magneto or Emma would be easy possessions, Illyana we don't know because magic is a wild card.
    I talking more in the sense of Mosaic not being able to watch or relive( I don't know how he experience the host memories) the memories of the host, so if let's say he entered in the mind of a holocaust survivor and that comited the acts Magneto did he could istinctively pull out. And in Ilyana's case we have her magic allied to the fact that she grow up in Limbo.

Did You missed IvX?
    I know that You think that all Inhumans are above X-men/Avengers/gods and can solo everything but that's not true.

Mosiac had problems because Spiderman has too big intelligence... It only shows that there are many ways to defend against him. IF he would posses Magneto he would be scared. If he would posses Rogue he would end up insane.
    None of what you just said is reflected by the books.

Spider-man gave him trouble at first because Morris is unsure of his powers and also because of Spider-Man's healing factor working to try and boot him but Morris overcomes that and is STILL in control of Spider-Man so this "Peter is smart" crap doesn't hold up.

Soule's book is an outlier because it does no reflect the cannon of Morris's powers.

That is all there is to it.

You can disagree with me because you hate Inhumans or whatever but it doesn't change what is established in Morris's book and the words of the Author himself.

I talking more in the sense of Mosaic not being able to watch or relive( I don't know how he experience the host memories) the memories of the host, so if let's say he entered in the mind of a holocaust survivor and that comited the acts Magneto did he could istinctively pull out. And in Ilyana's case we have her magic allied to the fact that she grow up in Limbo.
    I'm not sure, I know that he will take on aspects of the host's personality while he is in it because he is essentially recharging by living vicariously through the brain he's "infecting" but once he jumps he will take trace aspects with him but I don't know how much that'd stay with him in the long term. There hasn't been an occurence of Morris being booted due to an overwhelming amount of emotion or memory. The only occurrence of Morris being booted somewhat comes from IVX but we don't actually see him get booted, just Magneto saying get out, which happened with Peter too but it didn't do much.

This is double problematic because it goes from Soule to Hopeless, Hopeless seems to have actually read Mosaic though.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 02-08-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Spider-man possession basically happened two days or so after his terrigenesis. His book is about him discovering his powers, what he can and cannot do as he jumps from body to body. Entering Spider-man was an overload of info but he's a quick learner which is why he was able to fend off Spider-man's "defences".