Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The Spider-man possession basically happened two days or so after his terrigenesis. His book is about him discovering his powers, what he can and cannot do as he jumps from body to body. Entering Spider-man was an overload of info but he's a quick learner which is why he was able to fend off Spider-man's "defences".
    Thank you!

Spider-Man is not proof mental defences or psychic defences mean squad to Mosaic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, he is. It's his character, he is the authority on how his powers work.

A person using a character as a cameo is not a bigger authority on that person's powers than the person writing their dedicated title.

The author has addressed Mosaic's powers and the limitations and he has said telepaths can't detect him, he can only be rapid kicked out of a body by a healing factor and that is not a psionic or mental entity. He is an energy entity designed to be the perfect infiltrator.

So no, the X-Men can not defend their minds against Mosaic.

End of story.
    Magneto has physiological control over his brain's electrical impulses thanks to his powers so it's a moot point anyway. This also applies to Storm actually.

BANNED

None of what you just said is reflected by the books.

Spider-man gave him trouble at first because Morris is unsure of his powers and also because of Spider-Man's healing factor working to try and boot him but Morris overcomes that and is STILL in control of Spider-Man so this "Peter is smart" crap doesn't hold up.
    I said that he had problems... And he had this problems even before "Spiderman" or healing factor started to resist.

Soule's book is an outlier because it does no reflect the cannon of Morris's powers.
    Again? All books except inhuman are not cannon?

You can disagree with me because you hate Inhumans or whatever but it doesn't change what is established in Morris's book and the words of the Author himself.
    I don't hate them. Why should i hate them? I simply don't ignore majority of books. All books are cannon and that's all.

Can he possess Rogue? using Author logic and not IvX?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Xavier taught many X-men how to defend their mind against all kind of mind attacks not telepathy attacks.
    Rogue was able to defend her mind against reality manipulation (Kobik rewrote her whole history) and even Cap America couldn't do this(and that's why we have Hydra Cap).
    Rogue is immune to a cosmic cube? Eh ... I think the cube got jobbed there a little.

Can he possess Rogue? using Author logic and not IvX?
    He can possess anyone.

Soule is treating him as a telepathic entity, hence why he goes for Magneto when Magneto takes the helmet off.

And Morris is NOT a telepathic or psionic energy being. Equally problematic when he says he couldn't possess various people, he can literally possess anyone. Only people he cannot possess are people he has possessed before.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Magneto has physiological control over his brain's electrical impulses thanks to his powers so it's a moot point anyway. This also applies to Storm actually.
    That is true but he is not in control of his powers right now so he can't really use it.

Same as if Morris possessed a telepath, the telepath would be trapped inside their own mind with Morris until Morris decides to leave or is forced to, as any human body will reject him eventually.

None of what you just said is reflected by the books.

Spider-man gave him trouble at first because Morris is unsure of his powers and also because of Spider-Man's healing factor working to try and boot him but Morris overcomes that and is STILL in control of Spider-Man so this "Peter is smart" crap doesn't hold up.

Soule's book is an outlier because it does no reflect the cannon of Morris's powers.

That is all there is to it.

You can disagree with me because you hate Inhumans or whatever but it doesn't change what is established in Morris's book and the words of the Author himself.

I'm not sure, I know that he will take on aspects of the host's personality while he is in it because he is essentially recharging by living vicariously through the brain he's "infecting" but once he jumps he will take trace aspects with him but I don't know how much that'd stay with him in the long term. There hasn't been an occurence of Morris being booted due to an overwhelming amount of emotion or memory. The only occurrence of Morris being booted somewhat comes from IVX but we don't actually see him get booted, just Magneto saying get out, which happened with Peter too but it didn't do much.

This is double problematic because it goes from Soule to Hopeless, Hopeless seems to have actually read Mosaic though.
    I think that if someone should be able to emotionally overhelming him it should be someone like Magneto, Illyana, Old Man Logan or Punisher, basically some character with a very depressive and violent background.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Rogue is immune to a cosmic cube? Eh ... I think the cube got jobber there a little.
    Kobik changed reality in Avengers Standoff. Rogue (after a while) repaired her brain and rescued ANAD Avenegrs and Uncanny Avengers.
    Kobik of course could wish to kill her (and that would work like all other wishes) but changing her mind for long time? She has so many minds inside her that's not even funny. and thanks to that she will be able to regain control. It is only matter of time.

Kobik can win fight easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think that if someone should be able to emotionally overhelming him it should be someone like Magneto, Illyana, Old Man Logan or Punisher, basically some character with a very depressive and violent background.
    The problem is that he can see them through the third person, like we haven't seen anyone force things on him while he's possessing them. There has been Peter's slight resistance due to his healing factor but there weren't any memory thrown at him, Morris kind of comes across those organically.

The only time memories flood him is during the first seconds of possessions when he's basically get rapid fire information processed through him over who this person is but I don't think being in a particularly emotionally unstable person would kick him, it'd just be a particularly unpleasant place for him to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    He is/can be overwhelmed immediately after the jump but depending on what he needs the body for, he'll eventually compartmentalize the flow of information coming at him, so long as the body doesn't reject him fast enough, first.

And he can't possess someone more than once.

BANNED

He can possess anyone.
    False.
    He can't possess Rogue because to that he need to touch her and he will be absorbed by her. He doesn't cancel her powers. Poor Simon (Wonder man)

He is/can be overwhelmed immediately after the jump but depending on what he needs the body for, he'll eventually compartmentalize the flow of information coming at him, so long as the body doesn't reject him fast enough first.

And he can't possess someone more than once.
    Oh I agree. I thought you were trying to say him being overwhelmed would result in ejection from the body. But yes, that rapid fire can be crazy but as you said, he compartmentalises it very quickly.

False.
    He can't possess Rogue because to that he need to touch her and he will be absorbed by her. He doesn't cancel her powers. Poor Simon (Wonder man)
    His current form is energy, Rogue's powers only work on physical beings.

So he can possess Rogue.

Astonishing Member

False.
    He doesn't have a physical body to touch her with.

Ultimate Member

As of now Mosaic is a get out of jail free card where he can do practically anything to anyone and is unstoppable...yeah that makes any amount of sense to have that powerful of a character obeying anyone...no one could hurt him if he didn't want them to and he could control anyone...even BB or Medusa...it's all a little to convenient, especially given that he's a brand new character...

BANNED

He doesn't have a physical body to touch her with.
    Shadow King also didn't had. Simon also.

Rogue can absorb energy beings for more than 20 years.

Astonishing Member

As far as I can tell, he's not limitless. Supposedly there are drawbacks to his abilities but they have penned those yet, other than what we've seen.