Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Guess who is back in BUTTON Crossover (SPOILERS)

No other than Eobard Thawne!
    V2LnE0qXCphyEM2AhcpiKSaBzmZtk4ei-EzjapqpSlA.jpg
    BS3UdotMWt7PopYRWTLVvpa8Ha85mnf0MSPL_MJrIvM.jpg

I noticed he has New 52 lines all over his body but it's closer to original look, so he IS from post-Flashpoint.

But then who was the guy in New 52? DUN DUN DUN.

Of all the guesses for the mysterious third party in the "Button," I don't think anyone guessed it would be the original Reverse-Flash .

Though Williamson has been teasing Thawne in each of Barry's future-visions, so it was probably only a matter of time before he came back.

Spectacular Member

So I'm guessing New!Wally's upcoming arc will serve to close down New 52 Reverse Flash so we can have the original Reverse Flash return and not have confusion between names. I'd venture a guess that Zoom (current Eobard) will then become someone else... something else...

That means he somehow survived getting killed by Thomas Wayne? Odd...

Spectacular Member

Given how much he's featured in Flash and now Legends of Tomorrow I guess it makes sense that DC would want to bring ole ET back.
    Last edited by RolandGunner; 02-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I noticed he has New 52 lines all over his body but it's closer to original look, so he IS from post-Flashpoint.

But then who was the guy in New 52? DUN DUN DUN.
    I think what Rebirth has established is that EVERYBODY is the same character that they were from before Flashpoint. In other words, there's no difference between Pre-Flashpoint Eobard and Post-Flashpoint Eobard in terms of the flesh and blood person. The only thing is that there are gaps in their lives (and his life) previously filled by Pre-Flashpoint continuity.

I think the situation is Superman is particularly relevant. It looks to be establishing that Nuperman and Superdad (aka Superman) are one and the same person, but that "Nuperman's" "death" and subsequent exit from and reentry to the DCU timeline allowed him to regain his Pre-Flashpoint memories.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-09-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    So I'm guessing New!Wally's upcoming arc will serve to close down New 52 Reverse Flash so we can have the original Reverse Flash return and not have confusion between names. I'd venture a guess that Zoom (current Eobard) will then become someone else... something else...
    I hope they find a solution for the over abundance of evil speedsters. Daniel isn't all interesting besides his relationship with N52 Wally (which is a terribly overdone cliche anyway), Godspeed is poor man's Zolomon without the emotional beats and the less said about N52 Thawne, the better.

That means he somehow survived getting killed by Thomas Wayne? Odd...
    Look at his costume, he's definitely Flashpointed..Probably something similar to Wally happened to him as well, we've seen him haunting Barry inside Speed Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I think what Rebirth has established is that EVERYBODY is the same character that they were from before Flashpoint. In other words, there's no difference between Pre-Flashpoint Eobard and Post-Flashpoint Eobard in terms of the flesh and blood person. The only thing is that there are gaps in their lives (and his life) previously filled by Pre-Flashpoint continuity.
    Here is the problem: There is already a guy in Iron Heights claiming to be Thawne.

Extraordinary Member

Here is the problem: There is already a guy in Iron Heights claiming to be Thawne.
    We had two Supermen running around too, one with his Pre-Flashpoint memories and one without.

We had two Supermen running around too, one with his Pre-Flashpoint memories and one without.
    I'm actually hoping he's revealed to be an imposter. He was too different from Thawne, down to his powerset. TOO big of a difference to merge them imho.

All-New Member

It looks to be establishing that Nuperman and Superdad (aka Superman) are one and the same person
    Other than a Superman Reborn cover intentionally homaging the Superman Red/Blue cover, there's NO setup establishing this.

Extraordinary Member

I'm actually hoping he's revealed to be an imposter. He was too different from Thawne, down to his powerset. TOO big of a difference to merge them imho.
    Okay. I mean, I would be on board with that. Pulling a whole Xorn/Magneto gag is okay with me at this point. Actually, can we do that with everyone who was so irrevocably changed by the New 52?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-09-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCRebirth View Post
    Other than a Superman Reborn cover intentionally homaging the Superman Red/Blue cover, there's NO setup establishing this.
    I thought the most recent issue of Superwoman alleged this at the end. I mean, that's just my interpretation. I do think there's also merit to the Superman Red/Blue theory as well, though.

BANNED

Huh... thought it would be someone interesting...

iMan 42s

If New 52 Eobard didn't have the pre-Flashpoint memories the Eobard that comes from the New 52 future has to be one that came from a world that played out in the New 52 timeline with no interruptions.
    Once Eobard does get his restored history things change and thus the Eobard that comes back next comes from a world that has pre-Flashpoint continuity as opposed to New 52.

Or perhaps Eobard just put on a more familiar costume.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Or perhaps Eobard just put on a more familiar costume.
    That's not the case; N52 Thawne is imprisoned in Iron Heights and this version has been haunting Barry from Speed Force since the beginning of Rebirth.