Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Old Man Logan Appreciation Thread

Let’s give the old canucklehead some love!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 01-03-2018 at 08:44 AM.

A bit weird not having this in the Wolverine thread but alright

old_man_logan___inked___turner___egli_by_surftiki_by_confuciusretaliation-d663hul.jpg

By far my favorite AU version of any character. Like an old, classic western movie. Love OML. And I have this variant hanging up on my wall:

Where was Thor and Mjolnir in the OML universe? I can't remember
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hulk and Magneto killed Thor, and I believe Mjolnir was in Nevada.

Anyway what's your hopes for the new creative team on the book?

I'd like to see him interact more with X-Men. Like more in detail. How would he get along with Deadpool since he didn't experience The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with him? Does he have less respect for Wade than 616Logan does/did now? How much sh!t would Gambit give him for being an actual old man? Where is the Nightcrawler team-up?! Surely they were still best buds before OML was tricked in his timeline. You can have him interact with X-Men in his solo with out making it feel like an extension of Extraordinary X-Men... or X-Men Gold.

Yeah I would like to see him interact with the X-Men in his solo I mean so far we've only gotten Jean while it makes sense her being the teenage version of the woman he loved I would like to see other characters. Like you mentioned Nightcrawler they have one of the best friendships in comics if you ask me but it hasn't really been touched upon in Extraordinary, so that's one of the thing I would like to see more of in Gold or his Solo.

Yeah we've got some Puck, some Jubilee, some Jean, and then an issue with Forge in the last EXM... which I actually REALLY enjoyed. I like how Forge was portrayed in the OML future. Pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah we've got some Puck, some Jubilee, some Jean, and then an issue with Forge in the last EXM... which I actually REALLY enjoyed. I like how Forge was portrayed in the OML future. Pretty badass.
    Oh yeah I completely forgot about Jubilee that reunion was nice considering she was the last X-Man Logan murdered I would like to see more of that maybe have him guest star in Generation X to help Jubilee with mentoring the students or something. And yeah enjoyed the Old Man Forge parts in EXM I also wonder if there were any other X-Men that escaped getting killed by Logan like him and Emma.

Old Man Logan is a beast. Everything I loved about Logan during the Larry Hama years, just with tight gray hair instead of the classic "gullwing" hairdo...which, let's be honest, hasn't been "in" since the 80s (if it ever was).

A few things I wish Marvel would do with him, however:

1) After he comes back from this jumping through time story, revisiting some major events in his younger life, let's leave the Wastelands behind. They've milked it to death. We understand his pain, just as we've come to understand his pain from other tragic events (e.g., the death of Rose or Mariko).

2) Keep his physical appearance consistent. Look to McNiven (who created him), Mann, Lashley or even now Syaf for inspiration. He's jacked and mean AF looking, and is basically just Logan with gray-silver hair. He doesn't wear dentures or have a million lines on his face that make him look like a ball sack. Other artists, take note. He's fifty years older than his younger, deceased counterpart. For Logan 50 years is roughly equivalent to a decade, if you do the math. So he shouldn't look 80. More like 40 or 50, depending on how old you think he looked in the present day before he died (I'm gonna say mid to late 30s, which means now he should look mid to late 40s).

3) Update his outfit. The duster/trenchcoat look is Gambit's. Give it back. And the fur lined bomber jacket sucks too. Logan doesn't strike me as someone who gets real cold normally, so lose the jacket. Suns out, guns out. Put him in something cool yet functional looking, which is not a costume but rather more like tactical gear. Or maybe just jeans, boots and an UnderArmour like shirt. Sleeveless with an 'X' on the pocket. Whatever. Just ditch the lame coats.

4) Throw everyone a curve ball and don't bring 616 Logan back, but rather introduce a younger Logan clone created by Weapon X. This one completely under their control. Sure, it's a bit like Stryfe and Cable (more powerful clone being his arch nemesis), but I think it'd be a cool twist. Those who want younger Logan back might be pissed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Old Man Logan is a beast. Everything I loved about Logan during the Larry Hama years, just with tight gray hair instead of the classic "gullwing" hairdo...which, let's be honest, hasn't been "in" since the 80s (if it ever was).

1) After he comes back from this jumping through time story, revisiting some major events in his younger life, let's leave the Wastelands behind. They've milked it to death. We understand his pain, just as we've come to understand his pain from other tragic events (e.g., the death of Rose or Mariko).

2) Keep his physical appearance consistent. Look to McNiven (who created him), Mann, Lashley or even now Syaf for inspiration. He's jacked and mean AF looking, and is basically just Logan with gray-silver hair. He doesn't wear dentures or have a million lines on his face that make him look like a ball sack. Other artists, take note. He's fifty years older than his younger, deceased counterpart. For Logan 50 years is roughly equivalent to a decade, if you do the math. So he shouldn't look 80. More like 40 or 50, depending on how old you think he looked in the present day before he died (I'm gonna say mid to late 30s, which means now he should look mid to late 40s).

3) Update his outfit. The duster/trenchcoat look is Gambit's. Give it back. And the fur lined bomber jacket sucks too. Logan doesn't strike me as someone who gets real cold normally, so lose the jacket. Suns out, guns out. Put him in something cool yet functional looking, which is not a costume but rather more like tactical gear. Or maybe just jeans, boots and an UnderArmour like shirt. Sleeveless with an 'X' on the pocket. Whatever. Just ditch the lame coats.

4) Throw everyone a curve ball and don't bring 616 Logan back, but rather introduce a younger Logan clone created by Weapon X. This one completely under their control. Sure, it's a bit like Stryfe and Cable (more powerful clone being his arch nemesis), but I think it'd be a cool twist. Those who want younger Logan back might be pissed though.
    Sure OML seems more like Hama's Wolverine... except I don't he would've gotten his ass kick by a teenage female archer or a geriatric Steve Rogers though. Also, not only does that seem a bit like Stryfe and Cable... I'd say it seems a bit too much. It also reminds me of the Ultimate universe where Cable was Logan from the future{sans healing factor}.

I like some of your ideas, Lemire has hinted that OML will let go of the Wastelands after the Past Lives arc which I'm actually glad since while I liked the concept at first I think they've done all they can do with it now so it'll be good to move past it.

The way he's drawn has varied from artist to artist I try not to let it bother me but I agree he shouldn't be drawn as your typical old person, He should still be pretty jacked not any different from Young Logan just with gray hair. A bunch of artist have done it and Syaf is doing that and I hope whoever's the new artist for his book follows suit as well.

And yeah I could do without the leather jacket or trench coat something different would be welcome like if he's going on covert missions have him in a black shirt black combat pants and some combat boots or something like that.

You know I actually half expect that Logan clone twist the moment I read there was a mystery director it would be silly but I would be interesting have Old Man Logan go up against his younger self.

Thanks. I kind of half expect that clone twist too from the Weapon X solicitations. Would be pretty cool IMO.

And so far I like the look of Syaf's Logan a lot. Just lose the stupid coat.

I also wouldn't mind them relaunching his book after Lemire and Sorrentio depart as just plain "Logan."

I actually like the fur bomber jacket look.