Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That movie is really great on surface but when u dig deeper alot of stuff doesnt Make sense. Still well acted and made but alot of Logic gaps
    I don't judge it too harshly on that. Hollywood was still figuring out how to make a four color comics character film.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    What's the reason that doc ock doesn't get knocked out in the comics? Spidey has always been super stronger than him
    His tentacles are stronger than Spider-Man, nearly as fast, and he generally uses them to keep Spider-Man out of punching range.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I don't judge it too harshly on that. Hollywood was still figuring out how to make a four color comics character film.

His tentacles are stronger than Spider-Man, nearly as fast, and he generally uses them to keep Spider-Man out of punching range.
    Be that as it may, you can *very* clearly see Spider-Man landing a whole lot of blows to Otto's head over the course of several battles. His body isn't nearly as durable as his tentacles.

Now, don't get me wrong, if there's a well-made live-action Batman vs. Goku fight, I'll watch it even though on paper it's a horrible, horrible mismatch. But it still means acknowledging the huge gaps in logic in order to accept it. I say that as a guy who greatly enjoyed the Doc Ock battles and believe that SM2 is the best Spidey movie ever. If Batman vs. Goku has great choreography, pacing, direction, it's work that deserves to be seen. I feel the same way about Spidey's fist vs. Doc Ock's face, which had the added plus of being story-driven battles rather than merely action pieces.

For me, it's the equivalent of sound in space. There shouldn't be sound in space at all, but those Star Wars space battles and sound effects are iconic and thoroughly enjoyable. I accept that certain things shouldn't happen but do anyway. I love those battles nonetheless. Same with Spidey vs. Doc Ock -- Spidey across almost all his movies (no matter who plays him) tends to knock out normal humans with just a slight tap or a quick jab. He was landing heavy punches to Otto's head, a guy who has the same durability as a normal bank robber. There's a difference between realistic and enjoyable, and also a difference between acceptance and criticism. They're not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I'm sorry, but seriously? That was one of the silliest things i've ever seen. To each their own I guess.

Cap and Bucky is the standard to which all other superhero movies should be judged against.
    Distance-issues and strange electric sound effects aside (why not use the normal spark-and-clanging-metal sound effects?), if the Rangers were just a couple inches closer it would look way better.

And with that said, the choreography is pretty great. Even with helmets that are almost completely opaque, they're doing rapid-fire exchanges of punches, blocks, and parries years before the Matrix popularized it in the West (Big American Hollywood martial arts movies were rarely this fast-paced in the early 90s -- see any JCVD or Steven Seagal movie). Even in Japan with the original Sentai, they typically didn't have such quick and long exchanges like this until later in the franchise.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-12-2018 at 08:03 AM.

All-New Member

I really enjoyed the Superman vs Justice League fight in the JL movie,
    also Superman vs the parademons and Steppenwolf.

Finally Superman with the powers and ability of Superman

That made me forget the cry baby version of Superman from the Batman vs Superman.

The entire final battle scene of Kamen Rider: The Next.
    https://youtu.be/62tNckmHjGI?t=1h13m10s
    Stupid Chiharu nonsense aside, that was a fantastic final battle.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

By no means the best but I always enjoyed the fights scenes in Luke Cage and Jessica Jones where Luke just looks bored and swats people away.

Incredible Member

I like the fight scenes in the TV shows honestly. Arrow, and Daredevil in particular. Daredevil's fight scene vs the Russian mafia guys in Ssn 1 and then the biker gang in Ssn 2 (not to mention Punisher's prison fight sequence). Whoever is choreographing those two series should be quite proud. Arrow's did not seem so epic as Daredevil's but gets much points for consistency as they do a lot more fight scenes in that series and most of them were very well done.
    Last edited by Charlie Rock; 07-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Edit: crap, wrong thread.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei