Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How to bring back Kon

It's really simple. Rebirth writers are taking liberties as to what a LOT of characters have been up to recently. From villains totally changing their status quo (ie the Rogues, even though they just did that to **** with Flash) to whole teams just kind of dissolving and new ones forming.
    So I don't think it's too hard to imagine a scenario where Harvest, on a secret search for a new technology in his bid for metahuman control, bites off more than he can chew and is left in hiding barely clinging to life and his few Ravagers that remain and his last remaining "prize" Superboy (Kon El) in stasis.

Now heres how we get our old Kon back without dismantling what happened in the New 52. Everyone's remembers the memories that were given back to the aged Titans when the pre-flashpoint Wally West touched them right? Well say that Harvest catches wind of a young new Flash working with the old/new Titans ? Makes a commotion to lure the team there in an effort to control them and kick-start his operation back to life. It would obviously backfire and the team would find Kon El in stasis. Wally, recognizing Superboy from his past life goes to free him and upon touching him (like his teammates) sends a flood of pre-flashpoint memories into him, giving Kon a new perspective about himself which lets him act more like the Kon we love. It could also override Harvests control on him and leave him free.
    I think he'd make a wonderful addition to the new Titans.

Just my idea I think it's pretty cut and dry , and easily done. I don't even think it'd require a 4 issue arc. Maybe two.

What do you guys think?

Or...
    The Harvest from Titans could have Kon in a stasis unit because they're trying to find something powerful enough to extract the organs from him and sell.
    And have thus far been unsuccessful.

Now... what would he call himself, now that there's already a Superboy?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Or he could be Rebirth's Superboy-Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just... without all the punching and gore this time.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Or...
    The Harvest from Titans could have Kon in a stasis unit because they're trying to find something powerful enough to extract the organs from him and sell.
    And have thus far been unsuccessful.

Now... what would he call himself, now that there's already a Superboy?
    Either way.
    I think he should just go by Conner. I think part of his new attitude should include not having so much stress over being part of the Super legacy and just being himself. If he does get a code name at all it should be something new, and organic to the character. I think they were right to give the Superboy name to Jon, it's more fitting. Kons not really a boy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But why though? Superboy prime should stay as his own entity. And why wouldnt we want good Kon back?

BANNED

Somebody started a thread about Kon,and didn't message me? WTH,I'm the insane Kon fan,any talk of Kon,I want in.

Now for me I still think there is certain things about Kon that need to be apart of any version,so changing the new 52 version would be something that has to happen.

Wally is ONLY giving memories of this timelines past to ppl,not of pre flashpoint.so that means either it wouldn't do anything for Kon,OR it would show that Kon was actually a active hero BEFORE the 5 year whammy hit everyone.

I still think new 52 Kon is more Match than Kon easily,and can stay that way,cause to make nu Kon into a step in for pre Kon he would have to change his whole personality and attitude,have the lex/superman hybrid at Cadmus origin,and tactile telekinesis would be actual touchy again.thats a lot to change,but if DC is serious,that's what they will do.

You could do that by wiping Harvest from the timeline and just folding the past origin in instead.

I think when whatever big CHANGE hits the DCU during the big Geoff story,Kon would just wake up in a Cadmus clone pod buried deep in the bowels of the installation,and that would be the real Kon in everyway.

Course my idea Kon might not be yours,but I want Kon to be the result human achievement,while trying to create their own superman.lex would be the director of Cadmus,and use his DNA.i want him more naive,but very confident in himself,cause he knows what he was created to be.i would have him closer to lex than before,but always steadfast in his pursuit to being Earth's/humans superman.that dosent mean he would have a bad relationship with superman,just because he is around lex more doesn't mean he doesn't look up to him or admire superman,cause he idolizes him,he just sees things from both sides,and does his thing,his way.he would be 18-19,not 15-16,I want a young adult,but still a teen.his powers would be golden age/Luke cage level,with super senses that were scientifically possible,like hearing for a mile or 5,seeing the same,but not on another planet.thos would be his base physical form.he would also have TTK,which like the new 52 Kon was dependent on focus and conscious control.this TTK would let him be SUPER in strength,speed,durability,but also senses,cause he is connected to his environment and can read and perceive everything from it like a huge powerful antenna.he would find new cool ways to use it(like the original kesel version).This mix of powers would let him stand side by side with kryptonians,but also make him work for everything he does.there is 3 looks I would go for

The Titans of tomorrow suit would be without a cape,and with fingerless gloves.all 3 NEED his original black leather jacket with the sewn on looking yellow S on it.

He could be great again,or even better if DC wants him to be.

BANNED

Question-would ppl be alright with new 52 Kon coming back "AS IS",as in no change in origin,powers,personality?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Question-would ppl be alright with new 52 Kon coming back "AS IS",as in no change in origin,powers,personality?

OK,I'll.answer my own question...No.geoff tweaked stuff a lil bit more than I liked that's for sure back in 2002,but atleast Kon was still kon.new 52 Kon doesn't feel like kon,unless you think of him like a multiverse Kon,and not the DCU Earth's Kon.

Even if new 52 jon wiped himself out of existence,Harvest would still be around.jist say he wanted recreate and make better what lex created at Cadmus,which was Kon.simple as that.that would explain a lot of things, personality,powers,origin,even trying to take his place.

BANNED

maybe we will get a kon el who is cloned from Jon and he will take over Damian in supersons lol. It will be like wolverine laura and her little clone sister. Seriously though it may be an interesting twist if this time kon was lane/Kent hybrid human clone cloned from a single persons dna and if he is younger at first before being aged up Jon woukd have to look after hm and it would mirror the time he was the guardian of baby guardian in inverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    maybe we will get a kon el who is cloned from Jon and he will take over Damian in supersons lol. It will be like wolverine laura and her little clone sister. Seriously though it may be an interesting twist if this time kon was lane/Kent hybrid human clone cloned from a single persons dna and if he is younger at first before being aged up Jon woukd have to look after hm and it would mirror the time he was the guardian of baby guardian in inverse.

I would stay as far away as possible from being cloned from Jon myself,that's not what Kon was created to be,he was humans wanting their own Superman,not just wanting to clone supermans son,that takes all the uniqueness away from Kon,that doesn't help.

Just bring back the new 52 Kon and retcon all that Scott Lobdell nonsense.
    Erase all that horrendous backstory, make it like he always suppose to be, a Superman clone. Forget Harvest and all that crap.

Or make Mr Oz to kidnap pre flashpoint Kon, just like he did with Tim in Tec.

Also, let Bar Tor in the limbo (If anything he can be Inertia) and make a new introduction to the real Bart Allen as Impulse.

The only way to bring back Kon is to have Jon Kent be called Kid Superman.
    Last edited by Rod G; 02-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

How to bring back Kon?.....

.....Don't.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Or make Mr Oz to kidnap pre flashpoint Kon, just like he did with Tim in Tec.
    But . . . the Tim in Detective Comics that Mr. Oz nabbed wasn't the pre-Flashpoint version.
    (Or does he have multiple Tims in his clutches?)