Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

By the end of things, the New 52 Superboy was still a clone of Lois & Clark's son from the future wasn't he?

If they want to go back to the more widely known Superman clone with Lex Luthor DNA version then it would probably be best to start from scratch and introduce him as a new character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    By the end of things, the New 52 Superboy was still a clone of Lois & Clark's son from the future wasn't he?

If they want to go back to the more widely known Superman clone with Lex Luthor DNA version then it would probably be best to start from scratch and introduce him as a new character.
    No need,do.ome of these 3 things
    - erase Harvest,without him Kon would probably be lex's clone
    - have him.wake up in a Cadmus pod after being there for years.do this AFTER Geoff's big story,so it would.be pre.flashpoint Kon with his memory and history
    -Have Oz snatch pre flashpoint Kon like he did doomsday and lock him up,so.later he can escape

No need for a new Kon,even though I would absolutely tweak the **** out of any Kon we get in the future

I've been giving this alot of thought as to how to bring him back. Ideally it'd be the pre flashpoint Kon but I don't think that will happen. Seeing as how Wally isn't fully the pre flashpoint version but close to it (Wally and Lilith, no kids, etc), I'd wager Kon would be something like that. However, Tim is the new 52 version. Not the pre flashpoint version. I'd wager that if he does come back, it'd be the new 52 version but he'd take on certain aspects of the pre flashpoint version. First and foremost is the personality. If they'd make him behave more like 90's version or a hybrid of his 90's personality with a bit of his YJ season 2 version I'd be able to accept that as is. Really I'm just desperate for the character to return and changing that at least makes him bearable. We saw a bit of that during Kudor's run with Kon acting calm and happy. It was amazing just how much of an improvement that was. So much that I was able to overlook the complicated backstory. Second thing is Harvest. If it were up to me, I'd say that Harvest wasn't real but a corrupted VR simulation created by Kon's creators to enable plausible deniability for the apprehension of youthful metahumans for study. NOWHERE is a secret cabal within Cadmus that contracted Lex to create another Super clone spear headed by General Sam Lane who's the government liaison. Jon was the first attempt and Kon was the second and successful one. Page one, Kon is in a pod at Cadmus with what starts with Harvest's image but quickly changes to General Sam Lane with possibly Lex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I've been giving this alot of thought as to how to bring him back. Ideally it'd be the pre flashpoint Kon but I don't think that will happen. Seeing as how Wally isn't fully the pre flashpoint version but close to it (Wally and Lilith, no kids, etc), I'd wager Kon would be something like that. However, Tim is the new 52 version. Not the pre flashpoint version. I'd wager that if he does come back, it'd be the new 52 version but he'd take on certain aspects of the pre flashpoint version. First and foremost is the personality. If they'd make him behave more like 90's version or a hybrid of his 90's personality with a bit of his YJ season 2 version I'd be able to accept that as is. Really I'm just desperate for the character to return and changing that at least makes him bearable. We saw a bit of that during Kudor's run with Kon acting calm and happy. It was amazing just how much of an improvement that was. So much that I was able to overlook the complicated backstory. Second thing is Harvest. If it were up to me, I'd say that Harvest wasn't real but a corrupted VR simulation created by Kon's creators to enable plausible deniability for the apprehension of youthful metahumans for study. NOWHERE is a secret cabal within Cadmus that contracted Lex to create another Super clone spear headed by General Sam Lane who's the government liaison. Jon was the first attempt and Kon was the second and successful one. Page one, Kon is in a pod at Cadmus with what starts with Harvest's image but quickly changes to General Sam Lane with possibly Lex.
    I can live with that.... Almost.If we are using the new 52 Kon then he needs a LOT more kesel and Weissman Kon added to make him feel like kon

Extraordinary Member

I've been giving this alot of thought as to how to bring him back. Ideally it'd be the pre flashpoint Kon but I don't think that will happen. Seeing as how Wally isn't fully the pre flashpoint version but close to it (Wally and Lilith, no kids, etc), I'd wager Kon would be something like that. However, Tim is the new 52 version. Not the pre flashpoint version. I'd wager that if he does come back, it'd be the new 52 version but he'd take on certain aspects of the pre flashpoint version.
    I think Abnett said that he plans to have Wally remember his children. Anyway, I think we need to start looking at this from a new angle: there is no difference between the New 52 versions of the characters and they're pre-Flashpoint counterparts. In other words, in each case, they aren't two separate beings. S, I think that if we bring back Kon, we can bring him back remembering N52 adventures and as time goes on, after Rebirth officially runs its course, he can remember his Pre-Flashpoint adventures too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I think Abnett said that he plans to have Wally remember his children. Anyway, I think we need to start looking at this from a new angle: there is no difference between the New 52 versions of the characters and they're pre-Flashpoint counterparts. In other words, in each case, they aren't two separate beings. S, I think that if we bring back Kon, we can bring him back remembering N52 adventures and as time goes on, after Rebirth officially runs its course, he can remember his Pre-Flashpoint adventures too.
    I totally agree with you about every DCU character,BESIDES Kon,why? Because he is actually created totally different,he is a clone of Jon with added parents on top of that,while.pre Kon was lex/Kal and that's it.different powers also.

You would have to find out he really wasn't a clone of jon,but the hybrid of pre times,and his powers would start to switch from full on Jean grey TK to YJ body and kesel TTK,keep some of the interesting points of new 52 TTK,but he can't be who he isn't

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I totally agree with you about every DCU character,BESIDES Kon,why? Because he is actually created totally different,he is a clone of Jon with added parents on top of that,while.pre Kon was lex/Kal and that's it.different powers also.

You would have to find out he really wasn't a clone of jon,but the hybrid of pre times,and his powers would start to switch from full on Jean grey TK to YJ body and kesel TTK,keep some of the interesting points of new 52 TTK,but he can't be who he isn't
    Okay, well then I think the solution then is to do a Xorn/Magneto move. In other words, just reveal that New 52 Kon isn't really the Kon-El we know, but a second clone and reveal that Pre-Flashpoint Kon has been locked up in the tower at Mr. Oz's all this time.

Oh so they might be coming back? That's awesome! Loosing Jai and Iris was tough. Kon on the other hand is a different being though. He's a clone of Jon Kent with added dna strands from his parents Kal and Lois.

Okay, well then I think the solution then is to do a Xorn/Magneto move. In other words, just reveal that New 52 Kon isn't really the Kon-El we know, but a second clone and reveal that Pre-Flashpoint Kon has been locked up in the tower at Mr. Oz's all this time.
    Ahh you already responded to that. Ignore what I wrote regarding Kon. That would be the simplest thing to do. I guess like what Stephens said and make him Match. Since he's a clone too, he could also be referenced as Kon-El (well the new 52 explanation anyway). Although there could be some interesting stories since the new 52 version is kinda like Jon's "older" brother. A part of me wants to see how Lois reacts to this.

BANNED

Ahh you already responded to that. Ignore what I wrote regarding Kon. That would be the simplest thing to do. I guess like what Stephens said and make him Match. Since he's a clone too, he could also be referenced as Kon-El (well the new 52 explanation anyway). Although there could be some interesting stories since the new 52 version is kinda like Jon's "older" brother. A part of me wants to see how Lois reacts to this.
    He is Match in my head,and he could stay around as Harvests puppet trying to kill superman or his family.

He even has powers that are more advanced than what Kon has,which is how the original Match was.

Extraordinary Member

While I would like Kon back, I'm really enjoying Jon as Superboy so far. If bringing him back means losing Jon or even Jon losing the name Superboy, I'd honestly just rather not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I would like Kon back, I'm really enjoying Jon as Superboy so far. If bringing him back means losing Jon or even Jon losing the name Superboy, I'd honestly just rather not.

Why would.it? 2 totally different characters at 2 totally different times in their lives.their stories are so.radically.differmet from each other,I don't understand why ppl still say this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With Super Sons coming out and Jon being the counterpoint to Damian, I just don't see DC getting rid of Jon even if Kon returns.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    With Super Sons coming out and Jon being the counterpoint to Damian, I just don't see DC getting rid of Jon even if Kon returns.

AND THEY SHOULDNT,1 has nothing to do with the other,just keep that in the back of your mind always

Extraordinary Member

Oh so they might be coming back? That's awesome! Loosing Jai and Iris was tough. Kon on the other hand is a different being though. He's a clone of Jon Kent with added dna strands from his parents Kal and Lois.
    They might be. Abnett had this to say:

"I think Wally doesn't remember everything yet, and I think it would almost put too much of a strain on him and Linda if there was this potential of not just a relationship being broken but of a whole family being lost," Titans writer Abnett, who has been overseeing West's journey since Rebirth, told ComicBook.com. "I've deliberately downplayed that. However, I do think that's the sort of thing that will come back to him as things progresss. I think there are opportunities coming up pretty soon where he will see more of what he's lost and the implications of that. I just wanted to take it a step at a time, really."
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/06/d...r-having-kids/

So, maybe Wally doesn't remember them yet. He's been more so focused on how he's lost his marriage thanks to "whoever" messed with time. But Abnett says he plans to have Wally regain more and more memories of his Pre-Flashpoint life as time goes on, and I think that is going to play a BIG part of how Rebirth eventually shakes out.