Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Default Most menacing threats in fiction

sometimes, a character says a threat that's so hardcore, so chilling, and so utterly badass that it sends a shiver down your spine. so what are some of the most menacing threats you've heard in fiction?

here's one from jack reacher. the bad guys kidnap his love interest. when he finds out, he calls them and then repeatedly hangs up on them to prove a point. then he calls one last time and says this:

"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. I'm a drifter with nothing to lose. Now you killed that girl to put me in a frame. I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot. Now, this is how it's gonna work. You're gonna give me the address and I'll be along when I am damn good and ready. If she doesn't answer the phone when I call this number, if I even think you've hurt her, I disappear. And if you're smart, that scares you, because I'm in your blind spot and I have nothing better to do."

Astonishing Member

"Is this gonna be our time?"

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

John Wick: Viggo.
    Viggo Tarasov: Yeah?
    John Wick: When Helen died, I lost everything. Until that dog arrived on my doorstep... A final gift from my wife... In that moment, I received some semblance of hope... an opportunity to grieve unalone... And your son... took that from me.
    Viggo Tarasov: Oh, God.
    John Wick: Stole that from me... *Killed that from me*! People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back. So you can either hand over your son or you can die screaming alongside him!

This entire scene from Mission Impossible 3. Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing.

Astonishing Member

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I'm not sure if this counts, exactly, but I live it. A decent, if silly, strength feat too.

And since we're talking about Wolverine:

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    This entire scene from Mission Impossible 3. Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing.
    I remember getting so angry with him that I wanted to pull him out of the screen and punch him in the face.

And then I realized that that's all because Philip Seymour Hoffman just completely sold that character all the way.

To me, he's probably the best villain in the entire franchise.

I looooove how ominous and dark that scene is, especially since it's so uncharacteristic of the entire Dragon Ball franchise.

Raoh. Hokuto no Ken.

Even as a "good" guy, he was menacing as hell.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Raoh. Hokuto no Ken.

Even as a "good" guy, he was menacing as hell.
    not menacing people. menacing threats.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Westley's "to the pain" speech.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Marcellus Wallace's speech just before the "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." exchange. Just the mention of pliers and blow-torch.