Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

The Doctor: [to Ashildr] Fix this. Fix it now.
    Ashildr: It's not possible. I— I can't.
    The Doctor: Yes, it is. You can, and you will, or this street will be over. I'll show you and all your funny little friends to the whole laughing world. I'll bring UNIT, I'll bring the Zygons. Give me a minute, I’ll bring the Daleks and the Cybermen. You will save Clara, and you will do it now, or I will rain hell on you for the rest of time!
    Clara: Doctor, stop talking like that.
    Ashildr: You can't.
    The Doctor: I can do whatever the hell I like. You read the stories. You know who I am! And in all that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me?
    Ashildr: I know the Doctor. The Doctor would nev—
    The Doctor: The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me! And I will end you and everything you love.

BANNED

Might not be the most menacing, but DAMN this classic is worth mentioning now that there's the opportunity for it:

..."ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US."

Kurama(to Kaito after the latter threatens to destroy the captured souls of his friends): "I'm warning you: If you so much as bruise what you hold in your hands, I'll show you PAIN. The hue of your soul will cease to matter because you will not be judged when you die. You will no longer exist."
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    The Doctor: [to Ashildr] Fix this. Fix it now.
    Ashildr: It's not possible. I— I can't.
    The Doctor: Yes, it is. You can, and you will, or this street will be over. I'll show you and all your funny little friends to the whole laughing world. I'll bring UNIT, I'll bring the Zygons. Give me a minute, I’ll bring the Daleks and the Cybermen. You will save Clara, and you will do it now, or I will rain hell on you for the rest of time!
    Clara: Doctor, stop talking like that.
    Ashildr: You can't.
    The Doctor: I can do whatever the hell I like. You read the stories. You know who I am! And in all that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me?
    Ashildr: I know the Doctor. The Doctor would nev—
    The Doctor: The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me! And I will end you and everything you love.
    By that rationale....

Rory: [dressed in Roman Centurion garb] I have a message and a question. A message from the Doctor, and a question from me: *Where* *is* *my* *wife*?
    [the Cybermen stare at him, saying nothing]
    Rory: [walking into the room] Oh, don't give me those blank looks. The Twelfth Cyber Legion monitors this entire quadrant. You hear everything. So you tell me what I need to know. You tell me now, and I'll be on my way.
    [Rory stops in front of an observation window]
    Cyber Leader: What is the Doctor's message?
    [outside, the fleet begins exploding, startling the Cybermen]
    Rory: [unfazed] Would you like me to repeat the question?

Road House. During the fight scene, Jimmy feels the need to let Dalton in on how he spent some of his time in prison.

A threat is one thing. Offering up that tidbit during a fight is another notch up on "Menacing". It's pretty screws loose.

It's also worth noting that some of the most menacing stuff isn't always spoken.

Take Marked For Death.

The scene where they show up to display Screwface's severed head only to have Screwface seemingly turn up alive and kill Charles?

That is menacing. The aftermath of that scene is nuts.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go."

john rambo. "first blood"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Possibly the best Lucifer to see the silver screen and he only had a moment of screen time.
    Such a simple threat but perfectly delivered.
    Both of them actually.
    I knew exactly which one this would be before I tapped the links. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Darkseid in Final Crisis had some good quotes.

"I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!"

"You turned your back and I wrecked your world. I robbed your people of their powers, their hopes, their future, themselves. What will you do when your friends, your enemies, your lover, are all Darkseid? When there is one body. One mind. One will. One life that is Darkseid. Will you be the enemy of all existence, then? What irony that will be, Son of Krypton."

3 pages and no one mentioned the Taken phone call ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

all about that smile at the end lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sometimes, a character says a threat that's so hardcore, so chilling, and so utterly badass that it sends a shiver down your spine. so what are some of the most menacing threats you've heard in fiction?

here's one from jack reacher. the bad guys kidnap his love interest. when he finds out, he calls them and then repeatedly hangs up on them to prove a point. then he calls one last time and says this:

"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. I'm a drifter with nothing to lose. Now you killed that girl to put me in a frame. I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot. Now, this is how it's gonna work. You're gonna give me the address and I'll be along when I am damn good and ready. If she doesn't answer the phone when I call this number, if I even think you've hurt her, I disappear. And if you're smart, that scares you, because I'm in your blind spot and I have nothing better to do."
    Gotta love Tom Cruise. He's one of the most intense action actors to ever work Hollywood.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I knew exactly which one this would be before I tapped the links. ^_^
    He is soo good!
    I wish he would have played a full movie as Lucifer. Or a series.

This was a threat that was fulfilled

The Doctor is just so eminently quotable:

“Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules.

The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.”