BANNED

Default Destruction of Xanshi and its impact

Xanshi was a planetoid located in Space Sector 1313 with a diverse range of sentient life. One of its members, Reever, attracted the attention of the Guardians of the Universe who selected him to serve in the Green Lantern Corps. The world remained afterwards in obscurity but eventually became an important locqtion in cosmic odyssey when it is destroyed. Do you feel that its destruction had a significant impact apart from in a few storylines involving green lanterns or do you feel that the destruction of Xansi was as obscure a event as its creation?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's been a recurring plot point in Green Lantern for decades, but hasn't really come up outside of that franchise as far as I know...

Amazing Member

Green lantern: Mosaic turned me into a lifetime John Stewart fan. Making his penance after Cosmic Odyssey matured him as a character, and gave him a different kind of depth than Hal Jordan. Fatality turning into his #1 rogue was also a good outcome, and she has appeared in the larger DC continuity, in addition to her story in the GL titles.

Xanshi is just as big a part of the greater universe as Rann or Cronos. Important to the book it is based in. Since it was not a Superman or Batman focused story, it's relegated to a corner, not every planet becomes Warworld or Apokolips.

Extraordinary Member

Outside of John Stewart & Fatality, no one really have much to say about the doomed world.

I think the destruction of Coast City, and Bludhaven had more impact.

And you could say the same when Topeka was nuked, it really hit home for Superman, and for everyone really since that was the beginning of a huge war.