Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
I get what you're saying. You aren't happy with the history that the current stories are built on being changed and altered without explanation, but unfortunately that's what's happened here. At least in the exact way they were told before. Who's to say Blackest Night wasn't changed entirely anyway? It hasn't been revisited yet as far as I know. Just mentioned here and there. It obviously happened way differently to gel with the current timeline, but they're obviously avoiding getting too deep into details to avoid having to explain it.

Honestly dude, I understand your point and I get that you're frustrated about it. It's a pain in the ass when they come along and just wipe away continuity on a whim. Hopefully the New 52 thought them a much needed lesson about reboots.
I'm just saying that if DC wants to act as if these Pre-Flashpoint events are part of their continuity, then they have to at least reestablish the continuity that was needed to make them work, because in a lot of cases, the continuity as it stands can't support them in any recognizable form. That's why I think Rebirth likely will end in a lion's share of Pre-FP canon being reestablished. If only in order to have things like that make sense.