Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New SECRET EMPIRE Info

http://www.newsarama.com/33111-marve...-unveiled.html

Got a new batch of information regarding Secret Empire, including a fancy-looking cover!

HT-secret-empire1-cf-170209_2.jpg

Main takeaways:
    -Confirmed nine issues running till August
    -Issue #0 is "the worst day in the Marvel Universe"
    -All of the teams once again be coming together (including the Guardians somehow)
    Last edited by Inversed; 02-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

''Worst day in the Marvel Universe'' LOL. Haven't we had like a 100 of these ''worse days'' already? LOL. And as for it ''ending'' in August, I'll believe it when I see it after Civil War II. I'll have to think about whether or not I'll bother getting it or wait for trade. Does sound somewhat interesting at least.

Also, I know I'm coming across as somewhat cynical here but I do think the story sounds interesting it's just that the delays of Civil War II has made me very wary of getting event books especially now that I'm on a budget.

Anyhow, thanks for posting the info Inversed

- Same characters every. single. event. So sick of it. Do Marvel realize they have more than 15-20 characters?

- Scheduled to end in August. Aka. October earliest.

Waaait. Is that Johnny Storm? What is he doing on a cover of an event where only selected high profile, extremely important, very very popular, the biggest marvel characters can be?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Waaait. Is that Johnny Storm? What is he doing on a cover of an event where only selected high profile, extremely important, very very popular, the biggest marvel characters can be?
    ...So are you saying your previous post about not utilizing other characters may be mistaken?

I HATE events!
    I LOVE Mcniven artwork!

Nine issues? I have a feeling this is going be delayed, though at least having all these artists attached makes it look like Marvel's prepared for that .

Huh, Spider-Man is once again front-and-center in promotional material for this event. I wonder if there's a reason for that, and a reason why it's Peter instead of Miles given the HydraCap vision?

I also wonder if HydraSteve's face turning into Red Skull's is either symbolic of his leading Hydra or that Skull will still be around?

Is it wrong that I want the Guardians to stay out of Earth events?

Spectacular Member

Nothing against Spider-Man, but it's pretty stupid to have him in the middle of this art... It should be Sam Wilson and Winter Soldier together or something.

It doesn't even look like Sam Wilson or Winter Soldier have much going on in this arc, when they should have some POV in it all.

Easy pass if the focus characters are the ones in the cover.

I'm tired of Carol, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Inhumans and Bendis' pet characters every damn event.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Nothing against Spider-Man, but it's pretty stupid to have him in the middle of this art... It should be Sam Wilson and Winter Soldier together or something.

It doesn't even look like Sam Wilson or Winter Soldier have much going on in this arc, when they should have some POV in it all.
    And that's twice in a row that Spidey's right in front of Secret Empire art. Is he going to be the lead in this or main POV? That would be a first for an event.

I imagine Sam and Bucky will still tie-in to this in their respective books, and I can't see Spencer not giving Sam his due (it's not like he's Scott Lang).

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    ...So are you saying your previous post about not utilizing other characters may be mistaken?
    One character out of 10+ doesn't really change a thing.

Wake me up when these event covers uses Drax or Gamora instead of Star-Lord or Rocket for once

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    - Same characters every. single. event. So sick of it. Do Marvel realize they have more than 15-20 characters?

- Scheduled to end in August. Aka. October earliest.
    Man, I totally agree with you. It would have made more sense if it was Sam Wilson and the Winter Soldier back to back in fighting poses like they were surrounded or something.

If this is a Steve Rogers focused book, then some of his cast should be front and center.

I only just noticed this, but it looks like Tony is already out of his coma by issue 1.

I'll be honest though, I don't mind that it's an entire Marvel Universe event because Nick Spencer in my opinion has actually done a pretty great job at just showing how big his story is gonna get while also telling a pretty intriguing series of events that has been setting this all up and I can't wait to see what happens and the aftermath of it all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I only just noticed this, but it looks like Tony is already out of his coma by issue 1.

I'll be honest though, I don't mind that it's an entire Marvel Universe event because Nick Spencer in my opinion has actually done a pretty great job at just showing how big his story is gonna get while also telling a pretty intriguing series of events that has been setting this all up and I can't wait to see what happens and the aftermath of it all.
    It's really hard to tell Tony and Riri apart sometimes given how similar their armors are, but I'm betting that's probably Riri.

Seems too soon to bring Tony back.

Why does Storm have her pre-Resurrexion costume and mohawk?