Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Janet Van Dyne? (I'm mostly joking) guess we'll find out soon enough I guess.
    I guess Cross could have gotten out of prison. but he doesn't seem to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by pokany View Post
    imo it would be this kind of 2-arc (spoil for people who didn't read Cap or CW2):
    spoilers:
    1- Hydra-Cap get rid of Red Skrull and his Hydra faction, manipulate everyone to find Kobik by distracting them by an orchestred invasion
    2- too late when everyone discovered the hydracap secret, he uses kobik to rewrite reality we are now in "house of m"-like dystopian world where the Secret Empire/Steve Hydra took over everything, only bucky/zemo/wilson/miles(choose your contender lol) remember how was the world and they're in a quest to find Kobik, in this world happens the infamous scene where Miles kills Steve
    end of spoilers
    If I had to guess what will happen, it's that Cap will fully reveal himself to be Hydra in the first issue, probably in a very similar way to the Hydra reveal in The Winter Soldier movie, leaving most of the heroes to hide underground somewhere, where they must find a way to take him down, while Cap gets his own team he either forces to join him, or they already choose to. Almost certainly will culminate in a Steve Vs. Sam battle.

(Joke guess to how Steve returns to normal: Someone hits him on the head and he snaps out of it)

I could see Kobik sort of pushing the reset button on a number of heroes/villains

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    (Joke guess to how Steve returns to normal: Someone hits him on the head and he snaps out of it)
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I could see Kobik sort of pushing the reset button on a number of heroes/villains
    Yeah, I've seen this guess before and I actually think it's a good guess at least in terms of getting Steve back to normal if nothing else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Four artists for a 9 issues mini series. That is just stupid. Nothing takes me out of a story faster than when the art shifts so drastically from issue to issue. It is worse when the issues are collected in trade.
    It's very possible that the multiple artists are not doing full individual issues but instead are working on the same issues but are being utilized to depict different aspects and POV's. I think that would be interesting.

Either way, given the artists involved I expect I'm not going to be unhappy with how this looks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, there's two Iron Men in that art? Only one can be Ironheart, the other is either Tony or a AI.
    It looks like Tony's face inside piloting the armor. I doubt they'd show that if it's the AI operating the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If I had to guess what will happen, it's that Cap will fully reveal himself to be Hydra in the first issue, probably in a very similar way to the Hydra reveal in The Winter Soldier movie, leaving most of the heroes to hide underground somewhere, where they must find a way to take him down, while Cap gets his own team he either forces to join him, or they already choose to. Almost certainly will culminate in a Steve Vs. Sam battle.

Lol, recalibration.

Ooh, and not just Sam. Make it both Sam&Bucky vs Steve. The two guys who took on the mantle of Captain America.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

No doubt kobik will play a key role over here and I won't be surprised if all the factions are attempting to take control of her but it would mean a rehash of pleasant hill and cw2 so maybe she won't be overtly involved. If Bendix was writing it no doubt kobik would have reverted everything as someone said and gone to a higher plane.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I really hope they give Carol Danvers captain marvel a significant role in the story of secret empire especially given her role in civil war ii and the continued push and desire by marvel to make her their flagship female superhero I want every character on the cover art to have their moment to really stand out in the story.

I also hope Maria hill makes an appearance in the story.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 02-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Lol, recalibration.

Ooh, and not just Sam. Make it both Sam&Bucky vs Steve. The two guys who took on the mantle of Captain America.
    I think it would probably take the two of them together to take an evil version of Steve down.

Also, "Superior Soldier?" Is that the first they've used that descriptor for HydraCap?

All-New Member

The retcon editorial button that marvel always wish to have

"and now we use kobik to change the statu-quo bring back all the Characters (original thor, original iron-man,original hulk, original F4) and the Spider-man marriage back for the next Relaunch Marvel Rebirth #HouseOfIdea "

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I would like for them to wait let Jason Aaron finish his story with Jane as Thor before we even think about her stepping down since it basically is his story that he started all the way back in original sin that we're seeing continuously explored in the mighty Thor and unworthy Thor so if Jane ever stops being Thor I think Jason Aaron needs to be the one who gives us that story.

I really hope this won't go down to resetting everything AGAIN. Much rather them find a story reasoning to why things decide to change instead of basically just someone pushing a button to undo or change everything.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    No doubt kobik will play a key role over here and I won't be surprised if all the factions are attempting to take control of her but it would mean a rehash of pleasant hill and cw2 so maybe she won't be overtly involved. If Bendis was writing it no doubt kobik would have reverted everything as someone said and gone to a higher plane.
    That's what will happen to Steve at the end of all this

Someone mentioned that the Uncanny Avengers might not be featured much in that event and it made me think:
    Steve was teased to try and murder Clint in Occupy Avengers at some point this year. Maybe Cap will take out some of the Teams beforehand with the event focusing on the big guns.

Just a guess.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Someone mentioned that the Uncanny Avengers might not be featured much in that event and it made me think:
    Steve was teased to try and murder Clint in Occupy Avengers at some point this year. Maybe Cap will take out some of the Teams beforehand with the event focusing on the big guns.

Just a guess.
    Well I believe that Steve has also been confirmed to appear in US Avengers, although I have a feeling that it's just that Steve's plan involves taking down the entirety of the Superhero community.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.