Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wondering if they are going to do a switcheroo with Gwen and Spider-Gwen, put the normal one in the alternate universe and have Spider-Gwen be in the 616 from now on.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wondering if they are going to do a switcheroo with Gwen and Spider-Gwen, put the normal one in the alternate universe and have Spider-Gwen be in the 616 from now on.
    Considering the reported direction of the new animated series, that could very well happen.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

wonder if jean gets to survive or she dies in action unlike her last ignonimous death.

Incredible Member

Thank goodness. Three more consecutive weeks and this story is done. Now maybe some of the vocal fans here will calm down and find new things to complain about with the next story. Seriously...five long months of complaining. I'm usually Pro Dan Slott, but this went on too long and the fans complain too much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Thank goodness. Three more consecutive weeks and this story is done. Now maybe some of the vocal fans here will calm down and find new things to complain about with the next story. Seriously...five long months of complaining. I'm usually Pro Dan Slott, but this went on too long and the fans complain too much.
    Is there a good synopsis to this point out there yet? I read a few - mostly out of "yay! Clones *cry*" curiosity and it didn't really stick ...

I'd honestly prefer to reD an outline of the major plot points -

Normally don't have this much free time, Read earlier they did something with 121 I'm interested about...

Curious to see how far they'll go without going all the way ... just keep unraveling 121 all together... Think all that remains of the original is she's still dead, and it's still takes place in New York

Not yet at least. April's solicit:

SPIDER-GWEN #19
    JASON LATOUR (w) • ROBBI RODRIGUEZ (a/C)
    RESURRXION VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    A NEW STORY ARC BEGINS! Matt Murdock, crime kingpin of NY and leader of The Hand, sends Spider-Gwen on a mission that hits WAY too close to home. This mission will introduce one of the biggest new characters in the Gweniverse and set Gwen on the path to her scariest villain yet!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I don't think you could really insert Spider-Gwen into 616 like you could Miles (and even that had it's issues).

Her supporting cast and world is more dependent on her universe and it's AU versions of classic supporting characters then Miles' was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think you could really insert Spider-Gwen into 616 like you could Miles (and even that had it's issues).

Her supporting cast and world is more dependent on her universe and it's AU versions of classic supporting characters then Miles' was.
    Miles borrowed some of Ult. Peter's supporting cast (MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, Jessica Drew, Nick Fury, and Bombshell).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Miles borrowed some of Ult. Peter's supporting cast (MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, Jessica Drew, Nick Fury, and Bombshell).
    I know, but he also had quite a few original characters like his parents and Ganke (plus Lana being an Ultimate universe original) that got brought over with him.

I don't think there's anyone in Gwen's cast who doesn't have a 616 equivalent.

I know, but he also had quite a few original characters like his parents and Ganke (plus Lana being an Ultimate universe original) that got brought over with him.

I don't think there's anyone in Gwen's cast who doesn't have a 616 equivalent.
    Does the Bodega Bandit have a 616 equivalent?

How would that work though? And what reasoning would there be for having Clone Gwen to take Spider-Gwen's place? She almost certainly wouldn't do it anyway.

Besides, unlike Miles who remained in his universe the whole time up until Secret Wars, Gwen has her super watch where she can travel to whatever universe whenever she wants, so her living on another Earth is more like just living on another continent at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    How would that work though? And what reasoning would there be for having Clone Gwen to take Spider-Gwen's place? She almost certainly wouldn't do it anyway.

Besides, unlike Miles who remained in his universe the whole time up until Secret Wars, Gwen has her super watch where she can travel to whatever universe whenever she wants, so her living on another Earth is more like just living on another continent at this point.
    Ahem ... Super watch?! Inter dimensional travel ?

Boy the Spiderverse has come a long way from fighting gangsters in back allies for Bugle pics ...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Ahem ... Super watch?! Inter dimensional travel ?

Boy the Spiderverse has come a long way from fighting gangsters in back allies for Bugle pics to make rent and win the girl

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Could just kill her Universe off and just bring back her Dad with her. It's more-or-less what they did with Miles LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Could just kill her Universe off and just bring back her Dad with her. It's more-or-less what they did with Miles LOL.
    And then re-build her supporting cast back from square one .

Not sure how the universe would adjust to having another George and Gwen Stacy thrown into it.