Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And then re-build her supporting cast back from square one .

Not sure how the universe would adjust to having another George and Gwen Stacy thrown into it.
    Considering that the clone George and Gwen will most likely die in Clone Conspiracy, at least IMO they will, I'm sure it'll be fine, the only part of the Universe where there'll be any real adjustment would be in the ASM books

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

My guess is George will 100% die, Gwen about 80%, if she survives people will think that she died and will be devastated. Also Gwen will be moved off book for a while and be forced to live somewhere else as to not alarm the rest of the world since everyone knows her to be dead.( I was referring to the 616 universe obviously)

I like Gwen as a character, hoping Marvel doesn't just use her as a plotdevice. After rereading my post I realized it might have not been clear from the post itself.
    Figured I should clarify. English is not my first language if it wasn't obvius
    Last edited by SilverSpider; 02-11-2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Just finished a "Preview Review" of Clone Conspiracy #5, and I have to say, I think Mark Bagely's variant would be perfect for the cover of tradepaper backs. As for the pages previewed, well...

Preview Review: Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy #5
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

I don't blame completely Ben for what he's doing in the preview. I mean, he's insane, but it was the Jackal who turned him insane. Honestly, how would you feel after being killed and resurrected so many times? I highly doubt there's one single mind able to remain sanity after that.

Spectacular Member

I'm just hoping it's miles warren in a Ben Reilly clone body and the real Ben Reilly smashes his way out of a cloning tube to redeem his character and stop the evil miles warren.

Incredible Member

I'm surprised that what is shown in the preview seems like a tipping point for people. I mean Ben is doing what Spider-Man/Peter Parker is known to do; use humour in tense situations.

Slott previously showed in Before Dead No More that Spider-Man's sense of humour can sometimes come off callous and uncaring to people he's rescuing when he rescued the Parker Industries worker before he pointed out that it was distracting him from the dangerous situation they were both in. To me this is just Ben trying to reassure people that even if they die he'll bring them back which is crazy from his perspective completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I'm just hoping it's miles warren in a Ben Reilly clone body and the real Ben Reilly smashes his way out of a cloning tube to redeem his character and stop the evil miles warren.
    I doubt that but I can see Ben doing a heroic act. Certainly the next issue of Amazing looks like he'll be protecting an unconscious Peter Parker from the real Jackal. I wouldn't be surprised if he died and the version of Ben we see in the Scarlet Spider series is Ben 28.
    Last edited by Orbus; 02-12-2017 at 06:58 AM.

I'm just sick to death of clones. For the Spider-Man world it's become their "Department H/Weapon X" creative well/crutch to pump dry. There's "always" going to be another clone hanging out somewhere who "wasn't mentioned" and is possibly "more powerful" than whomever.
    I don't relate to this narrative at all, so I'm extremely lukewarm on whatever its resolution is going to be.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm just sick to death of clones. For the Spider-Man world it's become their "Department H/Weapon X" creative well/crutch to pump dry. There's "always" going to be another clone hanging out somewhere who "wasn't mentioned" and is possibly "more powerful" than whomever.
    I don't relate to this narrative at all, so I'm extremely lukewarm on whatever its resolution is going to be.
    Bravo, nicely done friend.

As I always say, with a few notable exceptions -

Just say no to clones.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm just sick to death of clones. For the Spider-Man world it's become their "Department H/Weapon X" creative well/crutch to pump dry.
    Except, how many years were clones off limits in Spidey books? That's never been the case of Weapon X.

-Pav, who's glad Ben is back...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

who is this more powerful unmentioned clone in cc?
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Well, luckily you have other books aimed for for you.

BANNED

@t Orbus,

I think the reason this preview doesn`t set me off is that. I already know Ben is supposed to be the antagonist here, or one of, in case Warren comes out of the curtain for the finale, but it doesn`t surprise me one bit, regardless. That right down the throath humor is something I can relate as a Sagittarius man

Besides, in terms of narrative, Ben can bring them all back. It makes sense within the same that he`s frivalous regarding the matters of death and ethics in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    who is this more powerful unmentioned clone in cc?
    My guess would be Spidercide but that remains to be seen.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

That Mark Bagley cover is awesome. As for the preview, it looks good, and I can't wait to read this issue.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Spectacular Member

can't wait for this issue so I can see hopefully that this ben reilly is just a fraud and the real ben reilly is in another tube waiting to be released