Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is cute. It's great seeing more Dick/Wally interactions, and while I don't expect this romance to last long, Shawn is a fairly likeable character and I'm up for seeing it play out.

Bohemian San Francisco is better than what it was before: Discount Gotham. It got nuked and nobody cared, there was nowhere to go but up.
    Says you, I cared.

At least old Bludhaven had some bite, or mystique, or character to it.

Seely's version is a millennial hell.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dick_wingnut View Post
    Says you, I cared.

It didn't have any bite or atmosphere that Gotham wasn't already doing, and doing much, much better.

I so dont care about stupid romances, shit is borning.

Also hate that Seely has turned once dark dank gnarly Bludhaven into Bohemian San Francisco.

I expect Nightwing to give up crime fighting and announce his new mobile app startup.
    Oh come one, this issue comes out the day after Valentines day . And its not Burnside (not that there is anything wrong with Burnside).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-10-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Says you, I cared.

Bite, briefly some character. It never had mystique, it was just new for a while.

I'm one of the ones who doesn't like Bludhaven, but I'm always a sucker for these more down to Earth/relaxed issues in books. Looks like a fun issue with some ominous countdown going on in the background.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Nothing wrong with a little Romance
    I like the Dick/Shawn relationship and it's always good to see Dick and Wally should be good. Wonder what the countdown is about.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Says you, I cared.

I disagree. Old Bludhaven was just a more corrupt and darker Gotham knockoff. There was no mystique in that and very little character either. It was for all intents and purposes Gotham only nastier. Not that I like the new one much better then the old. The corruption is still there but now there's a garish new paint job trying to hide it. Frankly I've always hated the idea of Dick being tied to a city. The guy spent his childhood growing up in a traveling circus so I always sort of felt like it made more sense for him to be the one Bat character that traveled the world or even the universe giving people whatever help they needed.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I hope that counter is not the death knell for Dick and Shawn. It's nice to see Dick in a happy relationship. Wally is adorable in this. I'd love an issue with both him and Midnighter.

Between this and Super Sons, it's going to be a good week. I can't wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I hope that counter is not the death knell for Dick and Shawn. It's nice to see Dick in a happy relationship. Wally is adorable in this. I'd love an issue with both him and Midnighter.
    I want a whole series with those 2. Between Titans and YJ Season 3 I'm satisfied though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I am so excited for this.

Wally is perfect, although the countdown (X days ago) makes me think Dick is going to screw it up somehow.
    Ladies are perfectly capable of screwing up their relationships, too--it doesn't HAVE to be Dick's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ladies are perfectly capable of screwing up their relationships, too--it doesn't HAVE to be Dick's fault.
    i agree with this. I think personally that ShawnxDick is just something that wont work out due to how different not onyl their personal selves are, but also how different their super lives are. I think itd be a nice change to see for once how Dick is not the problem. this is an interesting plot point id like to see and definitely would be a development into his character. I may not want Dick and Shawn to date, but i would love to see more about them as friends. I think Dick is perfectly capable of having female friends without having sex or romance attached to it and i guess i was hoping that was what Shawn was gonna be, but now we have this sorta forced relationship going on. Idk how i feel about Rebirth so far everything is so rushed its hard to latch on to the characters ): everything just feels out of place. I would have also loved to see this issue explore Dick possibly dating a normal citizen for once and see how that goes in a long term relationship!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    i agree with this. I think personally that ShawnxDick is just something that wont work out due to how different not onyl their personal selves are, but also how different their super lives are. I think itd be a nice change to see for once how Dick is not the problem. this is an interesting plot point id like to see and definitely would be a development into his character. I may not want Dick and Shawn to date, but i would love to see more about them as friends. I think Dick is perfectly capable of having female friends without having sex or romance attached to it and i guess i was hoping that was what Shawn was gonna be, but now we have this sorta forced relationship going on. Idk how i feel about Rebirth so far everything is so rushed its hard to latch on to the characters ): everything just feels out of place. I would have also loved to see this issue explore Dick possibly dating a normal citizen for once and see how that goes in a long term relationship!
    There's also the fact that she seems almost intentionally designed for readers to end up hating her and Dick being together. I'll give Seeley some credit if that turns out to be the case and their breakup is meant to make the reader happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    There's also the fact that she seems almost intentionally designed for readers to end up hating her and Dick being together. I'll give Seeley some credit if that turns out to be the case and their breakup is meant to make the reader happy.
    if this is the direction seeley is going im disappointed in the story telling. Shawn deserves so much more and they can do soo much more with exploring her character as a catwoman-esque character without having her have romantic ties to Dick (lets face it she technically is a mini catwoman no?) I just wanna see more of how Dick handles his personal life without the input who superheros or villains! I wanted that from rebirth to explore his relatinship with non supes, but for someone we get this rushed mess. I hope the next story arc with globe trotting Grayson is better. Also, i think his relationship with the run-offs is very awkward and weird lol he puts up with alot of stuff from them that he would normally not put up with from other characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    What? I'm not seeing what you are. There hasnt been anything to indicate that we are to hate them being together. Neither of them have been jerks or unhappy with each other at all. When the break up occurs, I could see them staying friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicgirl78 View Post
    if this is the direction seeley is going im disappointed in the story telling. Shawn deserves so much more and they can do soo much more with exploring her character as a catwoman-esque character without having her have romantic ties to Dick (lets face it she technically is a mini catwoman no?) I just wanna see more of how Dick handles his personal life without the input who superheros or villains! I wanted that from rebirth to explore his relatinship with non supes, but for someone we get this rushed mess. I hope the next story arc with globe trotting Grayson is better. Also, i think his relationship with the run-offs is very awkward and weird lol he puts up with alot of stuff from them that he would normally not put up with from other characters.
    Shawn doesnt want to be a criminal though, that separates her from Catwoman. Also I get what your saying about non superhero relationships, but I'm wary of them since they tend to be fleeting and boring or games of hiding/not hiding the secret identity. It gets old really quick.
    Last edited by Alycat; 02-10-2017 at 09:39 PM.