View Poll Results: It's Mother Panic VS Batwoman! Who will win?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mother Panic

0 0%
  • Batwoman

4 44.44%
  • Draw

5 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    There was no reason for the fight to get brutal. Batwoman wanted to talk, Mother Panic wanted to continue with her mission without the interruption.
    They'll probably have a rematch at some point anyway, if the Batfam still want to question her.
    The thing is, both characters have demonstrated that they're incredibly violent in fights. Violet chucks people around, slammed a man's face into asphalt, kicked a dude in the crotch, and wears spikes on her fists. Kate has crippled people or snapped their limbs even when she's not pissed at them. I get why this fight didn't go that far (injuries that haven't been referred to elsewhere, for instance), but it could've and not have been out-of-character for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    This book is really, really good. Violet's attitude towards the bats is amazing.

One thing I'm not quite sure of yet is if it's in continuity, or not. I gonna say no until something tells me yes.
    It is in continuity, like all the other Young Animal books. My best guess as to where this takes place timeline-wise is during the month between NotMM and the start of The Victim Syndicate.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-16-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The thing is, both characters have demonstrated that they're incredibly violent in fights. Violet chucks people around, slammed a man's face into asphalt, kicked a dude in the crotch, and wears spikes on her fists. Kate has crippled people or snapped people's limbs even when she's not pissed at them. I get why this fight didn't go that far (injuries that haven't been referred to elsewhere, for instance), but it could've and not have been out-of-character for either of them.

It is in continuity, like all the other Young Animal books.

I find that weird to have a mature title set in Gotham and in continuity, but I'm down.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

The thing is, both characters have demonstrated that they're incredibly violent in fights. Violet chucks people around, slammed a man's face into asphalt, kicked a dude in the crotch, and wears spikes on her fists. Kate has crippled people or snapped their limbs even when she's not pissed at them. I get why this fight didn't go that far (injuries that haven't been referred to elsewhere, for instance), but it could've and not have been out-of-character for either of them.
    When fighting villains. At this point they have no reason to be enemies, so no motivation to cause that level of harm to each other, they aren't ruthless for the sake of being ruthless.

Batwoman isn't going to put a new vigilante in the hospital - just because they got a bit hostile about not wanting to talk. I don't know much about Mother Panic's personality yet, but I doubt she's stupid enough to put a member of the Bat-family in hospital either, since there'd be at least some form of retaliation.

When fighting villains. At this point they have no reason to be enemies, so no motivation to cause that level of harm to each other, they aren't ruthless for the sake of being ruthless.

Batwoman isn't going to put a new vigilante in the hospital - just because they got a bit hostile about not wanting to talk. I don't know much about Mother Panic's personality yet, but I doubt she's stupid enough to put a member of the Bat-family in hospital either, since there'd be at least some form of retaliation.
    A fight's a fight, especially in this case where Batwoman wasn't the aggressor.

Kate knew who Batgirl was (at least, that she wasn't an enemy) when they first met and still beat the crap out of her. With an unknown quantity like Violet, going all out wouldn't be out of the question at all for her. You're right that Kate's not totally merciless, but she has no qualms about busting someone up good as a baseline.

Violet doesn't seem to have any fear or respect for Batman and his allies, so I doubt she'd care about retaliation.

Again, I'm fine with how the fight went down as written. But having it go further would've made sense, too.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-16-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why can't i get a Red Hood book like this. Im really digging this chick and her attitude.
    It would only be worth it if Office had the cojones to actually have him take down big names. Taking goons is something he can do during breakfest.

i`ve long enamorated the pitch of a Vertigo-esque, mature title for Jason taking down the streets, while RATHO would be his superheroing bigger operas within that worldview. Kind of like his down time away from Gotham and other heroes. This looks nice and Image is currently publishing Kill or to Be Killed which is a vigilante learning the ropes while he takes the sort of monsters in real life.

So RATHO can be more mainstream or a cross of it like dunno, Hitman, and that other urban vigilante title could be something like Unbreakable. People finding they`re meta and going awol, slave trade market rings, that sorta nasty stuff you see on the News that kind of don`t believe to begin with.

Kate knew who Batgirl was (at least, that she wasn't an enemy) when they first met and still beat the crap out of her. With an unknown quantity like Violet, going all out wouldn't be out of the question at all for her. You're right that Kate's not totally merciless, but she has no qualms about busting someone up good as a baseline.
    She gave her a nose-bleed and maybe a concussion.
    That's not really worse than what most other vigilantes would do to disable an opponent. Certainly not of the level of breaking bones or anything as extreme as that.

Violet doesn't seem to have any fear or respect for Batman and his allies, so I doubt she'd care about retaliation.

Again, I'm fine with how the fight went down as written. But having it go further would've made sense, too.
    Doesn't have to be a 'fear of', so much as not making more trouble than is worth it. If one of the Batfam greeting her is annoying to her, imagine how bad it'd be for her to be on bad terms with the rest of them, or just Batman is bad enough. They don't all have to be on good terms, but anything more than neutral could cause problems. There's no reason for her to aggravate them for saying hello, surely with how big the Batfam is in Gotham, for a new vigilante is practically a passage of rights.

Again, unless the both of them have absolutely no self-restraint, it doesn't make sense for them to go all out on a relative stranger just because one wants to chat and the other doesn't.

Mother Panic was showing, 'No, I'm not interested in your Bat-club. I'm no push-over. Go away and let me get on with my stuff. You don't bother me and I won't bother you.'

She gave her a nose-bleed and maybe a concussion.
    That's not really worse than what most other vigilantes would do to disable an opponent. Certainly not of the level of breaking bones or anything as extreme as that.
    ...yes. That's what I'm saying. Barbara gave up so Kate backed off.

Violet didn't, and was the one who started things anyway. It wouldn't have been unreasonable at all if Kate had tried kicking out one of her knees or something. The fact that she didn't is beside the point. She could've and it would've still made sense.

I rather get the impression this may have taken place during the 'Tec teams recruitment stage at the end of Victim Syndicate. Where Batman asks Batwoman to look for recruits and to ask Azrael and Harper. My guess is that may have been one of the main reasons for the approach. Otherwise Batman often seems to observe and figure-out who vigilantes are first before talking with them.

Since it was Batwoman who did the approaching (she seems to be allocated the recruiter role), I think she was looking for a possible recruit for the 'Tec team - which of course the audience knows Violet would be disgusted with the idea, but Kate doesn't know that. So if she's still hopeful of a new recruit - that would be another reason not to take things too far.

I rather get the impression this may have taken place during the 'Tec teams recruitment stage at the end of Victim Syndicate. Where Batman asks Batwoman to look for recruits and to ask Azrael and Harper. My guess is that may have been one of the main reasons for the approach. Otherwise Batman often seems to observe and figure-out who vigilantes are first before talking with them.

Since it was Batwoman who did the approaching (she seems to be allocated the recruiter role), I think she was looking for a possible recruit for the 'Tec team - which of course the audience knows Violet would be disgusted with the idea, but Kate doesn't know that. So if she's still hopeful of a new recruit - that would be another reason not to take things too far.
    Maybe, but there are quite a few things that work against that idea:

- Kate still has her buzzcut, as seen in issue #1.

- Neither Batman or Batwoman mention anything about recruiting Violet or even the possibility of it.

- They don't know if Violet is hostile or not. And even if she were totally friendly, she's an unknown quantity and a total greenhorn, unlike the other members of the team. They don't even know who she actually is.

- 'Tec #947, the issue where the recruitment stuff is mentioned, was released on December 28, and the original release date of Mother Panic #3 was January 25, meaning the script for #3 was finished long before that, before #947 came out (I know from his Twitter posts that Edwards had a physical script of the issue on November 27). I don't think it's likely that Houser and Tynion collabed to make a minor plot point like this mesh between their books, especially when Houser doesn't seem to have included it at all.
    Last edited by Caivu; 02-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.

I enjoyed the fight scene. I saw it as a sort of feeling out on Batwoman's side, with Violet just annoyed at Batwoman getting in her way and wasting her time. And yes, I just got this issue in a buy one get one free bin at my LCS.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...other-panic-3/