Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In May, WW Annual #1 (re)tells the first meeting between Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman set 10 years ago during Diana's "Year One". On the cover, Batman has his New 52 costume while Superman... no.

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1
    Written by GREG RUCKA and others—Art by NICOLA SCOTT, LIAM SHARP and others—Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    The world of the Amazing Amazon expands in a collection of short stories that take Wonder Woman around the globe! In the days after “Year One,” Diana comes face-to-face with Superman and Batman for the first time, as illustrated by “Year One” artist Nicola Scott…and years later, Liam Sharp brings you the story of how their friendship has evolved!

I guess Sacred Knight will finally find out if Rucka still has his "Batman fetish".
    huh, I guess Justice League Origin is out now. figures. I wonder if (I'm guessing that's merged N52/PC Supes) has the trunks on, you can't tell from that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In May, WW Annual #1 (re)tells the first meeting between Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman set 10 years ago during Diana's "Year One". On the cover, Batman has his New 52 costume while Superman... no.

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1
    Written by GREG RUCKA and others—Art by NICOLA SCOTT, LIAM SHARP and others—Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    The world of the Amazing Amazon expands in a collection of short stories that take Wonder Woman around the globe! In the days after “Year One,” Diana comes face-to-face with Superman and Batman for the first time, as illustrated by “Year One” artist Nicola Scott…and years later, Liam Sharp brings you the story of how their friendship has evolved!

I guess Sacred Knight will finally find out if Rucka still has his "Batman fetish".
    *Sigh* Yeah I'm done after this Reborn bs.

BANNED

This is the new suit folks,look at those cuffs,neither nuperman nor superdad has them,so it's reborn superman.

This is probably the most convulted moment in Superman history.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Looks like his entire history is being retconned...again. So Nuperman is just being wiped from history altogether. What about his pre-Flashpoint history? Is that being wiped too? So Lois and Superman didn't come from another dimension? This is too convoluted even for DC. My guess is it's New 52 Superman who went insane and broke out. Flashes of his past life with no context. So when he meets Superdad again he'll be in some kind of feral mode.
    It's too early to say what's in or out. My hope is just the broad strokes of the pre FLASHPOINT history remains, with more emphasis towards his pre Crisis history. That would be more compatible with Morrison's intro arc. Most of Nuperman's adventures can still exists where they don't flat out contradict the previous history. Just shuffle the order of events a little and you can even have much of the SM /WW stuff happening before he and Lois got together.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Nope. I'd actually say around 2003-2005 would still take the cake for convolution.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's too early to say what's in or out. My hope is just the broad strokes of the pre FLASHPOINT history remains, with more emphasis towards his pre Crisis history. That would be more compatible with Morrison's intro arc. Most of Nuperman's adventures can still exists where they don't flat out contradict the previous history. Just shuffle the order of events a little and you can even have much of the SM /WW stuff happening before he and Lois got together.
    That would be perfect.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really excited to see this first meeting. And hopefully see a lot of firsts of the new Superman over the next year. One thing I do hope they do is have Jon's birth still be in the batcave in the new timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really excited to see this first meeting. And hopefully see a lot of firsts of the new Superman over the next year. One thing I do hope they do is have Jon's birth still be in the batcave in the new timeline.
    This is something I'm kind of confused about when they want to integrate Superman into the current time line. Does that mean that everything he's done will shift around to mesh with the current universe? Things will happen different but still have happened?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Here are all the pics of reborn superman together,no.fan art

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Such a great time to be a Superman fan, right?

Are we sure that isn't actually Nicola Scott's rendition of N52 Superman? I thought maybe he was wearing the jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Well Rucka is more of a Batman guy than a Superman guy, that's just a fact. Some people just don't gravitate towards the character.
    Whaa? Rucka wrote Superman for a long time, about as long as he wrote WW in fact. His run on Superman was pretty good, too.

Could it be Chris Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Are we sure that isn't actually Nicola Scott's rendition of N52 Superman? I thought maybe he was wearing the jeans.
    Nah, definitely Reborn Superman. That's his new costume design and new 52 superman had a armored costume.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    This is something I'm kind of confused about when they want to integrate Superman into the current time line. Does that mean that everything he's done will shift around to mesh with the current universe? Things will happen different but still have happened?
    That is what the cover of action comics post reborn indicates. I'm guessing it's going to be like how batman was when the new 52 started, with a bunch of events from the past fitted in a tight 5 year timeline.

edit: ignore this
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-10-2017 at 05:54 PM. Reason: need to deete