Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It's not hard to wrap your brain around the fact that everything happpend,just to this 1 superman.

I wonder how they will.explain Jon's age and the 10 years behind the scenes superdad stayed now that everything is merged together?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    This is the new suit folks,look at those cuffs,neither nuperman nor superdad has them,so it's reborn superman.
    Nah. It's probably Superman's new hybrid Classic/NU52 year one suit that we'll get retconed in post-reborn.

Wouldn't make sense for it to be the post reborn suit with the yellow buckle because it's heavily implied that he gets that in the present. The new year one suit is basically the New 52 suit but with no cuffs, lines, ugly boots, or a collar. Basically the only thing it has is the New 52 belt.

It's not hard to wrap your brain around the fact that everything happpend,just to this 1 superman.

I wonder how they will.explain Jon's age and the 10 years behind the scenes superdad stayed now that everything is merged together?
    so it's not going to be as simple as Supes just getting the memories of both, the whole timeline is going to be shifted around? that could be very problematic. I hope they know what they are doing.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nah, definitely Reborn Superman. That's his new costume design and new 52 superman had a armored costume.

That is what the cover of action comics post reborn indicates. I'm guessing it's going to be like how batman was when the new 52 started, with a bunch of events from the past fitted in a tight 5 year timeline.
    I don't think it'll be a 5 year timeline . Probably closer to 15 years.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ha, yeah, the Rucka stuff I'm going to have to find out second hand, because I won't be reading it. I have no interest in his perspective on these friendships considering his past work. But, I think fans are safe from any Batman nonsense, because of Steve's presence. She should still be quite smitten with Mr. Trevor by the time they meet in this new "origin".

As for this preview, is it me or does the perspective seem to insinuate that this prisoner that escaped is rather large? Those are some big drawings. Unless the guy just went all novice-Michelangelo or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So is pretty much confirm that Superdad is going to integrate withtin the continuity with that annual. It's that the case, then i would just call him Superman from now on.

As for this preview, is it me or does the perspective seem to insinuate that this prisoner that escaped is rather large? Those are some big drawings. Unless the guy just went all novice-Michelangelo or something.
    Superman said that Jon was the artist of the family

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nah. It's probably Superman's new hybrid Classic/NU52 year one suit that we'll get retconed in post-reborn.

Wouldn't make sense for it to be the post reborn suit with the yellow buckle because it's heavily implied that he gets that in the present. The new year one suit is basically the New 52 suit but with no cuffs, lines, ugly boots, or a collar. Basically the only thing it has is the New 52 belt.
    Dude how long did superman wear the exact same suit before the reboot,don't answer,we both know he is a 1 suit kinda guy(before the reboot atleast),so why wouldn't it be the same.it has no cuffs so.its not the superdad suit,it doesn thave a collar or armor so it's not the nuperman suit,that leaves the reborn suit.

And the reason the reborn suit has red boots and a connecting belt,both shiney is it's part nupermans suit,the rest is superdad,before his rebirth suit.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    so it's not going to be as simple as Supes just getting the memories of both, the whole timeline is going to be shifted around? that could be very problematic. I hope they know what they are doing.
    This reborn superman did it all,and those it helps that nupermans heroic timeline was only 5 years and superdads time was in secret,it means they can overlap it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Could be, if done poorly. But on the other hand you can't keep things as it is. That's even more problematic. Again, I write this like a broken record, but I only do it to get across the point of how it looks:

Clark Kent grows up and begins his life as Superman.
    A Superman of the non-Flashpoint divergent version of this Earth returns home, to the equivalent of about 10 years in his past.
    Superman operates for five years.
    NFD Superman lives with his wife and son as he Smith's in the country for ten years with him doing incognito work that manages to go completely unnoticed.
    Superman gets sick and dies.
    The other Superman takes his place.

I mean, that's just...awful. The second bullet point is where it all goes to hell and would make any novice reader say whaaa? It has to be redone. And even "redone" is a term used loosely here. It can still be essentially the bulk of the post-Crisis history, just with Jon integrated in as being born at some point. Maybe a few New 52 stories being fit into the canon. That's all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-10-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dude how long did superman wear the exact same suit before the reboot,don't answer,we both know he is a 1 suit kinda guy(before the reboot atleast),so why wouldn't it be the same.it has no cuffs so.its not the superdad suit,it doesn thave a collar or armor so it's not the nuperman suit,that leaves the reborn suit.

And the reason the reborn suit has red boots and a connecting belt,both shiney is it's part nupermans suit,the rest is superdad,before his rebirth suit.
    Huh? But the suit I posted above has no cuffs or a collar. It's basically the rebirth suit with the New 52 belt. And seeing as the cover I posted heavily implies that this is the that DC is retconning in as a stand to have been the suit Clark wore for all of his past adventures, and the fact that the Wonder Woman story is set in the past, I feel pretty confident that it's the suit from the cover I posted.

I don't think he has the Reborn suit for all of his time as Superman. I think it's a fairly new suit to him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Nope. I'd actually say around 2003-2005 would still take the cake for convolution.
    I'd say they're about the same. We don't know his history and we're just waiting for DC to decide what it is.
    Assassinate Putin!

DC Comics Historian

It's not hard to wrap your brain around the fact that everything happpend,just to this 1 susacrifi.

I would be delighted if somehow Oz made Superman feel everything and remember everything that happened to New 52 Clark. But I refuse to forget New 52 Superman just because nobody, myself included didn't particularly like him. He was still Superman to me. And he sacrificed himself like a Superman would and should given the circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Huh? But the suit I posted above has no cuffs or a collar. It's basically the rebirth suit with the New 52 belt. And seeing as the cover I posted heavily implies that this is the that DC is retconning in as a stand to have been the suit Clark wore for all of his past adventures, and the fact that the Wonder Woman story is set in the past, I feel pretty confident that it's the suit from the cover I posted.

I don't think he has the Reborn suit for all of his time as Superman. I think it's a fairly new suit to him.

OK so.lets.get on the same page
    -rebirth suit has the cuffs and no collar
    -reborn suit has no cuffs and no.collar

The annual shows no.cuffs and no collar,so not either the new 52 or rebirth suit.
    So that leaves 1 suit,and we know reborn superman is getting a mix of history,just look at the cover you posted yourself.tjats why I'm thinking it's gonna be the reborn suit,and it will probably be the only suit he has ever work IMO of course.

It all depends if when the merging happens it changes history or it just adds more memories for the superman that comes out of this as superman.

My guess is it changes everything to 1 superman all the time and everything happened to just him

Of course IMO and theory 1 million and 32 so far,so who knows lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    I would be delighted if somehow Oz made Superman feel everything and remember everything that happened to New 52 Clark. But I refuse to forget New 52 Superman just because nobody, myself included didn't particularly like him. He was still Superman to me. And he sacrificed himself like a Superman would and should given the circumstances.

Hopefully there won't be a nuperman or superdad after reborn,just superman,and 1 that experienced it all.

With that said I wonder HOW he experienced it all,that's the question

OK so.lets.get on the same page
    -rebirth suit has the cuffs and no collar
    -reborn suit has no cuffs and no.collar
    What I'm getting at is that the suit we see on the cover I posted is NOT the New 52 suit, but a sort of fused suit. It has no cuffs of collar, yet it has the New 52 belt. I think that suit is symbolic of the mixed histories. I think it's the suit he'll be wearing in the past.

Also this down here is the description for the issue that belongs to the cover I posted. Note the part in bold. We can say with almost complete assurance that Superdad will be the one true Superman, and we know that he'll spend the issue remembering his past. so with that in mind and looking at the cover, I think we can assume that the costume we see on the cover is the one he wears in his new past before he gets the Reborn suit.

And if that suit is in his past, then it stands to reason that he'd be wearing it in Wonder Woman's past, right?

ACTION COMICS #977
    Written by DAN JURGENS. Art by IAN CHURCHILL. Cover by ANDY KUBERT. Variant cover by GARY FRANK
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    "Superman Reborn Aftermath" part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history-the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet-to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I think the person who escaped is Kon. From the scribbling on the wall, we know the person who was in that cell knew Superman closely. They knew his secret identity, his origin, etc.

AND it would explain Tim's reaction if the person he reacted to in the cell was Kon.

I really hope it is Kon. He's due to return.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor