Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I dunno, something about being in a cell and making drawings, it reminds me of Imra stuck in Arkham drawing a Legion symbol to try and get attention. Could it be a Legionnaire? You could do what New Super-Man did and go with a totally off-kilter choice. Like someone else once thought dead, like Ferro Lad. Someone waiting for a LONG time for Superman to rescue him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What I'm getting at is that the suit we see on the cover I posted is NOT the New 52 suit, but a sort of fused suit. It has no cuffs of collar, yet it has the New 52 belt. I think that suit is symbolic of the mixed histories. I think it's the suit he'll be wearing in the past.

Also this down here is the description for the issue that belongs to the cover I posted. Note the part in bold. We can say with almost complete assurance that Superdad will be the one true Superman, and we know that he'll spend the issue remembering his past. so with that in mind and looking at the cover, I think we can assume that the costume we see on the cover is the one he wears in his new past before he gets the Reborn suit.

And if that suit is in his past, then it stands to reason that he'd be wearing it in Wonder Woman's past, right?

ACTION COMICS #977
    Written by DAN JURGENS. Art by IAN CHURCHILL. Cover by ANDY KUBERT. Variant cover by GARY FRANK
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    "Superman Reborn Aftermath" part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history-the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet-to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

I think reborn has a lot of work to do.it has to merge seemlessly the pre flashpoint history,superdad post Convergence history,and nupermans history all on one.

That's a lot to do,I.mean will he remember fighting metallic for the 1st time twice? Or once? Will it happen 5 years ago or 15? Which design will he have?See just a few questions about 1 story beat out of 100s.

I know that annual cover suit isn't superdad or nupermans that is for sure,but sure it could be a former suit worn by reborn superman,or it could just be the actual reborn suit,and he has worn it for that long,that really doesn't matter now does it? What matters it's different than both nupermans and superdad am I right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I think the person who escaped is Kon. From the scribbling on the wall, we know the person who was in that cell knew Superman closely. They knew his secret identity, his origin, etc.

AND it would explain Tim's reaction if the person he reacted to in the cell was Kon.

I really hope it is Kon. He's due to return.
    Kon would be a great choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, something about being in a cell and making drawings, it reminds me of Imra stuck in Arkham drawing a Legion symbol to try and get attention. Could it be a Legionnaire? You could do what New Super-Man did and go with a totally off-kilter choice. Like someone else once thought dead, like Ferro Lad. Someone waiting for a LONG time for Superman to rescue him.
    But you gave me the idea that it could be starman,he was nuts before the reboot,and that connection over time brought my boy Kon back

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Such a great time to be a Superman fan, right?
    Given we have gotten some of the best Superman books since Grant Morrison's run on Action, yes, yes it is! :P
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Dang. Didn't even think of that. It could definitely be a Legionnaire.

Why did you have to bring this into the equation?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I think reborn has a lot of work to do.it has to merge seemlessly the pre flashpoint history,superdad post Convergence history,and nupermans history all on one.

That's a lot to do,I.mean will he remember fighting metallic for the 1st time twice? Or once? Will it happen 5 years ago or 15? Which design will he have?See just a few questions about 1 story beat out of 100s.

I know that annual cover suit isn't superdad or nupermans that is for sure,but sure it could be a former suit worn by reborn superman,or it could just be the actual reborn suit,and he has worn it for that long,that really doesn't matter now does it? What matters it's different than both nupermans and superdad am I right?
    I was just making it clear that it's highly likely that this post-reborn Superman may have worn the suit seen in that cover in the past. I don't actually care if he did or didn't, just expressing that it's an option.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'd say they're about the same. We don't know his history and we're just waiting for DC to decide what it is.
    Difference is, we will have some semblance of a concrete history of Superman after REBORN. From 2003 to 2005 we had two Origin stories for Superman and DC saying they both count, then never really deciding on either until erasing both for another we don't see for three more years. 6 months of uncertainty this time. Almost 6 YEARS last time.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I was just making it clear that it's highly likely that this post-reborn Superman may have worn the suit seen in that cover in the past. I don't actually care if he did or didn't, just expressing that it's an option.
    That's OK,but can we agree that in the annual cover they deliberately made it vague to keep.us guessing?

I wonder if it's Kon. Might be an interesting thing to connect Jon to.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That's OK,but can we agree that in the annual cover they deliberately made it vague to keep.us guessing?
    Probably so to keep the not-so-secret secret of what Superman's past is like (ie what suit/history). They basically don't want fully let on just yet that it's a new (ish) history since it's just a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I wonder if it's Kon. Might be an interesting thing to connect Jon to.
    Seems a little odd to make a character that has had zero impact in the Superman line lately into arguably the most important. I strongly doubt it was him. He may show up later as an teaser for things to come though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    That graffiti has to be the work of a kid with super powers, doesn't it? It's clearly a child's drawings but carved in rock. Also, the artist seems to have intimate knowledge of Superman and his world. Jon would be a suspect, but it would be odd that there's no mention of "Dad," just Superman.

Let's hope it's not Superboy Prime!
    Or it could be Chris Kent. Except for the same problem--no mention of "Dad", or "Daddy-Clark", or whatever he used to call his foster father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Dang. Didn't even think of that. It could definitely be a Legionnaire.

Why did you have to bring this into the equation?
    I'm sorry! But I have one more: Mr. Mxyzptlk. A fifth dimensional imp with gnarly powers whom, although loves to tease Superman also kinda considers him a friend? Maybe he was imprisoned because he would have wanted to help correct the destruction of Superman's history. And I could see the guy drawing like a child.

But you gave me the idea that it could be starman,he was nuts before the reboot,and that connection over time brought my boy Kon back
    That's an interesting idea too. Like you said, wouldn't be the first time he was involved with these types of shenanigans somehow.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-10-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think it's new 52 Lois
    - It's safe to say Oz has both her and N52 Supes
    - she's got flying powers so she might have drawn that crazy stuff all over the walls
    - there is an emphasis on the daily planet (not something Kon or Chris or Jon would do)

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they won't be merging. Maybe its going to be revealed that Nuperman and Superman have always been one and the same and that he only remembered the New 52 timeline because of Manhattan's meddling and his "death" allowed him to regain all of his memories that he lost with Flashpoint. That might be what Superwoman #7 was alluding to.

So, is the end result just going to be retconning it so that the Pre-Flashpoint Superman history is restored but that Superman simply never wore trunks? Because I find it very hard to believe that all the Superman writers would draw such emphasis to Superman's memories (Hitch having Supes recount his history with the League in JL, Manapul having Superman drop mentions of Silver Age history at dinner with Batman and WW, Supes flashing back to his original fight with Doomsday during that Action arc, etc.) only to erase them. If this is just to get him out of the trunks, then I think that would be pretty stupid.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-10-2017 at 08:56 PM.