Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    DC Comics Historian

Default Is Kon-El being brought back to the fold in Rebirth (Superman Reborn SPOILERS)

Who broke out of Oz's prison? It's obviously someone incredibly close to Superman. With all the usual suspects accounted for and one glaring missing person within the new 52 as the versions they brought out were all frauds apparently to me it has to be Conner Kent IE Kon-EL. That's where I am putting my money as of right now.

Anyone else?

Conner is in limbo. Jon makes him redundant.

BANNED

Maybe a Kon that was driven mad by being locked up.look at all the "please" and "save me",that's someone who has been there for A very long time IMO.

I think new 52 Kon is with Harvest being a mindless weapon,so he can go to you know where,and pre Kon (if we get him back) is somewhere in a cloning pod buried under Cadmus.

I can see it being superboy prime,which I don't want,but it's DC,they give you what you don't want,and you have to bitch for years to get what you actually do want

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That is not true,and actually something superboy prime would say.

Jon is a lil boy who just got powers,and had a normal childhood,and is the son of superman.

Kon is a older teenager who was created to be the Earth's superman,and knows that's his purpose.nothing natural about him at all.not to mention he isn't supermans son,one way or another.

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That is not true,and actually something superboy prime would say.

Jon is a lil boy who just got powers,and had a normal childhood,and is the son of superman.

Kon is a older teenager who was created to be the Earth's superman,and knows that's his purpose.nothing natural about him at all.not to mention he isn't supermans son,one way or another.
    Kon- El saved the world in Infinite Crisis. He is far from redundant c-lister. He is a beloved and missed character not to mention Tim Drakes forgotten best friend. The Titans team is sorely missing a Superman Family member. That was proven when Clark and Wally spoke to one another. We have Dick and Wally but no Conner. He deserves a rebirth and a promotion from Teen to Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This...

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

DC Comics Historian

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    This...

10char
    Agree to disagree sir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Kon- El saved the world in Infinite Crisis. He is far from redundant c-lister. He is a beloved and missed character not to mention Tim Drakes forgotten best friend. The Titans team is sorely missing a Superman Family member. That was proven when Clark and Wally spoke to one another. We have Dick and Wally but no Conner. He deserves a rebirth and a promotion from Teen to Titan.
    Kon has REAL history,he has so many ties to so many in the DCU,he really is part of the lifeblood of it.

Even though I would like Kon to be 18-19,I still want him with HIS friends Tim,Cassie and Bart.linda danvers would be perfect for the Titans book though

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Agree to disagree sir.
    Exactly,jeez ppl are such haters

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't see Conner ever coming back, honestly. There's no real place for him. Unless the pre-Flashpoint universe is still out there somewhere but I don't see how.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't see Conner ever coming back, honestly. There's no real place for him. Unless the pre-Flashpoint universe is still out there somewhere but I don't see how.

In a world with a superman there will always be humans wanting to recreate him,so why wouldn't he have a place,I would think now would be the perfect time

Considering the perspective of the drawings on the walls and floor compared to Oz, it seems like its a rather giant person. I have no doubt Conner will return soon, I just am not so certain this is him.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

If indeed the death and Return story for Superman is still canon , then Conner still exists in some form. We just haven't seen him in 6 years of real world time. ( 2 years comic book Time I'd reckon.)
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Trust me, Conner/KON-EL is going to come back, specially with Death and Return being canon again, there is place for him in the Superfamily

I'll put it this way, if he doesn't show up IN Reborn, he will at the very least be restored AFTER Reborn.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Wouldn't it be funny if Oz was hank henshaw and he was holding Kon like he did at engine city back in the reign of the supermen story years ago.remember Kon broke free then 2 lol.

I won't believe it until I see it,and I don't think I will.

Best bet he was in a Cadmus pod through the entire 5 years,and now that superman is whole again,he can awaken